Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bengalo

Russell or Jokic? WHIR

I could use Russell's assists and steals, should I drop Jokic for him? I might have enough bigs with Towns, Vucevic, Millsap, Harris and Turner.

Rest of my team: Lillard, Irving, Teague, Reggie, Crowder, Kawhi, Durant so there seem to be no other drops than Jokic.

If no po, Russel has been unleash so I roll the dice on him just bc he can get consistent minutes from now on where as Jokic is playing with dice everygame

Well, depends on your PO schedule--for many standards, the Lakers' schedule sucks, which is why most posters write off guys like Russell and Clarkson. However, in both my leagues, the PO is extended to the end of the regular season, giving the Lakers six games in the final week (the fantasy finals). So consider that firstly.

If you've got a standard PO schedule, the Nuggets have a much better schedule than the Lakers do.

However, in a vacuum (ignoring PO schedule and need), I'd take Russell over Jokic. He's got more consistent fantasy value and outlook, whereas Jokic--despite his upside--does have a number of factors going against him, including other big men in DEN (yes, Nurk is DNP and Gallo is out) as well as the Nuggets propensity to go small-ball.