Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mulhollandvelvet

Trade Gobert + Covington for Kawhi in 9cat? 100% WHIP

Gobert is your only true Center, so I wouldn't. Especially in 1 20 Team League, youwould have to add someone and there might not be much value on the FA wire.

As the above said, you're giving too much I believe in a 20 teamer. Covington is a bit of a question mark but if he gets healthy (probably for tonight) and gets going he will produce at least top 70.

I think Kawhi would give you more points and 3s (they are pretty equal in the defensive stats).

But based on your lineup, I think you'd be better off keeping Gobert since you already have Batum (and Tony Allen).

If you trade Gobert, you would be left with Len and Ed Davis.

Thanks for replying. http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=560156

Thanks for all the replies. I guess my thinking is just this being a keeper league Kawhi's ceiling is kind of unknown and Gobert really is only ever going to be a three cat guy. Covington isn't a keeper for me since I can only keep three. I guess the downside is having to start Ed Davis at 5. Part of me is just like Kawhi is my favorite player to watch so I'm just torn. At least you guys don't think it is totally crazy.

I'd have to agree that you need to keep Gobert in the 20 team league. Kawhi is very tempting because I feel he will finish top 5 on the season, but Gobert is more valuable to you IMO

Thanks for mine

Tough call because you're in such a big league. Still, I'm crazy enough to make that trade haha. The conservative stance would be to just hold, gobert gives you those big man stats and cov,when healthy, should produce nicely for you.

But if kawhi was dangled in front of me I'd probably cave haha

I was not a Gobert fan coming into this season, but I like the way he has played and he just keeps doing what he does best PLUS he is making his FT this year which is a giant bonus. Covington will be a great F when healthy and has lots of value in a 20-teamer. I love Leonard's complete game but his stats are being padded by his crazy minutes. I can promise Pops will "prepare" him for the playoffs later in the season and this will happen sooner than later. Hold.

If you make the trade then you need to deal TJones and alter your team build to punt blocks. I would try to line up a TJones deal before dealing away Gobert. I would expect Gobert and Kawhi will have some hit or miss games over the next week or two so I wouldn't feel to much pressure to do the deal ASAP.