Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

overkill94

Where to draft these injured players (keeper league)

I've got my 10-team keeper league (non-PPR) draft on Saturday and there seem to be more injured players up for grabs than usual pre-draft. We get to keep players in the round they're drafted (except 1st or 2nd rounders) so being patient with a guy like Jordy Nelson could pay huge dividends next year. Since there are 28 players kept in rounds later than they would normally go, you have to bump up the normal round projections by 1 or 2.

Arian Foster - too early in the 3rd round? I've got the 2nd pick so I doubt he would make it back to me in the 4th round; would have great keeper value for next year

Jordy Nelson - worth it in something like the 12th round?

Kelvin Benjamin - maybe 14th?

Kevin White - worth a stash at all?

The way rosters get crunched during bye weeks and such it'll be tough to hang onto a guy out for the year throughout a full season - is it even worth it to consider one of those WRs?

Thanks!

Foster in the third just seems really early. I feel like he wasn't even going that early last season.

I'd grab both Jordy and Benjamin late in the draft for sure.

I know nothing about Kevin White, so I won't try to pretend like I do.

I'd add Gordon later on in the year though if he doesn't test positive again which I doubt he will.

I agree with most of the things the last post. I wouldn't draft Foster tha early, and I would grab Nelson and Benjamin. I really like White, and when he returns, he'll be solid. If you can get him in the late rounds, he has very high upside.

Free agents become 10th round keepers so I could probably pick up White and/or Gordon at the end of the year and still get good value. Pretty sure someone else will draft and stash Jordy/Benjamin though so it's just a matter of whether I want to be that guy and waste a roster spot for this year.

Foster was a 2nd rounder in our draft last year but I'm pretty sure he was coming off surgery or something. If he were completely healthy he'd probably be the 4th or 5th pick after ADP, Charles, Lynch, and maybe Murray. The only problem is that he's already 29 so his decline might start this year so him as a 3rd rounder next year in his age 30 season might not be a slam dunk.

To your questions: Jordy is absolutely worth it in the 12th -- the ACL will heal completely and he's probably 3rd round value next year. It's difficult to see Adams supplanting him.

I prefer Jordy in the 12th to Benjamin in the 14th -- he's better and Funchess is more of a threat, IMO. But if you need 2 keepers, Benjamin in the 14th is still attractive.

I would rank White below both as we don't know what to expect from him and he still has to show he can be an NFL receiver. But if you lose out on one or both of the above, he may be worth it. But you can only have so many guys glued to the bench.

Not crazy about Foster in the 3rd; sure, he should be back before too long but who knows how effective he'll be. Injured guys are more likely to get injured again. Who knows if Foster for a 3rd next year will be anything to get too excited about.

I think Nelson and Benjamin after the 12th is pretty legit. Foster that early is a strecth but it might pay off.

Yeah, I'd probably pull the trigger at the end of the 4th round but with guys like Gordon and Gurley probably available at the beginning of the 3rd I'll probably try for one of them instead.

My 3 keepers this year (Watkins in the 7th, Ingram in the 8th, Kelce in the 10th) can all be kept again next year so guys like Nelson and Benjamin would most likely be trade bait unless one of my current keepers flops. If there's nothing exciting left in those late rounds I might pull the trigger but I'm now realizing I probably just won't have the patience. Thanks guys!