Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Bold Predictions for Week 16 (2015)

If I was in 4 finals, I don't think I'd even want to watch...LOL.

/fantasytorture

Can anyone explain why this thread that talks about fantasy football was moved from the Fantasy Football Talk forum--you know, the one that already contains a thread called 2015 Season Bold Predictions Thread--in a way that distinguishes why bold predictions for a season are Fantasy Football Talk, and bold predictions for a week are Assistant Coach Help?

No? I thought not. So someone can get themselves on the task of correcting the error and moving this back where I put it in the first place--where it belongs.

Chop chop.

In the meantime...

Kellen Moore will have one of the three best fantasy performances by a Cowboys' QB this season. (The previous three best were 23.64 points by Matt Cassel in Week 9, 22.14 points by Tony Romo in Week 1, and 14.34 points by Brandon Weeden in Week 4.)

Teddy Bridgewater will be a top 5 fantasy QB in Week 16.

There will be at least 5 combined interceptions in the Houston @ Tennessee game (assuming Brian Hoyer is out).

Karlos Williams will gain over 100 combined yards and two TDs for Buffalo against Dallas.

Steven Jackson will have more fantasy points for the Patriots against the Jets than Chris Ivory will have for the Jets against the Patriots.

Matt Jones will have a TD of at least 40 yards for Washington against Philadelphia.

Todd Gurley will be held to 8 standard fantasy points or less for St. Louis against Seattle.

Jeremy Maclin will score two TDs for Kansas City against Cleveland.

Doug Baldwin will not score a TD in Week 16.

Greg Olsen will have more fantasy points for the Panthers against the Falcons than Julio Jones will have for the Falcons against the Panthers.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins will score two TDs for Tampa Bay against Chicago.

Let's hear some of yours...

I figured Matt Jones would play through the hip thing, but I guess not. None of the other Redskins' RBs are shifty enough to make a 40 yard TD happen--even against the Eagles.

Bold Prediction: I will miss out on watching Championship week because of the girlfriend.

I'm in 5 leagues and have made it to the Finals in 4 of them.

Last year, every Sunday was a pain in the butt to even get a chance to watch football. "We could be spending this time doing something together, but you're just sitting there in front of the TV. (Even though I make it a priority to make Saturday "Her day" because I dont want her barking at me for Sunday........doesn't matter to her if I take her on a date on Saturday nite...the very next day she acts like nothing happened

This year, it's gotten better, but seriously of all weeks. She decides to start bitching on Championship week? "You're taking this opportunity for granted blah blah blah"

lol

/rant

Bold prediction:

Option 1: Dump your GF before gametime and you'll win all 4 of your leagues.

Option 2: Stay with her, give up your championship Sunday, lose all 4 matchups, marry her, be miserable for 10 years, divorce

Go with option 1...

Can anyone explain why this thread that talks about fantasy football was moved from the Fantasy Football Talk forum--you know, the one that already contains a thread called 2015 Season Bold Predictions Thread--in a way that distinguishes why bold predictions for a season are Fantasy Football Talk, and bold predictions for a week are Assistant Coach Help?

No? I thought not. So someone can get themselves on the task of correcting the error and moving this back where I put it in the first place--where it belongs.

Chop chop.

Still waiting...

Boy, you break a rule, and there are moderators coming out of the woodwork, but if THEY are the ones at fault...

::: crickets :::

Chop chop.

Still waiting...

Boy, you break a rule, and there are moderators coming out of the woodwork, but if THEY are the ones at fault...

They didn't break a rule. They decided your thread didn't belong in the main forum. Their call, not yours. No need for that constant complaining

Christine Michael will rush for 150 yards and 3 touchdowns. After the game he will walk to mid-field, get down on one knee, and ascend to heaven on a white stallion as the Fallen Savior Josh Gordon awaits him at the pearly gates.

Cmike with another epic fail week. No wonder why three teams gave up on him.

The Falcons treat their matchup with Carolina like their super bowl, and one chance to redeem themselves as a laughing stock, and decisively upset the Panthers. Julio, Ryan, Freeman go off.

Sad faced Cam pouts his way through post game interview.

Following weeks: Carolina rests guys next week, loses, and remain in an unsettling psychological funk, all as a result of the Atl upset. They then one-and-done themselves out of the playoffs.

Called one thing right this week. One thing.

Chop chop.

Still waiting...

They didn't break a rule. They decided your thread didn't belong in the main forum. Their call, not yours. No need for that constant complaining

I didn't say they broke a rule, I said they were the ones at fault--and they are (or at least one of them is). They are not being consistent with the "bold prediction" threads. There is one for the 2015 Season in the "Fantasy Football Talk" forum, and so that's where I placed THIS one for Week 16 of the 2015 season. Someone erroneously moved it to the "Assistant Coach Help" forum, and I am asking for that inconsistency to be rectified--either move this one back to where it frankly belongs, or move the other one in here.

Kellen Moore will have one of the three best fantasy performances by a Cowboys' QB this season. (The previous three best were 23.64 points by Matt Cassel in Week 9, 22.14 points by Tony Romo in Week 1, and 14.34 points by Brandon Weeden in Week 4.)

Nope.

Nope.

There will be at least 5 combined interceptions in the Houston @ Tennessee game (assuming Brian Hoyer is out).

Nope.

Karlos Williams will gain over 100 combined yards and two TDs for Buffalo against Dallas.

Nope.

Steven Jackson will have more fantasy points for the Patriots against the Jets than Chris Ivory will have for the Jets against the Patriots.

Nope.

Matt Jones will have a TD of at least 40 yards for Washington against Philadelphia.

Nope.

Todd Gurley will be held to 8 standard fantasy points or less for St. Louis against Seattle.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Greg Olsen will have more fantasy points for the Panthers against the Falcons than Julio Jones will have for the Falcons against the Panthers.

Um, not even close.

Nope.

Wow! I got 100%...

...wrong.

Chop chop.

Still waiting...

I didn't say they broke a rule, I said they were the ones at fault--and they are (or at least one of them is). They are not being consistent with the "bold prediction" threads. There is one for the 2015 Season in the "Fantasy Football Talk" forum, and so that's where I placed THIS one for Week 16 of the 2015 season. Someone erroneously moved it to the "Assistant Coach Help" forum, and I am asking for that inconsistency to be rectified--either move this one back to where it frankly belongs, or move the other one in here.

Not how it works. I get your point, but just because a thread fits the theme of something else posted in FFTalk doesn't mean it belongs there.

Look, I agree that they shouldn't automatically move anything that doesn't fit the status quo, it's kinda crazy, but that's the way it is. No "error" was made. You just don't like the decision that was made.

the cowboys will win the super bowl. Good day all

Well I'm late on this one so I'll lay a few out for the Cinci-Denver game.

1. Cinci's defense/special teams will account for more than half of their points in this game.

2. Ronnie Hillman rushes 25 times for 120 yards and a score.

3. Mohamed Sanu throws a 90 yard TD to AJ Green

4. Broncos win 24-20

Brock plays poorly tonight, and Denver starts Peyton Manning and he leads them to a win.

the cowboys will win the super bowl. Good day all

Only to lose it to the Jets

Not how it works. I get your point, but just because a thread fits the theme of something else posted in FFTalk doesn't mean it belongs there.

Look, I agree that they shouldn't automatically move anything that doesn't fit the status quo, it's kinda crazy, but that's the way it is. No "error" was made. You just don't like the decision that was made.

I don't like the decision that was made, because it is inconsistent with the decision to leave the Bold Predictions for the 2015 Season thread in the Fantasy Football Talk forum. Therein lies the error.

Well I'm late on this one so I'll lay a few out for the Cinci-Denver game.

3. Mohamed Sanu throws a 90 yard TD to AJ Green

Ooo... that's a good one!

I don't like the decision that was made, because it is inconsistent with the decision to leave the Bold Predictions for the 2015 Season thread in the Fantasy Football Talk forum. Therein lies the error.

Not inconsistent in the least. They just don't leave single week threads in the main forum except waiver threads. What I don't get is why not just merge this with the season long one.

But by the logic of your argument, you should be able to start a "Todd Gurley Week 16 Outlook" which is ludicrous. I agree with you that the mods go way over the top with removing anything that doesn't fit the normal status quo but this one is consistent with their normal rulings

What I don't get is why not just merge this with the season long one.

But by the logic of your argument, you should be able to start a "Todd Gurley Week 16 Outlook" which is ludicrous.

Agreed--it SHOULD have been merged with the season-long one--and I wouldn't have started a thread just for Week 16 if I had known at the time that the season-long one existed. I only found out about it when I searched for "bold predictions" after not finding my Week 16 thread where I had left it.

And if it was merged with the season-long thread, then it would still be in the Fantasy Football Talk forum where it belongs, now wouldn't it...

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Um, not even close.

Nope.

Wow! I got 100%...

...wrong.

Tough week, bruh.......

Well, they WERE "bold" predictions... but yeah, it would have been nice to hit one or two of them! lol

Several were close... Gurley was doing next to nothing til he got his TD. ASJ got a 60 yard TD, so that's about as good as two 1-yard TDs. Maclin got 1 of the 2 TDs, as did Karlos Williams (who also got 97 of the 100 yards I called for him).

But yeah, whiff...

I see nothing about this post that is remotely assistant coach related. No one is posting their lineups or asking advice. Once again, big brother moderators and overkill.