Sign in to follow this  
ajs723

Brandon LaFell 2016 Season Outlook

I know he was a colossal disappointment last season, but could he be fantasy relevant on the Bengals in 2016? Right now, he's clearly the number 2 WR, although Cincinnati will likely draft a WR early.

He has 750 yards and 4 TDs written all over him. A sucker pick.

With 195/3 coming in one huge game.

I know he was a colossal disappointment last season, but could he be fantasy relevant on the Bengals in 2016? Right now, he's clearly the number 2 WR, although Cincinnati will likely draft a WR early.

Great news for AJG owners...Lafell's drops will soon send more targets his way.

+1

LaFell's never been much of a fantasy asset and going from Tom Brady to Andy Dalton is not an upgrade.

What LaFell is, is a tough player who can operate as a reasonable downfield blocker.

This offense is going to run through Green, Eifert and the two running backs.

Marvin Jones was good for 800-4 last season.

As he is a better receiver than LaFell, this represents a fair to generous ceiling for LaFell.

Edited by Winky

Target Green and Eiffert instead.

Target damn near anyone instead.

Will be one of the hottest FA's week 1. Looked great in camp and until Eifert returns will get mass targets

5 minutes ago, RolandoRoomes said:

Will be one of the hottest FA's week 1. Looked great in camp and until Eifert returns will get mass targets

I hope you're right. I love moving up in the waiver order when other owners waste their waiver on mutts like Lafell who will quickly be passed by Boyd if he hasn't already. 

sa

2 hours ago, petekrum said:

I hope you're right. I love moving up in the waiver order when other owners waste their waiver on mutts like Lafell who will quickly be passed by Boyd if he hasn't already. 

Sanu and Jones did pretty well. I think LaFell can be a good asset IF he's solved his drop problem from last year. AJ will be blanketed by Revis this week so could be a sneaky flex play. 

Possible great value if Green were to be hurt early in the season. I was considering picking him up from waivers today, simply because he is the WR2, but decided against it. If you have the bench space however, I don't see the risk with him being your WR5. 

Edited by kretan182

If you're looking for a sneaky play on the Bengals, grab Boyd, not Lafell.

7 minutes ago, petekrum said:

If you're looking for a sneaky play on the Bengals, grab Boyd, not Lafell.

Boyd would be nice but just like they say in Forrest Gump... "Taken". 

I didn't catch this game...how'd he look? Had a good amount of targets and should see  the same/more going forward as teams shadow Green. In need of a Keenan Allen replacement and thinking this could be the guy. Thoughts?

Boyd got in on the action as well at times. Dalton looked horrible throwing the ball for the first part of the game but once he deicded to play, Lafell actually looked good. I don't see why he can't work himself into the WR3 conversation. Boyd's involvement will cause a lot of inconsistency however and once Eifert comes back, I don't want Lafell anymore.

Lafell actually played more snaps than any other wide reciever on that team. Didn't drop any balls either.

On 9/12/2016 at 9:06 AM, remark900 said:

I didn't catch this game...how'd he look? Had a good amount of targets and should see  the same/more going forward as teams shadow Green. In need of a Keenan Allen replacement and thinking this could be the guy. Thoughts?

Yah, I'm considering using a waiver claim on him.  Can't believe it's come to this after 1 friggin week, but what can you do?  Never been a fan of this guy but seems he has a real opportunity.  

On 9/14/2016 at 0:52 AM, NightWolfNightmares said:

I guess we should remember Tom Brady arm is shot , and they only go short to mid passing game. 

Not Andy 

Ha, shot. Must be a hater. The Pat's game is short and it works. They have not had a deep threat so why bother when you win games with you core game.

Back to LaFell. Being on the field and not dropping a ball is huge. The clear number 2 on a team that needs it bad, I see no reason why he cannot be a flex from here on out with WR3 stats some week.

Not dropping anyone of importance but for all the Boyd owners I think he is an easy add

I'm rolling with him today. Wish me luck! I do think he's a good play today.