Recommended Posts

Just finished reading the last five pages. A few words come to mind...  entertaining, hilarious & stupidity all rolled into five pages. 
 

I like what Corleone brought to the table with this link after reading 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20096209/nfl-coaches-execs-rank-best-quarterbacks-modern-era-2017

 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 10:56 PM, dmb3684 said:

 

Reading is hard.

I'm beginning to agree with you that using any of your information isn't wise.

Still, sometimes even a blind pig finds a nut and I would certainly like to see that happen here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Just finished reading the last five pages. A few words come to mind...  entertaining, hilarious & stupidity all rolled into five pages. 
 

I like what Corleone brought to the table with this link after reading 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20096209/nfl-coaches-execs-rank-best-quarterbacks-modern-era-2017

 

 

Some people just refuse to change their minds about a player they hate despite overwhelming majority opinion (that will never change because one of them is retired). Some people also think the earth is flat  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

I'm beginning to agree with you that using any of your information isn't wise.

Still, sometimes even a blind pig finds a nut and I would certainly like to see that happen here.

 

Was just pointing out that you read the chart wrong. It is important to understand facts that are posted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

 

Some people just refuse to change their minds about a player they hate despite overwhelming majority opinion (that will never change because one of them is retired). Some people also think the earth is flat  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

What exactly is a "Brady denier"? Do they not believe in his existence? Do they not think he is a god? Please tell me more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

What exactly is a "Brady denier"? Do they not believe in his existence? Do they not think he is a god? Please tell me more...


It's actually a very simple comparison.

 

The physics and pictures from space point toward the Earth being round - The numbers and accomplishments point toward Brady being the GOAT

 

A lot of people were initially reluctant to believe the Earth was round - A lot of people were initially reluctant to believe Brady is the GOAT

 

A small vocal group of people still think the Earth is flat - A small vocal group of people still think Manning is better than Brady

 

It's simple math man

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, the Earth is an oblate spheroid.

 

/thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Just finished reading the last five pages. A few words come to mind...  entertaining, hilarious & stupidity all rolled into five pages. 
 

I like what Corleone brought to the table with this link after reading 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20096209/nfl-coaches-execs-rank-best-quarterbacks-modern-era-2017

 

Equating ESPN to accuracy doesn't represent research to me. Typically a limited reporting of facts embedded with a lot of hear-say and opinion.

Thank you for showing me the limited level of your "research". I expected no less!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, sSektor said:


It's actually a very simple comparison.

 

The physics and pictures from space point toward the Earth being round - The numbers and accomplishments point toward Brady being the GOAT

 

A lot of people were initially reluctant to believe the Earth was round - A lot of people were initially reluctant to believe Brady is the GOAT

 

A small vocal group of people still think the Earth is flat - A small vocal group of people still think Manning is better than Brady

 

It's simple math man

 

 

lol

One can test whether the Earth is more spherical or flat, but there's no way to actually "test" whether Brady is the GOAT.

How "great" someone is depends on how people values things, and people disagree on what the most important measures for greatness are. For you SB wins and popular opinion are what matter most (btw.. using popular opinion as "evidence" will inevitably backfire in future arguments when you disagree with popular opinion). 

Me? I prefer to look at passing efficiency and wins added over a long career instead of something far more dependent on specific circumstances like number of SB wins. And of course other posters might value other things. 

So there's no "truth" here like with the Earth being spherical. 

In any case, a great deal of statistical evidence has been presented suggesting it's not so clear cut who the GOAT is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

Equating ESPN to accuracy doesn't represent research to me. Typically a limited reporting of facts embedded with a lot of hear-say and opinion.

Thank you for showing me the limited level of your "research". I expected no less!

And weren’t you the guy who put up some garbage from 2009.... to express some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cow, the only people who dont think brady is the goat are anti vaxxers and flat earthers? Ive heard it all.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The earth is round. We have space orbiters that can see how round earth is. Duh

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The earth is round. We have space orbiters that can see how round earth is. Duh

We should use some space orbiters to see who the GOAT QB is.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 5:20 PM, cashvillesent said:

McNabb also has a winning record in games where he threw 50+ times: 4 wins, 2 losses and 1 tie (1 loss was in the postseason).

But yes you're right that that's really rare. Generally, QB's throw a lot when they're relied on to help win a game they're losing in the 4th quarter and that usually results in a loss.

However, before one gets too excited about Brady in 50+ attempt games (as you point out 13-7 in regular season and 6-2 in postseason), note that Brady's win% is terrible in 55+ attempt games: 2-6 in regular season and 1-1 in postseason. So keep in mind that "50" isn't some magical threshold. Brady just does better until a slightly higher threshold.

 

There's a whole lot of context lost in all of those games just looking at the win-loss record in a vacuum, but as you mentioned usually when a QB has to throw the ball that much it means they're down late or fell behind multiple scores early. 50 attempts is arbitrary, but it's really cool that not many QBs can claim a winning record in that context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The earth is round. We have space orbiters that can see how round earth is. Duh

But every proof offered is actually an appeal to authority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

How is this still a relevant "debate"?

So you're lazy and not very good at math. You can bowout now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Holy cow, the only people who dont think brady is the goat are anti vaxxers and flat earthers? Ive heard it all.

 

This thread is a disaster, but I think it the gist was, people that think Manning is better than Brady are akin to flat earthers, in that there is a small vocal minority, but the majority of rational people know that Brady is better and the earth is round.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

How is this still a relevant "debate"?

 

It's not. It's the offseason and people get bored 😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Brady himself was once a flat-earther.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I guess Brady himself was once a flat-earther.

 

At least with Deflategate he was once a flat-baller.

 

HAHAHA, I'm sorry 😕 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 1:52 PM, sSektor said:


It's actually a very simple comparison.

 

The physics and pictures from space point toward the Earth being round - The numbers and accomplishments point toward Brady being the GOAT

 

A lot of people were initially reluctant to believe the Earth was round - A lot of people were initially reluctant to believe Brady is the GOAT

 

A small vocal group of people still think the Earth is flat - A small vocal group of people still think Manning is better than Brady

 

It's simple math man

 

 

Leave it to a Patriots fan to compare a QB ranking to an actual scientific fact. 
 

Brady fans are a ******** cult man... 

 

Probably also kiss their kids on the mouth. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real talk Brady passed Manning a long time ago. Dude was the James Harden of the NFL. Dude choked in the playoffs like no other. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lack of talent has not been an issue for Brady and his supporting cast. He has played with a number of HoF types, has always had a consistently good line, good RBs and good WRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.