Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warriornation

Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings:

Yahoo Fantasy Football Question: Does this mean division winners get a bye and move onto the semi's?

This is the one I chose.

Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs and all other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

I think it does, because there is also another option.

All teams seeded according to overall standings: All playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks

I just found this from another forum.

Yahoo gives three options for leagues with divisions:

1. All teams seeded according to overall standings

2. Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

3. Division winners advance but are seeded by overall standings.

The first option essentially means that the divisions are meaningless for playoffs, the top 4/6/8 teams will make it no matter what. The second and third only apply to division winners so at worst the winner of the worst division will get the #2 seed but all other teams in that division will be on equal footing as the rest of the league. You can find out what setting your league uses by clicking on the league settings.

Edit: You also could click on the playoffs tab by the league standings to see what your playoffs would like like today, it incorporates the league settings for divisions. I am in two leagues with divisions that use different settings and both display the correct playoff seeding for each setting.

Depends on how many playoff teams you choose. The way it reads is the division winners are automatically in but not always the top 2 seeds because seeds are based on record. The second option just takes the top however many playoff teams are selected.

Does this mean division winners get a bye?

Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs and all other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

Does this mean division winners get a bye?

6 teams make the playoffs in a 12 team league and the playoffs last 3 weeks. Do the division winners get a bye? I appreciate you helping me make sense of this. Am I correct that the division winners get a bye?

The top 2 teams regardless of division would get top 2 seeds and a bye. But division winners will always make the playoffs. For division winners to always get a bye, you'd need to have the second option listed above.

Thank you.

The top 2 teams regardless of division would get top 2 seeds and a bye. But division winners will always make the playoffs. For division winners to always get a bye, you'd need to have the second option listed above.

Anyone know if Yahoo commissioner can make playoff seeding changes after the draft and before the season starts?

Thank you.

Anyone know if Yahoo commissioner can make playoff seeding changes after the draft and before the season starts?

I dont think you can if its a free Yahoo league.