Brees will likely be an all time record holder for touchdowns, yards, and completion percentage. 

He also broke what was considered one of greatest and unbreakable records of all time across sports. Consecutive games with a TD pass at 54. 

Some arguments that are made for Brady>Manning can be used for Brees>Brady. Likewise, some of the arguments used to put Manning>Brady can be used to put Brees > Manning. 

If....really big if.....Brees win a MVP, another superbowl, and another superbowl MVP...this becomes very real..

• Like 1

Brees is never going to win another Super Bowl with the garbage team he's on. He's old af and plays in a tough division and has no defense at all. Three straight losing seasons is something that doesn't belong on the resume of an all-time great QB. Brees is a stat stuffer, plain and simple.

9 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Brees will likely be an all time record holder for touchdowns, yards, and completion percentage. 

He also broke what was considered one of greatest and unbreakable records of all time across sports. Consecutive games with a TD pass at 54. 

Some arguments that are made for Brady>Manning can be used for Brees>Brady. Likewise, some of the arguments used to put Manning>Brady can be used to put Brees > Manning. 

If....really big if.....Brees win a MVP, another superbowl, and another superbowl MVP...this becomes very real..

I think likely is way too strong a word for TD pass record. Still needs like 75.

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Big Ben when all is said and one will probably "make the cut" for this debate as well.

He's got the rings. Got the W's. And he's got the stats.

Not even close to GOAT territory...has fewer TD passes, yards, and SB MVPs than Eli with the same amount of rings and more regular season wins. 

5 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Brees is never going to win another Super Bowl with the garbage team he's on. He's old af and plays in a tough division and has no defense at all. Three straight losing seasons is something that doesn't belong on the resume of an all-time great QB. Brees is a stat stuffer, plain and simple.

Brees has played with historically bad defenses. That does get brought up....but still glossed over. In 2012...we had what many metrics say was the worst in NFL history. That same season we lost our head coach and assistant head coach. But, like you said...that was a 7-9 season. 

14 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Much of Brees' stats are superficial...like his consecutive TD pass game record when he'd be in against backup of blowout losses late to keep the record alive. 

When his great individual stats translate to team success (another ring), I agree he can be mentioned for GOAT consideration. But not before. His 5000 yard seasons are impressive, but only one of them was on a winning team. 

His lone ring was one of his least impressive statistical seasons...which says a lot (wasn't stat padding for losing teams that year). 

The year the Saints won the Super Bowl was the biggest luckbox season of all-time. Without bothering to look it up (it's honestly not that important to me) I can remember them having a completely unrealistic turnover margin that year. Like, way ahead of the next team behind them.

2 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

The year the Saints won the Super Bowl was the biggest luckbox season of all-time. Without bothering to look it up (it's honestly not that important to me) I can remember them having a completely unrealistic turnover margin that year. Like, way ahead of the next team behind them.

No team won a superbowl without the ball bouncing their way time to time. I think the Saints did lead in turnover margin. 

That was the only season our defense had a top 25 ranking in points, yards, and turnovers in the Brees era. That equated to a 13-3 record and outscoring the Colts 31-7 in the final 3 quarters to win the SB. 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

you got to be kidding --- Drew Brees is not in the same league as Brady & Peyton

good night

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

in all fairness the Pats never blew the doors off of any of their opponents scoring wise, it wasnt like brady put up 6 td's in a game and crushed it. I think 3 of the 4 were decided by  3 pts and bonehead carrol gift wrapped the last one to them with a pass on the goal line.

I clearly remember the 1st sb  Brady won and that game was the defense shutting down the greatest show on turf and my father bet big on the Pats and won. 

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

you got to be kidding --- Drew Brees is not in the same league as Brady & Peyton

good night

I don't think it's intrusive to tack him onto the back end of this convo. I'm not even saying that he should be ranked above either. His book is still being written. Who knows what will happen in the final chapter 

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

I don't think it's intrusive to tack him onto the back end of this convo. I'm not even saying that he should be ranked above either. His book is still being written. Who knows what will happen in the final chapter 

it is downright stupid to put Brees name into this convo ...

stop

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

division wins

Love this graph. Only the Browns, Jaguars, Lions and Bills are missing.

The Pats went 11-5 in 2008 too and only lost the division due to a tiebreaker.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Soooooo you're saying that the Pats have never really had a formidable competitor in the division?

Way to twist the narrative so it suits your argument.

The Jets played in back-to-back AFC Championship games in the not-so-distant past. But let's forget about that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

stop

:huh:

8 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Soooooo you're saying that the Pats have never really had a formidable competitor in the division?

the Patriots would have dominated any division

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Way to twist the narrative so it suits your argument.

The Jets played in back-to-back AFC Championship games in the not-so-distant past. But let's forget about that.

Yup. 

When has a division rival of Peyton's been good enough to reach a conference title game? They'd have had several opportunities given the record number of one-and-dones Peyton has orchestrated (and then thrown his teammates under the bus afterwards). 

TEN in 02 is the only one that comes to mind (lost to OAK). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Explain. More specifically go Brees vs Manning. Please take into consideration that Brees may/will hold/take every record from Manning. 

Yards, completions, tds, consecutive tds, 300 yard games, 4 td games, total yards, and completion percentage. Too lazy to look up more. 

Manning has more MVP's. I remember one was shared with Steve Mcnair, and one beat out Brees in 2009. Brees beat him head to head in a superbowl in 2009. 

Manning won a superbowl with the Broncos defense. Ranked number 1. Manning benched that year....but showed enough to out compete Oswieler. 

Remember when Manning returned to Tennessee to avoid the Saints? 

Remember when Drew went to the Saints after one of the biggest natural disasters in North America? 

Manning can't eat Brees's dick. Eli knows it, Cooper knows it. Peyton knows it. Hell......Archie Manning knows it. 

Edit....let's name HOF teamates. 

Peyton had Marvin, James, Saturday, Wayne, Ckark?, Freeney, Mathis. Sanders was an all pro. 

Brees had a 7th round Colston, UDFA Lance Moore, UDFA Pierre Thomas. 

Edited by Tenner

If you include the Broncos....Manning played with HOF players like Ware and potentially Von Miller. 

Also...Manning has had 19 times that a WR or TE was probowl caliber under him. Brees totaled 3 in his Saints era. 

I bring that up because in previous posts I've demonstrated the differences in defensive support. This illustrates the differences in skill position talent surrounding each QB. 

Edited by Tenner

7 hours ago, Tenner said:

If you include the Broncos....Manning played with HOF players like Ware and potentially Von Miller. 

Also...Manning has had 19 times that a WR or TE was probowl caliber under him. Brees totaled 3 in his Saints era. 

I bring that up because in previous posts I've demonstrated the differences in defensive support. This illustrates the differences in skill position talent surrounding each QB. 

I mentioned it a few pages back: Both Brady and Manning played with players who, collectively--and perhaps eerily--put up 68 Pro Bowls apiece for Brady- and Manning-led teams.

They both played with oodles of talent.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

10 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Yup. 

When has a division rival of Peyton's been good enough to reach a conference title game? They'd have had several opportunities given the record number of one-and-dones Peyton has orchestrated (and then thrown his teammates under the bus afterwards). 

TEN in 02 is the only one that comes to mind (lost to OAK). 

Still, for one year would it have been too much to ask for an AFC East club to have a fluky, say, 13-3 season forcing Brady to try his hand as Wild Card team (like Manning has)?

Alas, it's yet to happen and Brady's always opened the postseason in comfortable surroundings at Foxboro.

I give him credit for winning all those divisions, to be sure, but--since we'really covering all bases here--it skews the playoff comparison slightly, particulary when looking at the "one and dones".

Edited by My Dinner With Andre