Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maxko6120

TEAM NAMES?

Why would you name your team after something that kicked your a**? That's like naming your team - 3rd Grade Bully. Makes no sense. But, to each, his own.

That's the whole point of it. The only thing to have ever defeated me is an inanimate object.

I can't be defeated by teams/people/etc, only myself...

Basically a way to keep me humble, plus after all of this time I don't think anybody would recognize me with a different team name.

A good team name that my brother had a few years back was "Shakira's Bike Seat"....

I'm sure you could enter whatever girl happens to be the flavor of the month for that one...

not a lot of creativity other than "honey nut ichiros" and the "frank cattle 'n auto"

I'll go with my good to fair fantasy names:

Good:

Ratatulowitzki

LiveFreeOrDieHardy

TheGrieseItalian(NFL)

SoHotItByrnes

Tejadaptimus Prime

HustonStreetsOfRage2

BasketballAddairies (NFL)

MarshawnOfTheDead (NFL)

MercuryGrandMarques (NFL)

Fair:

KeepItOnTheDownLowe

ColorMeVlad

JeffDontCallMeFrancis

A little better then some of the nonsense i've seen up there

Hidden
This year I'm having a bit of an issue trying to "twist" a current event into a Team name.

How bout something like "Heath Ledger's Pill Bottle" or something like that.

Also, Cleveland Steamers is a classic

Hidden

That's not in good humor

Guest ciderjack6
The Price is Wright

Caveat. I find these team names that are plays on an athlete's name, are very cheesy and lame.

So I thought I would come up with something as cheesy as possible.

I tend to like my team names after something outside of baseball, especially if it's timely and/or offensive.

Agreed 100%.

who cares

I don't know who cares or not, but it's still not cool man.

y do u think that names that are plays on athletes name are cheesy? they creative, original and funny.

anyone who thinks they are lame is just too uncreative to come up with one. its sad people have to come up with stuff like that heath edger name and other dumb offensive names. just shows how uneducated and uncreative some people are.

i liked that 'double stuff orioles' one a lot

y do u think that names that are plays on athletes name are cheesy? they creative, original and funny.

anyone who thinks they are lame is just too uncreative to come up with one. its sad people have to come up with stuff like that heath edger name and other dumb offensive names. just shows how uneducated and uncreative some people are.

i liked that 'double stuff orioles' one a lot

Things that make you go hmmmm B)

Do I see a mancrush Gonzo? Lmao

Death Before Defeat is pretty awesome too B) .

I dont know about funniest team name but I sure know what the dumbest rotoworld name is.....its definitely MustacheToes by a landslide !!!!

Ray=Owned X2! B)

Also a friendly reminder that we have a Code of Conduct here, so lets keep these names clean and in accordance with that.

My team names so far...

MLB Police Barracks (where else are we gonna keep all MLB's dirty laundry)

No Soup for You

The Milledge Idiots

The Milledge People? Is that a play on that? I wasn't around when they were around so I'm not sure.

The Loney Tunes

im in an AL only league and cant have shane victorino so i decided to have a name with him and the name is V for Victorino and in my sig i have the quote at the beginning of V for Vendetta where V says all of the words and then "you can call me V" and i changed that to you can call me Victorino...kinda cheesy but yea.