FouLLine

Bobby Bradley - 1B CLE

6 home runs in his last 8 games. 11 total home runs in May. Maybe see what this guy can do at the next level?

He is tearing it up right now especially against lefties. He is hitting .361 with 7 homers and a 1.201 OPS against southpaws.

Edited by Osu1456

Couldn't be any worse than 2/3 of the Indians' lineup.  He may not hit for a great average in the majors because of all of the K's, but their lineup is embarrassing, so they definitely could use the power boost.

Just make either him or Santana the DH, or just switch them off and on.  He's already on the 40 man roster too, so that's not an issue.

another 2 HRs giving him 20 on the year. How much longer must Cleveland wait before giving this guy a chance?

RigidHandsomeArrowcrab-size_restricted.g

The Indians' offense is so good they don't need him.  They scored 13 runs last night and you think they need more!?

😉 In all seriousness, I'm not sure why there hasn't even been any buzz from Cleveland about a potential call-up at some point.  Their offense continues to be awful overall, and it's not like they can't just DH either him or Santana and leave Bauers out in a corner OF spot if they want to continue to play him regularly.  Obviously there's talent there since you don't hit for the cycle by accident, and Mercado has his spot in the OF locked up (whichever spot he would end up in), but there's nobody for the third OF spot that has done anything to warrant everyday ABs.  Split that all between Luplow and Martin and then either DH Bradley or Santana (or have them flip flop from time to time).

11 hours ago, Osu1456 said:

another 2 HRs giving him 20 on the year. How much longer must Cleveland wait before giving this guy a chance?

RigidHandsomeArrowcrab-size_restricted.g

No s--- !! I’m steaming 

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the team is concerned about his K-rate, which has actually gone up this season.  Still, the person who wrote the article expects him to be up sometime in July.

I'll post the link to the article as the forum here messes it up if I copy and paste it (either the font is huge or it formats it horribly wrong)...

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/06/cleveland-indians-talkin-trevor-bauer-clint-frazier-bobby-bradley-terry-pluto.html?src=rss&bcmt=1

• Like 1

another 2 home runs today for good measure. 4 multi home run games. He leads the minors in total bases with 153.

CALL HIM UP CLEVELAND!!!

Can't they give this guy a shot already?

2 more homers on Thursday, up to 24 on the season. He has 9 homers in June alone.

There's definite swing and miss concerns but he's made enough contact to hit .295 on the year (and over .300 since May 1).

His OPS is 1.004 on the year.

• Like 1

With his high k rate, is heat least a .250-.260 hitter in the majors? I’d take that if the power translates.

8 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

With his high k rate, is heat least a .250-.260 hitter in the majors? I’d take that if the power translates.

Its definitely possible. I honestly think he will hit for a lower average than that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see .260 from him. No denying when he makes contact though, that swing is pretty.

T4f7wy135kmhUH0r.mp4?tag=10

1 minute ago, Osu1456 said:

Its definitely possible. I honestly think he will hit for a lower average than that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see .260 from him. No denying when he makes contact though, that swing is pretty.

T4f7wy135kmhUH0r.mp4?tag=10

So realistic upside...muncy?

9 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

So realistic upside...muncy?

I'm thinking Matt Olson, but yea Muncy is a good comp.

I definitely don't see him hitting for his current average in the majors, but even if he hit can hit .240-.250, he'll be valuable if he's able to tap into his power. As BA wrote last week in a free story:

Bradley has maintained a pretty straightforward profile since his early days in the Indians' system. He brings gigantic raw power, but it comes at the expense of a strikeout rate that pushes into the red flag territory, though he walks enough that he's not just a feast-or-famine hitter. Sometimes, the outcome is a 4-A player, but if Bradley can make adjustments to get a little better plate coverage, the power upside is there for a 40-homer masher. (BB)

He's close to getting the call. It's looking like Sunday at the earliest.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

He's close to getting the call. It's looking like Sunday at the earliest.

Way to not put the link up again... 😉  http://s.cleveland.com/GfCq3Hg

A second thanks though from me.  While he could be a liability in batting average, this could still be fun. Just scooped him up in my league.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

What’s a good player comp for him?

Matt Olson, or best case scenario maybe Max Muncy.

I can't take credit for either as I'm just copying what two other people have said, but still, they are pretty good comparisons.  Consider me giving the thumbs up to both of those then, especially since you were one of those people oddly enough. 😀

Edited by KilloWertz

Does he have reverse splits?

43 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Does he have reverse splits?

He's hitting .319 with a 1.046 OPS against lefties this year. Both numbers are higher than his platoon splits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Definitely don’t see him hitting .290 BA, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him post a .260 BA (give or take 10 points)

If he can post a .260 BA, I will be stoked. Anything higher than that will just be a cherry on the top.

if he stays up the rest of the season (assuming he hits .250 BA or better), could be looking like a 12 HR, 30-35 RBI kind of guy. 

Feels like he could be a shoe-in to hit out of the 6 spot in the lineup as well, behind guys like Lindor, Santana and Ramirez.