17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Brady always took team-friendly contracts, even before he was married.

I view his deal as one where he sits at the table as a partner where he gives the team the ability to be flexible to build winning teams. He doesnt extract max value but he definitely gets a fair value.  Notice h they tend to restructure his contract every 2yrs which allows both sides to adapt to and benefit from changing economic/team situations vs longer fixed contracts which can go sour. So everyone comes out a winner. 

Edited by dashoe

26 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Cap hit has nothing to do with how much his contract value is. There could be guaranteed money, ballonn payments in year x and bonuses built in  that gives him just as much compensation as the other top QB's.  The key difference is how well a team structures the contracts for the entire team. he may take less yearly salary but is probably making it in some other component of his compensation contract. 

His asking and his deserving have nothing to do with the organizations wherewithal to pay based on their business model.

I'm not sure you understand how every component of a contract hits a team's cap space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Montana in 1989 had to beat Minnesota (Wade Wilson) and the LA Rams (Jim Everett) to get to the SB

In 1988 he had to beat Minnesota (Wilson) and at Chicago (Jim McMahon) to get there

In 1984 he had to beat the Giants (Simms) and Chicago (Fuller) to get there

In 1981 he had to beat the Giants (Scott Brunner) and Dallas (Danny White) to get there

He also lost NFC title games at Washington in 1983 (Joe Theisman - MVP) and at home to the Giants in 1990 (Jeff Hostetler), and an AFC title game at Buffalo in 1994 (Jim Kelly)

Let's compare this to Brady's SB runs:

In 2014 he beat Baltimore (Flacco) and Indy (Luck)

In 2011 he beat Denver (Tebow) and Baltimore (Flacco)

In 2007 he beat JAX (Gerrard) and SD (Rivers - playing on a torn ACL)

In 2004 he beat Indy (Peyton - MVP) and at PIT (Roethlisberger)

In 2003 he beat TEN (McNair - co-MVP) and IND (Peyton - co-MVP)

In 2001 he beat OAK (Gannon) and PIT (Kordell Stewart, although Bledsoe did most of the damage)

He also lost AFC title games at IND (Peyton) in 2006, home against BAL (Flacco) in 2012, at DEN (Peyton - MVP) in 2013 and at DEN (washed up Peyton) in 2015. 

I'd have to say that Brady's level of competition was not inferior to Montana's in order to get to the SB. 

I was looking more at who the QB faced across the line of scrimmage, not who he saw on the field throwing the ball when he was on the sidelines.

If only Ashley Manning's powerlifting career went better, Peyton would have been able to take less salary throughout his career as well.

:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I'm not sure you understand how every component of a contract hits a team's cap space.

I never claimed to and i'm definitely sure you don't know either unless youre a guy who's preofession is structuring NFL contracts. 

We don't have the details of bradys full contract published; just the big numbers. The salient point is brady's contract allows him and the team to restructure it every couple of years to maintain flexibility.  but lets not paint this false picture that he is severely underpaid  and all he cares about is the greater good of his team whilst the other elite QB's are just a bunch of ego driven money grabbers.

Edited by dashoe

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I never claimed to and i'm definitely sure you don't know either unless youre a guy who's preofession is structuring NFL contracts. 

We don't have the details of bradys full contract published; just the big numbers. The salient point is brady's contract allows him and the team to restructure it every couple of years to maintain flexibility.  but lets not paint this false picture that he is severely underpaid  and all he cares about is the greater good of his team whilst the other elite QB's are just a bunch of ego driven money grabbers.

? It is easy to find the specifics to any player's contract once it has been published...unless you are claiming that there is under the table $ being hidden.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

? It is easy to find the specifics to any player's contract once it has been published...unless you are claiming that there is under the table $ being hidden.

Ok then please provide  a link to the documents of bradys full legal contract. I also am not claiming that there is under the table money. I don't think there would be a need for that given the fact they restructure every 2yrs.

Edited by dashoe

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14920087

Ryan Clark, who has played both multiple times, on Brady vs Manning said he would take Brady and it isn't even close.

Ryan Clark said Manning was good at "getting his team in the right plays and opportunities, but he didn't do a lot...you saw a lot of the hand gestures and talking so it made it seem like he was confusing but he really was not"

On Brady "everytime we played him i was nervous because he was the only player that I felt like knew exactly where we were coming from and couldn't fool"

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Ok then please provide  a link to the documents of bradys full legal contract. I also am not claiming that there is under the table money. I don't think there would be a need for that given the fact they restructure every 2yrs.

Google

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Google

It's ok to admit that you can't find this "easily" available document. Like stated before the public only gets the big numbers but not the nitty gritty of his comp package and all of those little detailed clauses that make a difference. 

Point is Brady is not giving away the ranch compensation wise and the haircut he takes in salary does not make him care more about  his team vs other elite QB's who are making a bit more. 

Fact is the Pats management team does an excellent job collectively structuring contracts and acquiring talent that give them the flexibility to put together winning teams.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

It's ok to admit that you can't find this "easily" available document. Like stated before the public only gets the big numbers but not the nitty gritty of his comp package and all of those little detailed clauses that make a difference. 

Point is Brady is not giving away the ranch compensation wise and the haircut he takes in salary does not make him care more about  his team vs other elite QB's who are making a bit more. 

Fact is the Pats management team does an excellent job collectively structuring contracts and acquiring talent that give them the flexibility to put together winning teams.

I've grown tired of pulling your strings for you...I'll admit that.

Edited by psygolf

4 hours ago, psygolf said:

Need to stop using the lack of a salary cap as a reason why some teams where dynasties, teams did not give players more money than they deserved back then, unlike today's game where there's a set nugget for all agents to maximize.

It was a very unfriendly era to free agency, no team was able to collect the best talent from any team just because the were willing to spend more cash.  The dynasties simply outperformed the rest of the league because they drafted better and had better staffs.

It is a misrepresentation to call SF or Dallas "Yankee-like" back then.

agree to a certain -  free agency really didn't exist   and contracts (money) was different

now a-days teams have to make a decision when they have a successful draft .... rookie contract is up they draft two very good corner-backs back once upon a time the team kept both and paid both -- now a team has to make a decision which CB to keep and give a contract too and which one they are willing to walk.

yea you are right there was none of this free agency sign anybody like the Boston red Sox are doing now and what the Yankees did

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

agree to a certain -  free agency really didn't exist   and contracts (money) was different

now a-days teams have to make a decision when they have a successful draft .... rookie contract is up they draft two very good corner-backs back once upon a time the team kept both and paid both -- now a team has to make a decision which CB to keep and give a contract too and which one they are willing to walk.

yea you are right there was none of this free agency sign anybody like the Boston red Sox are doing now and what the Yankees did

1st team salary-cap # was $35m in the early 90's I believe, lol.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Yankees still do.

They just suck at it.

39 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Yankees still do.

They just suck at it.

you mind has been programed and you have no idea

The Yankees have stayed away from any high price free agents lately ... there was once upon a time when the Yankees signed every superstar

this year the Yankees signed Aroldis Chapman

in 2016 the Yankees did not sign any free agents

in 2015 the Yankees did not sign any high price free agents

Brady. 

Because f*** Jim Irsay. Also the media not "covering" the  hgh scandal has bother me. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

you mind has been programed and you have no idea

The Yankees have stayed away from any high price free agents lately ... there was once upon a time when the Yankees signed every superstar

this year the Yankees signed Aroldis Chapman

in 2016 the Yankees did not sign any free agents

in 2015 the Yankees did not sign any high price free agents

They had the second highest payroll in the league last year, ahead of the Red Sox. 

They didn't sign any because they were terrible at it in years previous.

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Montana in 1989 had to beat Minnesota (Wade Wilson) and the LA Rams (Jim Everett) to get to the SB

In 1988 he had to beat Minnesota (Wilson) and at Chicago (Jim McMahon) to get there

In 1984 he had to beat the Giants (Simms) and Chicago (Fuller) to get there

In 1981 he had to beat the Giants (Scott Brunner) and Dallas (Danny White) to get there

He also lost NFC title games at Washington in 1983 (Joe Theisman - MVP) and at home to the Giants in 1990 (Jeff Hostetler), and an AFC title game at Buffalo in 1994 (Jim Kelly)

Let's compare this to Brady's SB runs:

In 2014 he beat Baltimore (Flacco) and Indy (Luck)

In 2011 he beat Denver (Tebow) and Baltimore (Flacco)

In 2007 he beat JAX (Gerrard) and SD (Rivers - playing on a torn ACL)

In 2004 he beat Indy (Peyton - MVP) and at PIT (Roethlisberger)

In 2003 he beat TEN (McNair - co-MVP) and IND (Peyton - co-MVP)

In 2001 he beat OAK (Gannon) and PIT (Kordell Stewart, although Bledsoe did most of the damage)

He also lost AFC title games at IND (Peyton) in 2006, home against BAL (Flacco) in 2012, at DEN (Peyton - MVP) in 2013 and at DEN (washed up Peyton) in 2015. 

I'd have to say that Brady's level of competition was not inferior to Montana's in order to get to the SB. 

Good post. And just to add, Brees went up against studs in the 2009 playoffs too. 

Brees vs Kurt Warner (league MVP) in the divisionals. 

Brees vs Brett Farve (3x MVP) in NFC championship. 

Brees vs Manning (4x MVP) in superbowl. 

8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

They had the second highest payroll in the league last year, ahead of the Red Sox. 

They didn't sign any because they were terrible at it in years previous.

a Boston Celtic avatar so he must be a Boston Red Sox fan ....  The Red Sox are spending loads of money it is the truth. When Brian Cashman called the Red Sox the Golden State Warriors of the MLB ... was right on .... Price, Sale, Pablo Hanley tons and tons of money

is that Al Horford?

dmb3684

20 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

a Boston Celtic avatar so he must be a Boston Red Sox fan ....  The Red Sox are spending loads of money it is the truth. When Brian Cashman called the Red Sox the Golden State Warriors of the MLB ... was right on .... Price, Sale, Pablo Hanley tons and tons of money

is that Al Horford?

dmb3684

Looks like Tony Allen.

21 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

is that Al Horford?

dmb3684

Right. I never said the Sox don't.

But you said the Yankees don't and I have no clue.

And clearly you are the one with no clue.

But this is sidetracking the thread. Back to Manning vs Brady and dashoe's epic troll job.

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Looks like Tony Allen.

TA is my favorite basketball player. I own 2 TA Celtics jersey and I think they might be the only known 2 not owned by TA.

3 hours ago, Tenner said:

Good post. And just to add, Brees went up against studs in the 2009 playoffs too. 

Brees vs Kurt Warner (league MVP) in the divisionals. 

Brees vs Brett Farve (3x MVP) in NFC championship. 

Brees vs Manning (4x MVP) in superbowl. 

True, but Brees also lost to Rex Grossman in the 2006 NFC title game at Chicago. 

Warner won 2 league MVPs plus a SB MVP.