Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyBoy

Terrence Jones 2015-2016 Season Outlook

The potential is clearly there and Jones can fill the stat sheet in limited minutes. But the question is, can he stay healthy? I reached last year for him so doing it again this year is clearly not very appealing

Clearly Stockton2Malone and Jake watch boxscores and fantasy ranks instead of real games.

I'm pretty sure my wife would argue this one...

I didn't say he was a stiff I just said he has a serious injury to deal with:

http://spacecityscoop.com/2015/09/18/houston-rockets-donatas-motiejunas-wont-be-ready-for-training-camp/

Back surgery...kind of a big deal...

The fact that he doesn't have SF eligibility in ESPN downgrades him significantly for me. A SF who can block 1.8 shots is a special player. A PF who does so is just another decent PF. The fact that his FT% is also poor leaves something to be desired. He's still a decent target in the mid-late rounds but to me he's just another FT killing big man.

Not worried at the FT% at that's at a low volume. If it gets past 2 then it's definitely a problem. Draymond Green is the only thing close to Jones's block per game mark at the SF position. Your SF FG% being 53% in gold as well. His rebound rate is also above average for a SF.

What pick/round is a good target? Current ADP is 96. Which tier would you put him in e.g. Ariza and Parsons?

The fact that he doesn't have SF eligibility in ESPN downgrades him significantly for me. A SF who can block 1.8 shots is a special player. A PF who does so is just another decent PF. The fact that his FT% is also poor leaves something to be desired. He's still a decent target in the mid-late rounds but to me he's just another FT killing big man.

To be honest the SF designation is a farce. He's hardly ever played SF, he's played probably 10x more minutes at center than he ever has at SF. http://www.82games.com/1314/13HOU13.HTM , http://www.82games.com/1415/14HOU14.HTM

Everything you said is correct so this comment isn't really aimed at you, but I just had to say something about that. The fact that he gets SF designation year after year after year is just so strange to me.

Anyone concerned about recent injury news? Still worthy of top 75 pick or should he be drafted closer to his ADP of 96?

Hes playing great tonight... he looks awesome.. Really hope he stays injury free cos he is fun as hell to watch and own.

Kevin McHale has asked for him to help out on the defensively of boards. He responded by getting 4 rebounds in two games total. So this 12 rebound game should impress the coaching staff. DMo may not be ready for opening week so it time for Jones to string in a good opening month.

This dude is like a magnet when it comes to picking up injuries. Its a shame because it's so fun to see him stride on the court.

Anyone seeing him do big things this year? I know health is his big question.. But I need a reason to pick him in a draft lol.

Anyone seeing him do big things this year? I know health is his big question.. But I need a reason to pick him in a draft lol.

I do. He was pretty solid once he came back last year and before he went down with the nerve issue he was posting top 25 numbers. DMO is hurt and Howard isn't the player he once was so he'll still get some time at center and he has no competition for minutes at the 4.

I do. He was pretty solid once he came back last year and before he went down with the nerve issue he was posting top 25 numbers. DMO is hurt and Howard isn't the player he once was so he'll still get some time at center and he has no competition for minutes at the 4.

you are right about his opportunity, until D-mo comes back his only comp at the 4 is a rook who goes by the name Montrezl Harrel.

if he plays really well I may try to sell high before he's in a timeshare with D-mo (purely speculation there, I know nothing. Any Rockes fan want to chime in?)

Terrence Jones has decided to bypass a contract extension, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports.Jones has been unable to gain traction before the November 2 deadline and will become a restricted free agent after the 2015-16 season.

Benching him tonight don't want no part of Draymond and I am a Rockets fan. Hope I am wrong and he balls out but I can't take that chance tonight.

Benching him tonight don't want no part of Draymond and I am a Rockets fan. Hope I am wrong and he balls out but I can't take that chance tonight.

I wouldn't bench him. He is a mid-round guy and I think you just roll the dice with those guys. Warriors and Rockets play with a lot of pace and I think Jones will get some decent counting stats and a steal or block so it won't be a completely wasted night.

are you playing Otto Porter in place of him?

that was some dirty play by steph

if this ends up becoming long term, tjones really has some terrible luck with fluky injuries..

apparently just a cut above eyelids - getting stitched and will try to come back to play