15 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I reckon y'all will love this:

OG-AK310_COUNT0_G_20170205163736.jpg

That's not a particularly fair measure for either of them as they are still active.  That makes their contemporaries much more likely to be active still.  It also doesn't account for great help they may have had in one super bowl (like Moss or any of Peyton's teammates). I'd much rather judge them by how many HOFers they played with, regardless of super bowl status.  If Peyton can't make it with Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne for large portions of his career, that matters a lot more to me in terms of what you're trying to compare.  Limiting it to multi Super Bowl champion teammates is much too limiting for my tastes. 

(For the record, I'm on the Brady is GOAT team).

• Like 2

regardless of seasonal stats. Patriots did not match up against falcons. We saw that the first half. Keep the foot on the gas. Pats cant score with them. That's what it is. Matt Ryan' prob had the best offense in the game this year definitely weapons wise. 

On another note go look at all quarterbacks who have won multiple rings . They all had great coaches.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I reckon y'all will love this:

OG-AK310_COUNT0_G_20170205163736.jpg

A little deceiving, bc Montana's first 2 SB MVPs were without Haley or Rice. 

Ty Law, Seymour, Wilfork still have a shot at the HOF from the NE 2000-2010 teams that actually won SBs. And Vinatieri will certainly make the HOF. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

A little deceiving, bc Montana's first 2 SB MVPs were without Haley or Rice. 

Ty Law, Seymour, Wilfork still have a shot at the HOF from the NE 2000-2010 teams that actually won SBs. And Vinatieri will certainly make the HOF. 

And it's the Patriots

You're never guaranteed to be on the team for any amount of time.  

I wonder how different the list would look if the criteria was HOFers with ONE superbowl or more with Brady...

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

And it's the Patriots

You're never guaranteed to be on the team for any amount of time.  

I wonder how different the list would look if the criteria was HOFers with ONE superbowl or more with Brady...

Definite HOF track:

Vinatieri has 3 (plus 1 with IND)

Gronk has 2 and counting

Revis has 1

Questionable HOF track:

Seymour has 3, Law has 2, Wilfork has 2, Malcolm Butler (if stays at this level for 4-5 yrs) has 2

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

regardless of seasonal stats. Patriots did not match up against falcons. We saw that the first half. Keep the foot on the gas. Pats cant score with them. That's what it is. Matt Ryan' prob had the best offense in the game this year definitely weapons wise. 

On another note go look at all quarterbacks who have won multiple rings . They all had great coaches.

Haha! Pats outscored them 31-0 to close out the super bowl. You can go kick rocks

• Like 1

Why do so many people hate greatness? The cheating/"Deflate Gate" thing hardly matters anymore, as the Patriots just continue winning. And Brady found a way this year without his best receiver (Gronk). Sports are one of the few occupational venues that are completely judged based solely on performance (sales being another one). Brady wasn't placed on the mountain top by his rich dad or the CEO he did sexual favors for. He's just the best at what he does and nobody can argue that. Give the man his props.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Definite HOF track:

Gronk has 2 and counting

Revis has 1

Questionable HOF track:

Seymour has 3, Law has 2, Wilfork has 2, Malcolm Butler (if stays at this level for 4-5 yrs) has 2

Law has 3. He was hurt for the 2004 win, but still apart of the team. That was the year Belichick had Troy Brown playing corner along with Patriot greats Randall Gay and Earthwind Moreland (and a young Asante Samuel).

I would guess that of all his teammates, the following will make or have a very strong chance to make the HOF:

Vinatieri

Law?

Harrison

Bruschi?

Moss

Seymour?

McGinest?

Gronk?

18 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Law has 3. He was hurt for the 2004 win, but still apart of the team. That was the year Belichick had Troy Brown playing corner along with Patriot greats Randall Gay and Earthwind Moreland (and a young Asante Samuel).

I would guess that of all his teammates, the following will make or have a very strong chance to make the HOF:

Vinatieri

Law?

Harrison

Bruschi?

Moss

Seymour?

McGinest?

Gronk?

My guess is Law, Adam V, Moss, McGinest are in for sure.  Not sure how Gronk stacks up all time vs TEs nor Seymour.  

Funny,  he didn't win a Super Bowl with Moss nor HOFer Seau.

I think Harrison should make it as should Darren Woodson from the 90s Cowboys.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

I would guess that of all his Bruteammates, the following will make or have a very strong chance to make the HOF:

Vinatieri

Law?

Harrison

Bruschi?

Moss

Seymour?

McGinest?

Gronk?

Bruschi has no shot,

Wilfork might.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbshaw said:

That's not a particularly fair measure for either of them as they are still active.  That makes their contemporaries much more likely to be active still.  It also doesn't account for great help they may have had in one super bowl (like Moss or any of Peyton's teammates). I'd much rather judge them by how many HOFers they played with, regardless of super bowl status.  If Peyton can't make it with Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne for large portions of his career, that matters a lot more to me in terms of what you're trying to compare.  Limiting it to multi Super Bowl champion teammates is much too limiting for my tastes. 

(For the record, I'm on the Brady is GOAT team).

Moss doesn't have a ring. 

I agree that it's a bit limiting to go by two rings especially in the free agency era.

If we expand the pool to one ring add Larry Allen and Deion Sanders to the 90s Cowboys.

Just now, 96mnc said:

Moss doesn't have a ring. 

I agree that it's a bit limiting to go by two rings especially in the free agency era.

If we expand the pool to one ring add Larry Allen and Deion Sanders to the 90s Cowboys.

Should also add Steve Young to the 80s 49ers...Montana missed 3 games in the 89 season that Young started, and they split playing time during the first 11 games of the 88 season. 

Why is this even a discussion? Brady has proven over and over and over again that he is in another league from everyone else. Whether you hate him or not you just can't deny how amazing he is and we need to start appreciating him before he retires.

Edited by atlantadynasty
  • Like 1

it doesn't who played with who .... Tom Brady is the best forever at the Quarterback position ... and he ain't even done playing

also it sure doesn't matter what coaches coached against other coaches ..... Bill Belichick will go down as the best coach ever

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Vinatieri

Law?

Harrison

Bruschi?

Moss

Seymour?

McGinest?

Gronk?

Got a bad feeling Law doesn't make it. 

23 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Definite HOF track:

Gronk has 2 and counting

Revis has 1

Questionable HOF track:

Revis. The forgotten man.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, ChasinDatPaper said:

I don't hate anything I've already given credit with him and belichek. I'm also a realist. Answer me this: why in the f*** did the falcons only run the ball a total of 4x after being up 25points. They choked man. You, I and the world knows it.

2nd giftwrapped SB in 3 years, courtesy of 2 stupid OCs. Fact is, with competent coaching, Brady is 2-7 in SBs. Martz stupid ego cost the Rams one as well. All 3 opponents were superior 53 man rosters coached by incompetent clowns.

9 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

2nd giftwrapped SB in 3 years, courtesy of 2 stupid OCs. Fact is, with competent coaching, Brady is 2-7 in SBs. Martz stupid ego cost the Rams one as well. All 3 opponents were superior 53 man rosters coached by incompetent clowns.

"Fact is" ... lol. Are these the alternative facts I've been hearing about lately?

12 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

...with competent coaching, Brady is 2-7 in SBs....

Brady has played in 9 Super Bowls? Counting is hard sometimes, I guess.

• Like 1

Montana played in an era that the rules hardly protected the QB. He's the goat followed by Manning.

i put Brady around #3 or 4.

Brees is also better

8 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

How is Montana being 4-0 in the SB an "idiotic" argument? I would love for someone to explain that to me. 

Let's try it this way.

Joey has four gold medals. 

Tommy has five gold medals and two silver medals

Which is more impressive?

9 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

How is Montana being 4-0 in the SB an "idiotic" argument? I would love for someone to explain that to me. 

Its not idiotic. It's a phenomenal achievement. But he only got there 4 times compared to Brady's   7 (and counting).  And Brady did it in the salary-cap era. 

To say Montana is better than Brady because he never lost a SB or threw a SB INT despite Brady's superior track record of making the game (and now with more titles and MVPs) despite having less surrounding talent is as misguided as if you claimed to be a superior QB than Brady because you never lost a SB or threw a SB INT.