They are both great QB's to me. Regardless of Belichek's system, Brady can make all the throws accurately and that's hard to find in a QB.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

HeKlEhr.png

I don't know if you can read but I said passing offense, not total offense.

2007 Brady, 398 completions, 578 attempts, 68.9 comp %, 4,806 yards, 50 TD, 8.7 TD%, 8INT, 6.3TD/INT, 117.2 QB Rating, 88.2 QBR (Best ever recorded)

2013 Manning- 450 completions, 659 attempts, 68.3 comp %, 5,477 yards, 55TD, 8.3TD%, 10INT, 5.5TD/INT, 115.1 QB Rating, 82.2QBR (8th best ever recorded)

The only categories Manning beat Brady in are 100% volume dependent. Manning's 659 attempts in 2013 are 9th most all time. Brady's 578 attempts in 2007? 88th all time.

6 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

Think anyone who says Brady would suck without Belichick, or the other way around, doesn't get it.

Here are the facts:

- Pre-Brady, Belichick was nowhere close to being the coaching genius he is today, and definitely NOT one of the greatest coaches of all time. 

- Pre-Belichick, Brady was draft pick #199, and definitely NOT one of the greatest QBs of all time.

What we know is that it was an average coach coupling with an average QB, and them clicking, to turn into something great. You don't get to take points from either's legacy because of the presence of the other, cause we just don't know. So stop trying.

They're both great, arguably the greatest at their positions.

If tom brady went to the texans next year they would probably win it all. if belicheck started jimmy G though would at least win 10-11 games.

The only thing that Belichick has an tarnished rep is the "spygate"

When patriots went 16-0 belichick got caught using cameras on the opponents side so he could see their plays

Belichick played a very big part in the Giants winning 2 Super Bowls ('86 and '90) while defensive coordinator and while he made some mistakes as head coach for the Browns, he had begun to turn things around.

11-5 during the '94 season, giving up 12.4 points per game (1st in the league) and winning their 1st postseason game in 5 years. They were favorites by some to reach the Super Bowl the following year. After it was announced the franchise would be leaving CLE, the team began to fall apart.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Manning: 5x NFL MVP

Brady: 2x NFL MVP

Manning: 7x First-Team All-Pro

Brady: 2x First-Team All-Pro

Manning: 3x Second-Team All-Pro

Brady: 1x Second-Team All-Pro

All regular season awards. No one is calling Brady a better regular season QB...although he is closing that gap.

46 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

I dont think Belichick gets enough credit. I mean this guy leads team with guys like Matt Cassel. Smh

The same Cassel who won a division title and made the Pro Bowl in KC after leaving NE?

• Like 1

Jimmy Garopppolo and Jacoby Brissett threw a combined 118 passes in 4 games this season.

They threw zero interceptions. 118 passes with zero interceptions. Brady finished up the season...and collectively set a new record for fewest interceptions as a team. 

Pretty incredible team effort. 

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Manning: 5x NFL MVP

Brady: 2x NFL MVP

Manning: 7x First-Team All-Pro

Brady: 2x First-Team All-Pro

Manning: 3x Second-Team All-Pro

Brady: 1x Second-Team All-Pro

Favre: 3x NFL MVP, 3x First-Team All-Pro, 3x Second-Team All-Pro

With that logic, Favre is better than Brady right? :D

13 hours ago, footballpimp said:

I don't know if you can read but I said passing offense, not total offense.

2007 Brady, 398 completions, 578 attempts, 68.9 comp %, 4,806 yards, 50 TD, 8.7 TD%, 8INT, 6.3TD/INT, 117.2 QB Rating, 88.2 QBR (Best ever recorded)

2013 Manning- 450 completions, 659 attempts, 68.3 comp %, 5,477 yards, 55TD, 8.3TD%, 10INT, 5.5TD/INT, 115.1 QB Rating, 82.2QBR (8th best ever recorded)

The only categories Manning beat Brady in are 100% volume dependent. Manning's 659 attempts in 2013 are 9th most all time. Brady's 578 attempts in 2007? 88th all time.

Lol Manning holds the single season passing yardage record too.  

Brady had Moss that year carrying him, Peyton Manning did it with DT.  Randy Moss is in a different stratosphere than anyone Manning had in '13. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tenner said:

Jimmy Garopppolo and Jacoby Brissett threw a combined 118 passes in 4 games this season.

They threw zero interceptions. 118 passes with zero interceptions. Brady finished up the season...and collectively set a new record for fewest interceptions as a team. 

Pretty incredible team effort. 

It's almost like they're cheating. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, footballpimp said:

Favre: 3x NFL MVP, 3x First-Team All-Pro, 3x Second-Team All-Pro

With that logic, Favre is better than Brady right? :D

I mean one can argue that the people who write/report about the players all season long are usually the best to evaluate them and pick a consensus MVP vs pure team fans.  So  does a team winning a super bowl trump the weekly efforts of what a player does for 17 games?

Was Eli the better Qb because his team beat Brady 2x in the Superbowl?  it's not like Brady has played lights out during the super bowl wins and losses  all of them have been decided  by  4pts or less

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Lol Manning holds the single season passing yardage record too.  

Brady had Moss that year carrying him, Peyton Manning did it with DT.  Randy Moss is in a different stratosphere than anyone Manning had in '13. 

Once again thats on volume. If Brady had the same number of attempts he would have the record by 2 yards.

Brady's top 5 weapons in 07 Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Ben Watson and Jabar Gaffney

Manning top 5 weapons in 13 DT, Julius Thomas, Eric Decker, Welker, and Moreno

I agree with you that Moss was a lot better than anyone Manning had in '13, but as a complete group its close. 2013 Broncos had a lot of depth.

58 minutes ago, footballpimp said:

Once again thats on volume.

Because Manning wasn't chucking deep balls to Moss constantly.  Nobody on his team had that level of talent to get open deep.

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Because Manning wasn't chucking deep balls to Moss constantly.  Nobody on his team had that level of talent to get open deep.

Actually it's cause of how New England runs their offense. They've never been one to throw the ball 200 times per game.

I'm not tryna be mean here but there was a noticeable difference in the two teams if you were watching football then. New England used to, and still does hand it off to their running backs quite often in red zone opportunities.

3 minutes ago, tebby said:

Actually it's cause of how New England runs their offense. They've never been one to throw the ball 200 times per game.

You don't really get to make this argument along with "The 2007 Patriots had the best passing offense of all time because of Tom Brady".

this thread.... smh. where's the gif where the guy's head explodes?

why does there have to be one greatest of all time? it's like trying to justify which color in the rainbow is the best... there's no right answer.

14 minutes ago, tebby said:

They've (The Patriots) never been one to throw the ball 200 times per game.

Since 2000, there have been 512 week 1 starting QBs in the NFL.

Since 2000, only 19 of those 512 QBs have had seasons with over 600 attempts.  Brady is one of them.

Since 2000, 19 of those QBs have had 43 seasons where they went over 600 attempts.  Brady is one of them. 

Prior to this suspension shortened year Brady had 600 attempts in 4 of the 5 seasons before.

Brady is 5th all time in attempts.

The Patriots throw the ball a lot.

7 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

this thread.... smh. where's the gif where the guy's head explodes?

why does there have to be one greatest of all time? it's like trying to justify which color in the rainbow is the best... there's no right answer.

It's the offseason. :)

Realistically, I wouldn't call either of them the GOAT.  I don't think you can really compare the QB's from the past 15 years to the era beforehand.  The rule changes have been pretty drastic.

• Like 1

Brady is the guy here for me and its not only the eye test / "it" factor when it matters most, but also the weather/field conditions/supporting casts that always favored Manning....

Brady had a couple meh games in those vs Giants super bowls when his offensive line couldn't give him any time, other than that he has been pretty/really clutch..

I've seen Manning fail numerous times when it mattered...   

Manning wasn't responsible for the super bowl win over the Bears, he wasnt responsible for the win over the Panthers, but he was pretty responsible for the loss to the Saints...

This is a good read and its a bit older so it doesn't even take into account Brady's current record breaking season..

http://www.footballnation.com/content/no-debate-facts-show-tom-brady-better-than-peyton-manning/31873/

Edited by General Gannicus