Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyBoy

Terrence Jones 2015-2016 Season Outlook

i dropped him without hesitation and i drafted him as my 7th rounder. why? bc houston is too deep, and he doesn't do enough. where's the upside with tjones considering the depth houston has?

What depth are you worried about? Capela? Harrell? Donatas? If you drafted TJ in the 7th round did you completely overlook the depth Houston has? Nothing has changed except Howard is being rested regularly to start the year.

i dropped him without hesitation and i drafted him as my 7th rounder. why? bc houston is too deep, and he doesn't do enough. where's the upside with tjones considering the depth houston has?

What depth are you worried about? Capela? Harrell? Donatas? If you drafted TJ in the 7th round did you completely overlook the depth Houston has? Nothing has changed except Howard is being rested regularly to start the year.

Seems pretty rash based on him being a headache. When he is on the court he is a major fantasy asset. No point in dropping him now.

what depth at the pf position do they have... Montrezl Harrell? Marcus Thornton? L o L

You forgot to mention you dropped him for Stauskas...probably because you've already dropped Stauskas by now.

^^^^ i can't even take this dood's comment seriously. i bet at the end of the season stauskas and tjones will be ranked the same. also finding a 7th rounder on the waiver wire isn't that difficult. not sure why you guys love tjones so much when the only asset he produces is blocks for his position. pts and rebounds are cheapest fill-in.

^^^^ i can't even take this dood's comment seriously. i bet at the end of the season stauskas and tjones will be ranked the same. also finding a 7th rounder on the waiver wire isn't that difficult. not sure why you guys love tjones so much when the only asset he produces is blocks for his position. pts and rebounds are cheapest fill-in.

Lmao, just the fact you dropped your 7th pick a few days into the season because of a freak injury is bad enough. Why bother even drafting him? But then to drop him so you could add an unproven WW rookie based on a couple decent but unspectacular games? Anyway, good luck.

clearly you don't understand how easy it is to find a 7th rounder on the waiver. but hey, you do you and i'll do what i've been doing for the last 10 years of playing fantasy basketball. this guy probably thought a 7th round was automatic gold lol. you draft base on talent but once the season starts the draft order is out of the equation.

stauskas unproven as a 3pt shooter? okay bro..idiot

depends on ur depth imo. if ur squad has 3 players that puts up the same stat line..u can't win like that. u'll have to diversify

Just looking at the team in your sig....You rage dropped Jones over a freak injury a week into the season over guys like Plumlee, Cauley-Stein and M. Leonard...good lord. 10 years of fantasy basketball taught you nothing.

Just looking at the team in your sig....You rage dropped Jones over a freak injury a week into the season over guys like Plumlee, Cauley-Stein and M. Leonard...good lord. 10 years of fantasy basketball taught you nothing.

i wouldn't bother arguing with someone who doesnt see the value of TJones with limited playing time he's easily a top 70 player

FYI no one in any of my money leagues have dropped TJones

clearly you don't understand how easy it is to find a 7th rounder on the waiver. but hey, you do you and i'll do what i've been doing for the last 10 years of playing fantasy basketball. this guy probably thought a 7th round was automatic gold lol. you draft base on talent but once the season starts the draft order is out of the equation.

stauskas unproven as a 3pt shooter? okay bro..idiot

I love when people make ridiculous claims like its "easy" to find 7th round value on the waivers to appear as though they know something about fantasy ball. Good luck finding a guy that has upside for 15 7 1 steal 2 blocks on the waivers. And you also picked up Cauley-Stein that is truly terrible and not even starting with Cousins out now Mr. Expert. Did you think he would hold 7th round value with Cousins out? Or possibly the whole year?

Lets also not forget the fact that Meyers Leanord went undrafted or dropped in your league speaks volumes.

The fact of the matter is I would have picked up Stein and Staukus, but to act like dropping Jones was a rational decision is insanity. He had 15 6 1-1 and attempted 2 threes in his first game, then had his eye lid cut in the second. You are not satisfied if he average 15 6 1-1 and .7 threes a game? You want someone else to have that guy and you can roll out Stein night in and out?

You also throw out things like "all the depth Houston has", but never touched on the fact that they have ZERO pf depth behind jones. Maybe rather than be a condescending flamer back up your reasons with facts instead of conjecture and respond when properly called out about Houstons front court depth.

It's funny when people expose themselves as idiots on these forums but act like they know fantasy bball.

"Yeah bro, 7th rounders are easily replaceable" Lol... This is like a parody of all the worst rotoworld posters in one.

7th rounder?

Last year, he was #68 overall (6th round value) for 9-cat leagues in just 27mpg on BBM. I would rather call him "early round potential".

Can you name one other sf eligible player that can average 2 blocks for the entire season? Not to mention 7+ boards on 50% shooting, that can also hit 1 3 per game, and close to 1 steal. Even if he makes no progression from last season, his line is still very very useful.

Maybe Kawhi Leonard and Kevin Durant? Other then those 1st round guys is there anyone else? Doubt you can find that on the waiver wire.

His boards, fg%, and blocks are all elite for the sf position and are helping you get ahead in 3 of 9 categories.

That alone makes him one of the most unique fantasy players and a guy that puts you over the top vs. other teams.

Position scarce stats are the key.

I can only speak for myself about my frustration on Terrence Jones, I've tried owning him for 3 seasons and I could never get a full season off him.. Have him in a 10-team, and I just have to hold. In that league, there's only 4 playoff spots so if a player like him gets injured post ASB with no timetable, then I'd have no choice but to cut him..

But we are like 5 games in and all of these flashes in the pan like WCS and Stauskas will come and go all season long

Not gonna get into the argument. If you can't see why T Jones is good, I can't persuade anyone of that. Dropping a 7th rounder is a little silly though, especially in the second week, but whatever--wire must be good I guess. Not gonna judge anyone's fantasy team or what's best for him/her; TBH, it's not really fair for any of us to throw ad hominem attacks even when we think someone's (egregiously) wrong.

Speaking of depth, I do gotta say that I really like Capela. The guy is so active and energetic--y'all see the play where he swatted a shot, then ran the length of the court and had the putback dunk on the fastbreak miss? D12 can take his time. As for T Jones, I can't see him ceding time to anyone really. I mean, D-Mo impressed me last year, but T Jones' versatility on both offense and defense are just things the Rockets can't replace.

I'm more than happy to wait on T Jones for next week (luckily, I'm dominating tonight's matchup so I don't need him for the weekend). The problem is just his injury history. As Tongs has stated, he's always hurt and in the weird ways without timetables, so it's a bit scary to hold him when you're in a tough matchup or in the fantasy playoffs and you need him to stay healthy.

Guy's clearly kind of idiotic..sorry to resort to that, but I don't know what else to say. Dropping Jones for Staukas/WCS types. And got the nerves to call us out. He didn't tear his ACL dude, he had freak injury in his eye, and will most likely be back sometimes this week.

And i dunno what kind of league your in, where you can just magically find "7th rounders" on the wire. Can you shoot me an invite for next yr? I would love to feast if there other LMs making ridiculous drops like this. Maybe you been getting called back every yr these past 10 yrs cause the other LMs know that's free money for the season....

Ingrown toenail 10-1

Scorpion bite 80-1

Staph infection 20-1

Perforated eardrum 50-1

Sprained ankle and concussion from falling in bathtub 60-1

All of the above during 2015-16 season 200-1

Taking your bets now...

Sad thing is while this is funny....its also very possible....

Screen-Shot-2014-02-28-at-5.01.01-PM.png

for the record, jones will never avg 15 pts / 1 stl /1 3pts like some of ya'll are dreaming about. the guy has never even avg more than 13 pts in a single season, so now that they added lawson all of a sudden his pts will shoot up? stop drinking your cool aid kids.

the guy isn't trash but he isn't an elite fantasy player either. i don't have any issues dropping a low upside 7th rounder for someone i really need. fyi, stein might not produce top 75 but at 22 mins i'm not complaining with 7/7/1/1.3 production. at 25 mins 8/8/1/1.5 is very possible.

Ingrown toenail 10-1

Scorpion bite 80-1

Staph infection 20-1

Perforated eardrum 50-1

Sprained ankle and concussion from falling in bathtub 60-1

All of the above during 2015-16 season 200-1

Taking your bets now...

Sad thing is while this is funny....its also very possible....
Hehe yeah, obviously just having a bit of fun - love T Jones and hopefully he turns this injury curse around and rewards all owners for their patience!

for the record, jones will never avg 15 pts / 1 stl /1 3pts like some of ya'll are dreaming about. the guy has never even avg more than 13 pts in a single season, so now that they added lawson all of a sudden his pts will shoot up? stop drinking your cool aid kids.

the guy isn't trash but he isn't an elite fantasy player either. i don't have any issues dropping a low upside 7th rounder for someone i really need. fyi, stein might not produce top 75 but at 22 mins i'm not complaining with 7/7/1/1.3 production. at 25 mins 8/8/1/1.5 is very possible.

Not sure why you keep saying low upside 7th rounder after my previous post stating that he was #68 (6th round) last year. He has a tremendously fantasy-friendly game, and I'd say he's pretty much a lock for top 50 with top 30 upside if he stays healthy. Interestingly, BBM also seems to agree with me regarding his potential - his projections for 2015-2016 is set at #40 overall.

FYI, his minutes were significantly nerfed last season due to injuries. I feel like I might as well hand you a plate of crows right now... :o

Not sure why you keep saying low upside 7th rounder after my previous post stating that he was #68 (6th round) last year. He has a tremendously fantasy-friendly game, and I'd say he's pretty much a lock for top 50 with top 30 upside if he stays healthy. Interestingly, BBM also seems to agree with me regarding his potential - his projections for 2015-2016 is set at #40 overall.

FYI, his minutes were significantly nerfed last season due to injuries. I feel like I might as well hand you a plate of crows right now... :o

I am piggy-backing.

Low upside seems like the opposite term to use in regards to T Jones.

12 pages for run-of-the-mill-low-upside-blue-collar-PF?

Dude is basically just Sylvester from Looney Toons. His next injury will probably be from stepping on a loose hardwood plank and getting hit in the god damn face.