Sign in to follow this  
Exo

Michael Floyd 2016 Season Outlook

I'm doing it because I have no other option. If there's any week to turn it around, it's gotta be this one...

His snap count is too low. Barely on the field thurs. Can't turn it around if your not playing. I'm thinking about dropping.

12 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

His snap count is too low. Barely on the field thurs. Can't turn it around if your not playing. I'm thinking about dropping.

Against the 49ers, Brown and Fitz were the receivers used in their two TE sets. Bad sign #1.

They used Jaron Brown a lot more on 3WR sets at Floyd's expense (even though PFF doesn't have Brown listed at all on the snap count...? Still, they each had 3 targets). Bad sign #2.

Floyd was in on only 23 of 68 total offensive plays. Bad sign #3.

And after all of that, I still might have to fire him up. He can't throw up a goose egg two straight weeks, right? At least he's always a red zone threat with Palmer, right?! The Jets secondary is suspect as hell...right?!?!

Take note: That's what denial and/or delusion looks like

On 7.10.2016 at 8:48 PM, Iron-cock said:

I'd trade him for a bag of dog**** in dyansty.

Well I agree that he is useless this year until he show 2-3 games of consistency. But in dynasty he is a hold, or a buy low. Contract year and his talent will lead to an opportunity in an offense with a weaker WR corps. Hence Arizona may retain him on the cheap if Fitz retires. At least Arians is commited to get him going. He said he will keep dialing up plays for him. Against the 49ers they went deep to him twice instead of running out the clock.

In 10 team league he is a drop. In 12+ I'd hold on or buy cheap. If things click again this offense has #1 potential.

4 hours ago, Dlong13 said:

Against the 49ers, Brown and Fitz were the receivers used in their two TE sets. Bad sign #1.

They used Jaron Brown a lot more on 3WR sets at Floyd's expense (even though PFF doesn't have Brown listed at all on the snap count...? Still, they each had 3 targets). Bad sign #2.

Floyd was in on only 23 of 68 total offensive plays. Bad sign #3.

And after all of that, I still might have to fire him up. He can't throw up a goose egg two straight weeks, right? At least he's always a red zone threat with Palmer, right?! The Jets secondary is suspect as hell...right?!?!

Take note: That's what denial and/or delusion looks like

Floyd the Barber scored as many points last week ...

Image result for floyd the barber

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Floyd the Barber scored as many points last week ...

Image result for floyd the barber

I'm digging the "Floyd" reference in that pic. Well done.

And I'm willing to let the past be the past, as long as he stops playing like Gomer Pyle out there. But more than likely, I'll need Aunt Bee to come over and console me after yet another disappointing performance.

12 minutes ago, Dlong13 said:

I'm digging the "Floyd" reference in that pic. Well done.

And I'm willing to let the past be the past, as long as he stops playing like Gomer Pyle out there. But more than likely, I'll need Aunt Bee to come over and console me after yet another disappointing performance.

please tell me Opie (Andy Dalton) is your qb :D

and if Floyd craps it vs Jets, then he should definitely be off to that great gig in the (waivers) sky ... only a lunatic would hold him after that -

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

please tell me Opie (Andy Dalton) is your qb :D

and if Floyd craps it vs Jets, then he should definitely be off to that great gig in the (waivers) sky ...

Haha. Unfortunately he isn't, but Eli is on my roster, and he kind of looks he could be from Mayberry, doesn't he?

But for Floyd, this week, I have High Hopes. So come on big man...Shine on you crazy diamond

What do you guys think of him moving foward? guess we will see some of him tonight on the MNF.

His situation was never the greatest. And with him taking a step back with his mild concussion, and J brown making an appearance again. It has been hampering his prodction. Drafted him as my Wr3 but he's sitting as my wr5 as of right now

He will prob go nutts cause I dropped him last week. Just how my season is going lol.

Maybe I'm blind but I didn't see him in on a single play on that first drive.  Edging closer to Dropsville and will likely arrive there by the end of the game.

Did this man even play in the first half outside of red zone trips?  In the second half think he was in on a couple of drives, but he was still not in on three WR sets for the most part.  After he scored his TD this was said.

43 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I don't care if he gets 4 more of those.

I'm not taking the bait.

And I 100% have to agree.  At this point he's only a part time/red zone package player it seems.  However, if Jaron Brown is hurt for any period of time it clouds the situation as Floyd may start to see the field regularly again.  I'm tempted to just cut ties with Floyd anyway to dispel myself of the headache of owning him.

21 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Did this man even play in the first half outside of red zone trips?  In the second half think he was in on a couple of drives, but he was still not in on three WR sets for the most part.  After he scored his TD this was said.

And I 100% have to agree.  At this point he's only a part time/red zone package player it seems.  However, if Jaron Brown is hurt for any period of time it clouds the situation as Floyd may start to see the field regularly again.  I'm tempted to just cut ties with Floyd anyway to dispel myself of the headache of owning him.

He was in for 8 of the first 39 plays before half.  He then started the second half and logged more than half the plays.  What was somewhat encouraging is seeing the head coach celebrate his TD with him.  They want him to succeed.  Jaron Brown's injury might give him more snaps, but next week vs. Seattle would be a sit anyway.  

I cannot figure out why he's not getting more run if Arians is pulling for him. He must be messing up assignments/practice/something.

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

I cannot figure out why he's not getting more run if Arians is pulling for him. He must be messing up assignments/practice/something.

Probably a good bet.  Sloppy routes in previous games too along with the drops.

2 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Practice? This man messing up in the games and we sitting here talking about practice?

Yah, it was encouraging to see Arians rooting for  Floyd. The coaches want him to do well, so I think opportunity will come. I think they're just easing him in so he feels more confident. Like Arians said, Floyd was trying to do too much a few weeks back. He just needs to take a step back and just take it all in and the coaches are there to support him. I don't think he's startable yet, but he's definitely trending for the better, as compared to 3 weeks ago. He also had a monster game against Seattle last year, but I personally want to wait another week to see his usage. 

This guy was a top 5 wr the last 6 weeks of 2015. Pressing too much in his contract year? I don't own Floyd in any league, but I hope he gets it together. I've always liked him as a player.

Am I over-reacting? Should I continue to hold here? Or does it seem he's not relevant this year. I'm getting really fed up with this guy. Wasting a roster slot for someone who barely gets snaps and somehow is so TD dependent to be somewhat relevant. 

20 hours ago, Skins33 said:

This guy was a top 5 wr the last 6 weeks of 2015. Pressing too much in his contract year? I don't own Floyd in any league, but I hope he gets it together. I've always liked him as a player.

There were rumblings that he wasn't getting it done on the field. I think some issues with routes?

Also, Palmer does not look the same this year. He's not getting a ton of time, but he's not throwing the deep ball up like he did last season. He's locking in on Fitz, much to the detriment of Floyd and Smokey Brown. Jaron Brown and JJ Nelson are also stealing snaps - Not sure if that was the game plan all along or more due to the fact Floyd wasn't sharp the first few games and the staff is sending a message to him.

I think David Johnson being a beast has also hurt Floyd's value. There are only so many mouths to feed and Fitz/DJ are at the top of the food chain on the Cards right now. 

4 minutes ago, RxD said:

There were rumblings that he wasn't getting it done on the field. I think some issues with routes?

Also, Palmer does not look the same this year. He's not getting a ton of time, but he's not throwing the deep ball up like he did last season. He's locking in on Fitz, much to the detriment of Floyd and Smokey Brown. Jaron Brown and JJ Nelson are also stealing snaps - Not sure if that was the game plan all along or more due to the fact Floyd wasn't sharp the first few games and the staff is sending a message to him.

I think David Johnson being a beast has also hurt Floyd's value. There are only so many mouths to feed and Fitz/DJ are at the top of the food chain on the Cards right now. 

You need time in the pocket to develop those deep routes and Palmer is getting none of that. Also, he's just not mobile enough like a Wilson or Rodgers to buy extra time to allow his WR's to get downfield. So what's happening is DJ is running good and you have guys like Fitz and the Browns working more underneath routes which would be ideal for a QB working with an accelerated clock.

Edited by nonstopfan

22 minutes ago, affliction said:

Michael 'Red Zone package' Floyd

Michael 'Run Blocker' Floyd

Michael 'Drop the Ball' Floyd