Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

33legend

Weekly Prospect Top 10

You guys are killing me! I add Nick Williams off last week considering how bad the rest of the Phillies corner outfield spots and now he isn't on any of them haha

As others have said, it's still a good pickup. I understand your sentiment, though. haha.

As a Phillies fan the talk here is him coming up in the summer....

Can we get summer to start a month early please?

I do think Williams and/or Judge could be the first up of the OFers out there. Brinson is so blocked in Texas they need to fell several OFers there first for him to come up though I agree he should be way better than the other two. But now they just signed Drew Stubbs to a year contract in Texas so that seems a signal they won't rush up Brinson. And DeShields keeps hanging on.

Whoops yeah, I forgot Buxton too; keep forgetting he got sent down.

Wait isn't there a Cleveland OFer I'm forgetting who should be up soon?

1. AJ Reed

2. Trea Turner

3. Byron Buxton - has been raking at AAA. I think he'll be back up in July.

4. Tyler Glasnow

5. Jameson Taillon - I think both Pirates guys are up and will have an impact. Back end of that rotation sucks.

6. Blake Snell

7. Lucas Giolito

8. Orlando Arcia

9. Jose de Leon - Gonna be in the rotation before Urias.

10. Josh Bell - Jaso isn't exactly a model of perfect health and Bell has the plate discipline to lead off for the Pirates if Jaso gets hurt.

Honorable mention:

Alex Reyes - We'll see how he does after suspension but I think he could be up in July or August.

Lewis Brinson - Another injury or two and we may see him in CF for the Rangers. Keep in mind he was generally more well thought of than Mazara from a fantasy perspective.

Urias - could be valuable in holds leagues if they put him in the bullpen

Dark Horse:

Hunter Dozier - Raked at AA and got promoted to AAA a few days ago. Could see some at bats in the outfield if the Royals have an injury.

Raking = .276?

Wait isn't there a Cleveland OFer I'm forgetting who should be up soon?

Bradley Zimmer

Thanks. I had a brain fart on him. Appreciate the quick reply.

1. AJ Reed

2. Trea Turner

4. Tyler Glasnow

5. Jameson Taillon - I think both Pirates guys are up and will have an impact. Back end of that rotation sucks.

6. Blake Snell

7. Lucas Giolito

8. Orlando Arcia

10. Josh Bell - Jaso isn't exactly a model of perfect health and Bell has the plate discipline to lead off for the Pirates if Jaso gets hurt.

Honorable mention:

Alex Reyes - We'll see how he does after suspension but I think he could be up in July or August.

Lewis Brinson - Another injury or two and we may see him in CF for the Rangers. Keep in mind he was generally more well thought of than Mazara from a fantasy perspective.

Dark Horse:

Hunter Dozier - Raked at AA and got promoted to AAA a few days ago. Could see some at bats in the outfield if the Royals have an injury.

Raking = .276?

You are talking Buxton right? He started off slow at AAA and last two weeks his numbers have trended up fast.

1. AJ Reed

2. Trea Turner

4. Tyler Glasnow

6. Blake Snell

7. Lucas Giolito

8. Orlando Arcia

Honorable mention:

Dark Horse:

Raking = .276?

in the 2 days since you wrote that he's raiised his average to .299. So yes, he is raking at AAA. 3 homers too and taking walks.

AJ Reed needs to be lower on this list . Has shown nothing in AAA.

And just placed on the DL with a hammy strain. May be minor but nonetheless nothing to improve his stock!

1. AJ Reed

2. Trea Turner

4. Tyler Glasnow

6. Blake Snell

7. Lucas Giolito

8. Orlando Arcia

Honorable mention:

Dark Horse:

Raking = .276?

in the 2 days since you wrote that he's raiised his average to .299. So yes, he is raking at AAA. 3 homers too and taking walks.

I'm not sure what site you guys are looking at but on Milb it has Buxton with a .310 average right now.. Either way I would say yeah raking.

And just placed on the DL with a hammy strain. May be minor but nonetheless nothing to improve his stock!

Ansolutely . I took him in a dynasty prospect draft in rd 1 and he hasn't shown me anything this year vs elite pitching that he is anything that people make him out to be . Houston has no need for a sub par .230 hitter in their lineup . He better fix something

Anyone think Jesse Winker makes an impact this summer?

Some injuries and promotions that affect these lists. It would be great to have people make their own or update from before.

My new list for the week of May 16:

1.Jameson Taillion SP Pitt He has been dominant. Is a lock to be up after Super 2

2.Blake Snell SP TB He is ready to go. The number of pitchers the Rays have is limiting.

3.Tyler Glasnow SP Pitt Enormous upside but still throws in a clunker every once in a while. But may be up right around Taillion

4.Trea Turner SS Wash He will take over for Espinosa soon

5.AJ Reed 1B Hou The injury moves him down the list a bit. But they probably weren't moving him up before super 2 anyway.

6.Alex Bregman SS/3B Hou They moved him to 3B and promoted to AA. Big things could be on the way

7.Julio Urias P LAD Best pitcher in the minors?

8.Byron Buxton OF MN Hopefully he can get going in AAA

9.Orlando Arcia SS Mil Villar playing well has slowed this train a bit.

10.Andrew Benintendi OF Bos Moved up to AA. Could he be up as soon as August? Upside here.

My #7 from last week Clevinger of Clev just got promoted today.

1. AJ Reed

2. Trea Turner

4. Tyler Glasnow

6. Blake Snell

7. Lucas Giolito

8. Orlando Arcia

Honorable mention:

Dark Horse:

Raking = .276?

SINCE I wrote that. But leading up to it, NO he was not raking.

Some injuries and promotions that affect these lists. It would be great to have people make their own or update from before.

1.Jameson Taillion SP Pitt He has been dominant. Is a lock to be up after Super 2

2.Blake Snell SP TB He is ready to go. The number of pitchers the Rays have is limiting.

3.Tyler Glasnow SP Pitt Enormous upside but still throws in a clunker every once in a while. But may be up right around Taillion

5.AJ Reed 1B Hou The injury moves him down the list a bit. But they probably weren't moving him up before super 2 anyway.

6.Alex Bregman SS/3B Hou They moved him to 3B and promoted to AA. Big things could be on the way

10.Andrew Benintendi OF Bos Moved up to AA. Could he be up as soon as August? Upside here.

To the majors? Spot start? Cleveland is loaded with good pitching. Current rotation is Kluber, Salazar, Tomlin, Bauer and ah ... okay maybe in the "ah" slot formerly occupied by Cody Anderson? But Carrasco is coming back sometime soonish, right.

To the majors? Spot start? Cleveland is loaded with good pitching. Current rotation is Kluber, Salazar, Tomlin, Bauer and ah ... okay maybe in the "ah" slot formerly occupied by Cody Anderson? But Carrasco is coming back sometime soonish, right.

Once Carassco is back, it will probably go between whoever pitches best between Clevinger and Bauer. I don't see Bauer as a sure thing though he has shown signs.

This list, as currently revised, is really good. Taillon's command is back, which was my only concern for him after undergoing Tommy John surgery. Steamer really likes him ROS, and he has a high probability to make an impact once he comes up in early June. As an added bonus, he was dealing again today at Columbus (6 IP, no runs, no walks, 8 K's).

Good thread idea! Will be cool to see the different perspectives from everyone.

*My list, mostly derived from when I think they will be called up and what the depth chart looks like right now.. and obviously performance once they arrive.

1) AJ Reed, 1B - HOU

2) Blake Snell, SP - TB

3) Orlando Arcia, SS - MIL

4) Robert Stephenson, SP - CIN

5) Mike Clevinger, SP - CLE

6) Jameson Tallion, SP - PIT (just have a feeling he's going to be up before Glasnow.. Hope that's not the case)

7) Joey Gallo, 3B/OF - TEX

8) Trea Turner, SS - WAS

9) Tyler Glasnow, SP - PIT

10) Jose De Leon, SP - LAD

1) Blake Snell (Previous Rank #2)- I expect Tampa to trade one of their starters for some hitting help soon.. Snell, IMO, is the most pro ready prospect in the minor leagues,

2) AJ Reed, 1B (PR#1) - HOU - I think he will be called up later than some of the others on this list, but will finish better ROS than just about everyone besides Snell.

3) Jameson Tallion (PR #6) SP PIT - Looks like more people are jumping on board with this one.. Just can't see them calling up the 22 year old (Glasnow) before the 24 year old when they are both pitching exceptionally well.. Especially with how slow the Pirates have been lately with bringing prospects up through the minors.

4) Trae Turner (PR #8) His time is coming, as soon as he is past the super two (early june?) he will be up.. might have him too low as he could contend for the top spot on the list ROS.

5) Orlando Arcia (PR #3) - SS MIL shortstop of the future for the Brewers, Villar has been playing great but I think they'll find a way to get him in the lineup soon.

6) Josh Hader (PR NR) SP - MIL - I've been an advocate for MIL to keep him down in the minors all season, but it seems like Hader is going to force their hand.. He's been unbeliveable so far in AA..

7) Jose Berrios (PR NR *in majors) - Still believe he carries some value.. Struggled early, but I think he will figure it out some later this year.

8) Tyler Glasnow, (PR #9)- Tallion is going to slow Glasnow down a tad, as I don't think they will both be up at the same time.. But do think both will be up at the end of the year.. Has huge potential, but I think he may struggle early on in the bigs given his changeup is rarely used.. Fulmer and Manaea have both struggled early due to mainly using 2 pitches.. the changeup development will be key here.

9) Cody Reed (PR NR), SP CIN, Cincinatti sucks.. Bring up the young guys and start getting them acclimated to the bigs.. it'll at least give fans something to cheer about and hang their hats on.

10) Aaron Judge NYY (PR NR)- I feel like the Yankees may be making some moves soon, I think they know they don't have the horses to compete in the east this year. Would not be surprised to see a few of their OF get dealt. Judge hasn't been great, but I think they'll give him a shot to see what he can do.

Dropped off:

Joey Gallo - Injury drops him off my list because his development time is cut.. Looking more and more like a late season call up.

Jose De Leon- Injury again.. He can't stay healthy.. I don't see him making it to the bigs unless it's later in the year as well.

Robert Stephenson - Control has been off as of late.. May never get it to where it needs to be, to be a top starter..

Mike Clevinger, SP - CLE (Previous Rank #5) - Called up to the majors, had really good stuff yesterday and wouldn't be surprised to see Bauer moved back to the pen to make room for Clevinger in the rotation once Carrasco comes back. I was high on him for a reason, as I think he's one of the more ready pitching prospects in baseball.

Everything I've read on Reyes says he's unlikely to appear in any fantasy-meaningful way in 2016. He might be the top prospect pitcher in April 2017, but for purposes of this thread I'd keep him off the lists.

*My list, mostly derived from when I think they will be called up and what the depth chart looks like right now.. and obviously performance once they arrive.

1) AJ Reed, 1B - HOU

2) Blake Snell, SP - TB

6) Jameson Tallion, SP - PIT (just have a feeling he's going to be up before Glasnow.. Hope that's not the case)

8) Trea Turner, SS - WAS

1) Blake Snell (Previous Rank #2)- I expect Tampa to trade one of their starters for some hitting help soon.. Snell, IMO, is the most pro ready prospect in the minor leagues,

2) AJ Reed, 1B (PR#1) - HOU - I think he will be called up later than some of the others on this list, but will finish better ROS than just about everyone besides Snell.

3) Jameson Tallion (PR #6) SP PIT - Looks like more people are jumping on board with this one.. Just can't see them calling up the 22 year old (Glasnow) before the 24 year old when they are both pitching exceptionally well.. Especially with how slow the Pirates have been lately with bringing prospects up through the minors.

4) Trae Turner (PR #8) His time is coming, as soon as he is past the super two (early june?) he will be up.. might have him too low as he could contend for the top spot on the list ROS.

5) Orlando Arcia (PR #3) - SS MIL shortstop of the future for the Brewers, Villar has been playing great but I think they'll find a way to get him in the lineup soon.

6) Josh Hader (PR NR) SP - MIL - I've been an advocate for MIL to keep him down in the minors all season, but it seems like Hader is going to force their hand.. He's been unbeliveable so far in AA..

7) Jose Berrios (PR NR *in majors) - Still believe he carries some value.. Struggled early, but I think he will figure it out some later this year.

8) Tyler Glasnow, (PR #9)- Tallion is going to slow Glasnow down a tad, as I don't think they will both be up at the same time.. But do think both will be up at the end of the year.. Has huge potential, but I think he may struggle early on in the bigs given his changeup is rarely used.. Fulmer and Manaea have both struggled early due to mainly using 2 pitches.. the changeup development will be key here.

9) Cody Reed (PR NR), SP CIN, Cincinatti sucks.. Bring up the young guys and start getting them acclimated to the bigs.. it'll at least give fans something to cheer about and hang their hats on.

10) Aaron Judge NYY (PR NR)- I feel like the Yankees may be making some moves soon, I think they know they don't have the horses to compete in the east this year. Would not be surprised to see a few of their OF get dealt. Judge hasn't been great, but I think they'll give him a shot to see what he can do.

Dropped off:

Joey Gallo - Injury drops him off my list because his development time is cut.. Looking more and more like a late season call up.

Jose De Leon- Injury again.. He can't stay healthy.. I don't see him making it to the bigs unless it's later in the year as well.

Robert Stephenson - Control has been off as of late.. May never get it to where it needs to be, to be a top starter..

Mike Clevinger, SP - CLE (Previous Rank #5) - Called up to the majors, had really good stuff yesterday and wouldn't be surprised to see Bauer moved back to the pen to make room for Clevinger in the rotation once Carrasco comes back. I was high on him for a reason, as I think he's one of the more ready pitching prospects in baseball.

The way this list sits & the stuff Cody Reed has shown he would look like a stash now guy then. I curious if others agree..

I have liked everything I've seen but I almost thought with how bad the reds are he wouldn't be until later with Raisel Homer and Lorenzen all coming back at some point. I

1) AJ Reed, 1B - HOU

2) Blake Snell, SP - TB

8) Trea Turner, SS - WAS

Dropped off:

Great list, just wanted to point out it's not a Super 2 thing with Turner it's a year of control thing, which makes the exact date a fixed day rather than a moving target like Super 2

1) AJ Reed, 1B - HOU

2) Blake Snell, SP - TB

8) Trea Turner, SS - WAS

Dropped off:

Great list, just wanted to point out it's not a Super 2 thing with Turner it's a year of control thing, which makes the exact date a fixed day rather than a moving target like Super 2

Thanks Sox, any idea when that is?