Curious. Unsure if it has been mentioned in the thread already, but if Michael Jordan had 2 rings instead of 6 and underperformed in the playoffs while still dominating in the regular season do you think he would still be unanimously touted as the greatest basketball player ever? I personally don't think so.

17 minutes ago, footballpimp said:

Curious. Unsure if it has been mentioned in the thread already, but if Michael Jordan had 2 rings instead of 6 and underperformed in the playoffs while still dominating in the regular season do you think he would still be unanimously touted as the greatest basketball player ever? I personally don't think so.

He probably wouldn't. But MJ was 6-0 in the Finals and the Finals MVP 6x. Brady has had his struggles in SBs and lost 2. He should have lost to Seattle. In the losses the Pats failed to score more than 17 points in both games, something that also happened in their loss to the Broncos in the AFC Championship game last season.

I still view Montana and Bradshaw as 1a and 1b as the greatest QBs ever.

I thought this was the fantasy football thread... then again, throwing in Montana, Bradshaw, and Micheal Jordan is pretty fantastic.

That said, coming down to earth somewhat, it was said several posts earlier that Brady the "legend" cannot be compared to a "choker."  But now Brady is out four games and Eli (who doesn't miss games) has a full season / loaded arsenal. Both QBs receive upgrades (including a healthy DLewis & MBennett, and SShep et al for Eli), both are poised for continued success, but the "choker" has four more games. My vote is Eli, who met Brees' 7TD challenge last year most admirably / unchokingly with 6 of his own. 

5 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

I thought this was the fantasy football thread... then again, throwing in Montana, Bradshaw, and Micheal Jordan is pretty fantastic.

That said, coming down to earth somewhat, it was said several posts earlier that Brady the "legend" cannot be compared to a "choker."  But now Brady is out four games and Eli (who doesn't miss games) has a full season / loaded arsenal. Both QBs receive upgrades (including a healthy DLewis & MBennett, and SShep et al for Eli), both are poised for continued success, but the "choker" has four more games. My vote is Eli, who met Brees' 7TD challenge last year most admirably / unchokingly with 6 of his own. 

I think the topic is Brady vs. Peyton, not Eli.:)

9 minutes ago, AndyReidMustGo...Now said:

I think the topic is Brady vs. Peyton, not Eli.:)

I thought was any Manning, dealer's choice. 

• Like 3

On July 25, 2016 at 11:14 AM, footballpimp said:

MJ is not unanimously viewed as the basketball GOAT. Some prefer the player who won more MVPs than anyone ever, also won 6 rings and is the NBA's all-time leading scorer.

Others prefer the player who averaged 15 pts, 23 rbs, 10 blocks and 4 assists/game while winning as many MVPs as MJ and leading his team to 5 more rings. 

Peyton Manning has never carried a team to win the superbowl.  In 2006, Colts defense in the playoff gave up 16.2pts/game which is better than 3 of the 4 playoff defense Brady had during his superbowl year.  On offense, Manning threw 3tds to 7ints for the whole playoff (4games total).  That Colts team won the superbowl in spite of Manning terrible performance with Manning almost costing them.

In 2015, Denver defense in the playoff gave up 14.6pts/game which is better than all 4 of Brady's playoff defense that won the superbowl.  Manning on offense got 2 tds to 1ints for the whole playoff (3games total).  Again Manning basically did nothing on offense to help that team in the playoff. 

The Patriots defense in the playoff in 2001 gave up 15.7pts/game, 19pts/game in 2003, 17 pts/game in 2004, and 20.7 pts/game in 2015.

On offense during playoff, Brady threw 1td - 1int in 2001, 5tds - 2ints in 2003, 5tds - 0ints in 2004, and 10tds - 4ints in 2015.  (3games total each year)

There is just no comparison between the two.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kbitboc said:

There is just no comparison between the two.

Wait... din't you just compare them?

On 7/26/2016 at 0:19 PM, joshua18 said:

MJ is not unanimously viewed as the basketball GOAT. Some prefer the player who won more MVPs than anyone ever, also won 6 rings and is the NBA's all-time leading scorer.

Others prefer the player who averaged 15 pts, 23 rbs, 10 blocks and 4 assists/game while winning as many MVPs as MJ and leading his team to 5 more rings. 

10 blocks?

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:11 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Jan Brady is the greatest Brady that ever lived.

7 hours ago, mysonx3 said:

10 blocks?

The reason Jan Brady was the best value at her ADP was because of her blocking. 

Man, this thread has legs. 

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

The reason Jan Brady was the best value at her ADP was because of her blocking. 

Man, this thread has legs. 

I don't think Marsha ever blocked Greg.

As per Urban Dictionary:

Necropost: "to post in a thread that has been "dead", by being inactive for a relatively long period."

36 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Bradshaw > brady

The only reason I say Bradshaw is because they have the same number of rings, and he didn't have the protection that Brady has.

Even Bradshaw would laugh at this troll post

• Like 1

I pretty much hate the Pats but I would take Brady as my real QB over Manning any day. Stronger, more accurate arm, stronger willpower, less fragile. 

That said, I'd definitely take Manning as my fantasy QB. I especially used to love how he'd pass it on the goal line to pad my stats. That stuff was golden. 

I've always found the focus on Superbowl wins interesting when talking about the greatest QB ever.  When I think greatest QB ever, I focus on who I believe has the most talent/skill while taking into account the era.  Superbowls are an afterthought, but I can tell that I'm in the minority here. 

The MJ comparisons don't make sense.  In basketball, you can affect the game on offense and defense.  You are one of 5 players on the court at any given time.  You can have an entire scoring possession while being the only one to touch the ball.  Football is much more of a team game.  And you can only play on one side (offense or defense)...generally speaking.  The impact of a single player is much less, even the QB (who has the greatest individual impact on the game).

My top QB's are Marino, Rodgers, Manning, Unitas, and Brady.

What is most impressive about Brady to me is that his play level hasn't fallen off this late in his career.  But from a pure talent perspective (arm strength, accuracy, etc.) I think Marino and Rodgers are the best ever. 

35 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

I've always found the focus on Superbowl wins interesting when talking about the greatest QB ever.  When I think greatest QB ever, I focus on who I believe has the most talent/skill while taking into account the era.  Superbowls are an afterthought, but I can tell that I'm in the minority here. 

The MJ comparisons don't make sense.  In basketball, you can affect the game on offense and defense.  You are one of 5 players on the court at any given time.  You can have an entire scoring possession while being the only one to touch the ball.  Football is much more of a team game.  And you can only play on one side (offense or defense)...generally speaking.  The impact of a single player is much less, even the QB (who has the greatest individual impact on the game).

My top QB's are Marino, Rodgers, Manning, Unitas, and Brady.

What is most impressive about Brady to me is that his play level hasn't fallen off this late in his career.  But from a pure talent perspective (arm strength, accuracy, etc.) I think Marino and Rodgers are the best ever. 

Rodgers accuracy isnt looking too good this yr.

1 hour ago, fingers said:

Even Bradshaw would laugh at this troll post

Not a troll post. Its my opinion. Plus in todays day and age its much easier to play the QB position.

36 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Not a troll post. Its my opinion. Plus in todays day and age its much easier to play the QB position.

Well your opinion is wrong. You cite "same amount of rings but worse protection" as the reason Bradshaw is better. What a joke. Brady hasn't had great protection, and he hasn't had a defense full of hall of famers or a great RB either.

...not to mention Bradshaw's stats are not impressive at all, even for his time period.