Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

afl5013

David Johnson or Thomas Rawls in a keeper league? WHIR

Already keeping Le'veon Bell and Julio Jones, so who should be my 3rd keeper? I know a lot can change before the season, but I'm bored and want to get an idea of the consensus. Obviously if CJ2k or Lynch come back, it'll be much easier of a choice.

David Johnson (assuming he's the starting RB and Chris Johnson signs elsewhere)

or

Thomas Rawls (assuming Lynch retires)

Also, would it be worth it to trade one of these guys and a high pick to get Gurley, or just stay put? Thanks!

I really like Rawls. Lynch is all but gone, and Rawls won't have any competition to start. David Johnson is a great player too, but I think arizona keeps CJ2K for at least one more year. If the pick wasn't too high I would try and trade for Gurley - Rawls will be a stud and shouldn't be that far off gurleys numbers. At least not far enough, to warrant also moving a high pick.

Thanks for your help with mine

Would the other owner possible have weak keepers outside of Gurley? You could maybe try trading him Johnskn and Rawls and probably a pick for Gurley. Then you'd be set with Gurley, Julio and Bell for not a crazy high price.

Otherwise it's a waiting game to see what happens. I would for sure consider shopping around both of those guys and see how much someone watches them. I'd rather have a definite stud then a first year breakout player

DJ gets my vote. Big fan of his, the dude is a beast. Scores TD's like a mad man. I'm drafting him 5th overall next year in fantasy.

Would the other owner possible have weak keepers outside of Gurley? You could maybe try trading him Johnskn and Rawls and probably a pick for Gurley. Then you'd be set with Gurley, Julio and Bell for not a crazy high price.

Otherwise it's a waiting game to see what happens. I would for sure consider shopping around both of those guys and see how much someone watches them. I'd rather have a definite stud then a first year breakout player

Unfortunately, trading is locked until the keepers are selected. The stacked teams at the end of the year would stockpile draft picks by getting rid of their 4th or 5th keeper-worthy players and the draft wouldn't be as fair, or so they say. I never had a problem with it. :)

Thanks the responses guys! Never too early to talk a little fantasy. I'm leaning towards DJ if cJ2k moves on, but Rawls if he comes back to ARI.

I really wouldn't worry that much about old man CJ. You're picking a guy that you want to be a top tier stud for a decade.

Personally, I think DJ is the superior talent and doesn't have a mobile qb to compete with....but you really can't go wrong whatever u decide.

Great job acquiring this roster, man

I have both in a keeper. I think Rawls is the easy choice. Clear cut #1 on a run first Offense. DJ will be a 1st rounder in 2017

Pretty easy choice for me DJ. Rawls lasted only four games as a starter and Seattle oline has issues.

I have both in a keeper. I think Rawls is the easy choice. Clear cut #1 on a run first Offense. DJ will be a 1st rounder in 2017

2016 he'll go in the first round in drafts, and i'm gonna be one of those owners who selects DJ

Wasn't expecting to get this much feedback in the offseason, but thanks guys!

I'm thinking it's going to come down to whether or not CJ2K resigns with ARI, but we'll have to see how the rest of the offseason shakes out.

would it be worth it to trade one of these guys and a high pick to get Gurley

I would do that.

Difficult question.

Objectively speaking, Johnson has very few weaknesses in his game and his offensive line has a lot of depth and continuity. DJ is also the best pass-catching back i have seen in a long time, and he comfortably eludes linebackers and even safeties. He has that Marshall Faulk-type game. He could conceivably hit 800+ receiving yards. I'd even go as far as to say that he is the future of their franchise.

Rawls looks promising, but he runs a little too recklessly. Might not be able to play a full season. DJ has a stronger build and safer running style. In any case, Rawls will always be second fiddle to Russell Wilson, who keeps improving as a passer and will eventually run that offense through his arm. Palmer, on the other hand, is getting old and might not last long. Which team is more likely to be run-heavy?

Do you have to decide now? Find a new league if you do.

As it stands I would take Rawls now that Lynch is out of the equation. Johnson still has CJ2K and to a lesser extent Ellington to deal with, at least for the moment. There's nobody to take touches from Rawls as he can run, catch and block. I think even if Johnson didn't have CJ2K and Ellington on the roster I would still take Rawls although I may be a bit biased. I drafted Rawls in year one of my Dynasty League this year and had picked him up in my keeper league BEFORE Lynch was even injured... and am keeping him over some big names like Jamaal Charles, Cam Newton, Amari Cooper, Chris Ivory, Mike Evans, Dion Lewis and on and on. I really like Rawls and believe he is a first rounder, unlike most people.

Dynasty is a long game. Even if CJ?K is back next year DJ will 65-75% of the action and you saw what he did with that last year. AZ is more explosive than SEA. I like DJ over Rawls.