Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyBoy

Terrence Jones 2015-2016 Season Outlook

No, it means the real life Houston Rockets have not put him on the inactive list.

Terrence Jones (lacerated eyelid) was not present during Wednesday morning's shootaround.

It's strange to see a player miss three consecutive games with a scratched eyelid, but it's looking like the oft-injured big man is in serious jeopardy of sitting out Wednesday's matchup with the Magic. The upside is there, but it's certainly frustrating to see Jones get off to such a slow start. If he's unable to give it a go, the Rockets could go with either Montrezl Harrell or Clint Capela at the power forward position, or they could go with a small ball lineup featuring Trevor Ariza at the four-spot with Marcus Thornton and James Harden on the wings. Stay tuned.

I prepared to have him just sit out the week

My friend got stitches right above his left eye last thursday...went back to playing basketball on that following monday. TJ is charmin soft

Terrence Jones HOU, Doubtful openwindow.png

Jones missed this morning's shootaround and looks likely to miss tonight's game. [Marcus Thornton gains 27 minutes]
Welp.

Damn def has been frustrating as hell owning him, but I'm riding with him and going to just keep holding. I firmly believe once he finally gets on the court again, he will produce. You will not find anything like this on WW...you just won't. But damn this is getting annoying lol.

Terrence Jones will undergo an very complex surgery tomorrow to address his fragile nature.

The procedure, known as Wolverinoptery, will involve fusing his complete skeleton with adamantium.

While this is an experimental procedure, there is one known success story performed on James Howlett

in a secretive military procedure. The recovery time of the procedure is minimal (1-2days). However,

we do not expect Jones to be back on the court for the next 6-8weeks while he recovers from a career

threatening lacerated eyelid.

This dude has the worst luck, and its kinda hard to play when you cant open one eye.

He will be back and producing in no time.

lol, can't believe I took the kool-aid again after trying to hold him for months last year.

At least it's not nerve damage. But an eyelid injury? That's a new one on me. Anyone wanna predict his next injury, lol? :D

seriously, an injured eye lid. Is that even a thing?

It's almost comical

lol, can't believe I took the kool-aid again after trying to hold him for months last year.

At least it's not nerve damage. But an eyelid injury? That's a new one on me. Anyone wanna predict his next injury, lol? :D

Jones goes for a dunk, get's blocked and lands weird on the ground. Tries to continues but loses sensation in the area/limited range of motion in hip region area.

Leaves game for medical examination. Fantasy owners scared, teammates visibly concerned, Kevin McHale gives vague post-game interviews.

2-3 days and we hear no updates...panic sets in for everybody, LMs making drops left and right. We fear and speculate watching replays slow mos over and over again, did he injure his hip/spine/tailbone/etc?! Oh no it must be serious this time.....

Finally after 3-4 days, Rockets give injury updates. A$$ Contusion....out for 3 games. :P

No updates? Wtf

"he cut is one the inside of Jones' eye, and his eye is still swollen shut, so it sounds like Terrence is in danger of missing both Friday's game vs. the Kings as well as Saturday's matchup with the Clippers."

Okay so he really can't open his eye. The cut is INSIDE his eye for christ's sake. I'm worried this could last more than a week.

Okay so he really can't open his eye. The cut is INSIDE his eye for christ's sake. I'm worried this could last more than a week.

Didn't know it was possible to get a cut on the inside of the eye! But anyways, still gotta hold him. Weirdest injury I've ever seen but don't think it's worth dropping him over it.

TJones injuries are really something bizarre...they seem to go from being very minor and get worse the longer he's out...Next we'll be hearing about how the cut has become infected or that he'll need surgery to keep from losing his eye. Still, you have to hold...but this is getting comical

Dude don't jinx it.

But seriously, I'm more pissed off that nearly every T Jones injury is not only spanning multiple games, but also rarely has a timetable; we can't really drop due to his potential, and we can't expect him back at any certain point either. It makes sense, as all of his injuries are so bizarre, but I suppose that's the downside to owning Jones.

Prediction: His eye is exposed to sunlight one day from coming back and the UV light causes further eye damage and because he can't see he trips over a dog and lands on his face, cutting the inside of his other eye. No one is there to help him, so he crawls along the ground, unable to see, unable to hear because he is sobbing so loudly. He makes his way out into traffic and narrowly avoids being hit by cars until a tiger that has escaped from the zoo wanders past, and having not eaten for days takes a bite out of Terrence's calf. He is rescued and a day later infection sets in both eyes and his calf muscle, and leaches are used to help draw out bad blood. Unfortunately, Terrance is allergic to the numbing agent leaches use when they bite, and his body breaks out in hives that will last a minimum of 12 weeks (according to doctors). He is so itchy. He just can't stop scratching and ends up driving himself crazy, not only from the itching, but also because he is too scared to leave his room, constantly worried about the outside world and the 'scary things' that exist out there. His mother moves in with him and they buy him a bubble suit with extra inflation, feeding him peeled grapes and distilled water until his bubble suit bursts and Terrance is killed in the explosion.