Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirty Little Birdie

2016 Top Impact Prospects

Hader is a guy to watch this season. Outside of the obvious pitchers, he's probably in the next tier of guys and will probably get a shot this year. Velcoity was up in afl. Reminds some of Chris sale , body and motion wise anyway.

Who are your top NON pitchers AL only to come up and make an impact in Sept of this year or will come up and stay at some point during the 2017 or 18 season? Again I'm not looking for pitchers and can be any position other than catcher.

Who are your top NON pitchers AL only to come up and make an impact in Sept of this year or will come up and stay at some point during the 2017 or 18 season? Again I'm not looking for pitchers and can be any position other than catcher.

Reed and Mazara

Reed and Mazara

I think both would be up and impacting before September. But maybe the original poster just meant this year sometime and phrased it weird in which case I concur.

I think Andersons injury will open the door for De Leon.

he will probably get 1st crack over urias... unless urias is just shoving which is possible

The door opens slightly but they are still behind McCarthy and maybe even Beachy. Bolsinger probably takes Andersons spot

De Leon and Urias will more than likely (98%) start the season in the minor leagues.

Yeah for sure. The Dodgers aren't going to give away a year of control over these guys when they can throw in their "depth" guys for the first month or two instead.

Probably should have been more clear. Opens the door for De Leon some point this season. I think we see him sooner than later though.

Probably should have been more clear. Opens the door for De Leon some point this season. I think we see him sooner than later though.

i got what you were getting at... dont think that anyone thought urias/deloan would break camp

I wouldn't write Singleton off just yet. It is way too early to call him a quad A player. In 2014 at the age of 22 he received regular playing time. He definitely struggled but still managed to club 13 bombs and continued to draw a lot of walks in 361 at bats. Last year his playing time was limited to 47 at bats and never really got a chance. He still drew 10 walks in 58 plate appearances. He had minor league options and Carter did not. Carter is gone and with a decent spring Singleton will have his opportunity. Everyone assumes that Reed will push Singleton out, but with power and patience, and a little bit of major league experience, Singleton may be ready to break out.

Tyler White is one year older than Singleton and has 259 plate appearances in AAA, Singleton has 981 plate appearances in AAA.

Tyler White is a new and shiny toy as he is just getting recognition, and Singleton, who is one year younger is called a Quad A. I call him a post hype sleeper. Singleton's AAA line for 2015 was .254/.359/.505, which isn't quite chopped liver, particularly when you consider his rhythm was interrupted by promotions where he received little playing time.

I just wanted to point out the folly of my own post. Thank god I grabbed Tyler White 5 of my 6 dynasties.

Smith just called up. Anyone want to take a guess who is next. It is week one and the prospects are starting to appear already!

Smith just called up. Anyone want to take a guess who is next. It is week one and the prospects are starting to appear already!

Kepler and Mazara were also called up, Mazara seemingly having the most opportunity.

So, with Berrios and Manaea being called up, who are the next good stashes?

I'm currently stashing A.J. Reed myself since the beginning of April, expect him to be up after super 2, right?

Giolito and Glasnow. I've been reading about Taillon (PIT) as well and he seems solid. Accoring to the Glasnow thread on this forum, it sounds like Taillon could be up before Glasnow.

What about pitchers beyond glasnow, urias, and giolito?

I'm lookin at hader and musgrove right now, but both feel like they carry a little more risk. Hader has thrown a ton of pitches by the fifth inning on multiple occasions and musgrove may not have the K rate upside he is showing right now. Thoughts?

If the Reds are active at the trade deadline with BP and/or Bruce, we could see Jesse Winker and/or Jose Peraza fairly soon.

I think daniel norris will get a shot soon in detroit . If he falters at AAA fulmer will get the chance instead. Tigers are struggling so I would imagine this will go down soon. Stash fulmer now.

Snell is probably worth a stash too, despite already being up.

its funny how once berrios got called up all the top sp prospect got added within a day (if they werent already stashed) glasnow giolito taillion snell

If the Reds are active at the trade deadline with BP and/or Bruce, we could see Jesse Winker and/or Jose Peraza fairly soon.

For context, are you considering the trade deadline "fairly soon"?