Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyBoy

Terrence Jones 2015-2016 Season Outlook

Rockets' head coach Kevin McHale said that Terrence Jones has shown improvement in his lacerated eyelid, but he will remain sidelined for Friday's game vs. the Kings.

"[Thursday] was the best he has looked," McHale said. "He was able to open his eye. It was actually swollen shut and today I saw him open his eye so that’s good." It's unclear exactly when Jones will be able to return to the court, but for now, we'll be considering him questionable for Saturday's game against the Clippers. Marcus Thornton has been starting with Jones out, and over the last three he has put in averages of 17.0 points, 4.0 boards, 3.0 three-pointers and 2.0 assists per game. Thornton is worth a look for those seeking some short-term value in scoring and 3-point shooting.

OPEN EYE FOLKS. Here's hoping he gets better soon. Looks like 1-2 more games.

Nov. 11 return?

I'm still fielding trade offers for him pretty regularly. One dude keeps offering me MCW who has headaches of his own. Not really sure if I should pull the trigger on that.

Any owners here from last season as well? He got no timetable again. Deja vu.

But but he can open his eye now. At least his eye doesn't have nerve damage, heh.

I'm still fielding trade offers for him pretty regularly. One dude keeps offering me MCW who has headaches of his own. Not really sure if I should pull the trigger on that.

Nope - MCW is trash especially in 9 CAT - hold, let him beast for a few weeks then sell if that's what you want to do - no point selling low IMO

last year, we had no IR and i still held him for a long time,

(then was lucky to be able to pick him back up again)

At least, we have an IR slot now.

He'll be back and he'll be valuable.

Ingrown toenail 10-1

Scorpion bite 80-1

Staph infection 20-1

Perforated eardrum 50-1

Sprained ankle and concussion from falling in bathtub 60-1

All of the above during 2015-16 season 200-1

Taking your bets now...

Next thing you know, he'll pull a larry saunders and publicly announce he is no longer interested in basketball

Headache players are great to own said nobody

Just think of the upside. The upside. It's still early; to drop him or trade for pennies on the dollar (MCW? Really?) is just asinine unless you're in a 10-teamer, in which case you probably shouldn't have drafted Jones until the late rounds anyway.

I was thinking more of a unicorn falls off a rainbow in the sky, lands on Jones. Its horn pierces his eye, its leg smashes his leg, and he also suffers nerve damage because of it, causing him to have all three injuries from this and last season. He's not placed on the injury list for any fantasy server, preventing him from IR, but is rather "No timetable". His coach, the media, and he all say a return is imminent...which lasts until 2018.

Ingrown toenail 10-1

Scorpion bite 80-1

Staph infection 20-1

Perforated eardrum 50-1

Taking your bets now...

I was honestly thinking about posting ingrown toenail as a joke (Shaq had to undergo operation for one) but knowing this guy's luck, it's a possibility.

Ingrown toenail 10-1

Scorpion bite 80-1

Staph infection 20-1

Perforated eardrum 50-1

Taking your bets now...

I was honestly thinking about posting ingrown toenail as a joke (Shaq had to undergo operation for one) but knowing this guy's luck, it's a possibility.

I'll go with ruptured spleen caused by getting up from his couch in an awkward fashion.

Just lol at the direction this thread is going. In all seriousness, this guy just can't catch a break.

I'm going with scorpion bite.

Eh, it's better than the KoQ one where we all make fun of Bruski. Even now, I think he's still pretty far off on his prediction for KoQ.

Anyway, out today and tomorrow. Don't really need him and he is making progress but man, just irritating to realize how frail he is.

"frail" is unfair. the guy got poked in the the eye. i don't think eye/eyelid injuries fall into the "frail" designation. he's unlucky.

Dont need him for this weekend and just claimed him this morning so im fine. If he can play this monday then that would be amazing. 3 more days to heal on an eye that can already be opened. Heres to hoping....

i dropped him without hesitation and i drafted him as my 7th rounder. why? bc houston is too deep, and he doesn't do enough. where's the upside with tjones considering the depth houston has?