Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

33legend

Weekly Prospect Top 10

I personally expect to see De Leon and Cody Reed in the bigs in a few weeks, or shortly after the ASB at the latest. 

1 minute ago, JFS171 said:

I personally expect to see De Leon and Cody Reed in the bigs in a few weeks, or shortly after the ASB at the latest. 

which cody reed? cincy i'm assuming?

Yes, Cinci Cody Reed

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:51 PM, kidtwentytwo said:

Anyone posted a mid season top 100 yet

Keith Law posted an updated Top-25 which went surprisingly under the radar.

From that, the biggest gainers would appear to be Victor Robles, Amed Rosario, and Cody Reed at the back end of the Top-25, each jumping about 20-30 spots.

Torres is having a great year and is climbing as well, as is Kevin Newman in his debut year after being the Pirates 1st rounder last year.  Bregman, Espinosa, Contreras are the other climbers...

Allright, now that Glasnow and Bell have gotten the call ( along with Giolito) who is next in line?

I figure Jose Deleon is probably very close to a call up.  Same with Alex Reyes.

What about Austin Meadows or David Dahl?

I would think Dahl would have the best chance. Meadows has 3 studs blocking him (even though Cutch hasn't been himself this year).

11 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

Allright, now that Glasnow and Bell have gotten the call ( along with Giolito) who is next in line?

I figure Jose Deleon is probably very close to a call up.  Same with Alex Reyes.

What about Austin Meadows or David Dahl?

I wouldn't rule out Andrew Benintendi over both coming up first outfieldwise.  Sox need another OF so normally they wouldn't rush him but things are not normal on the big club and after wasting some minor league pieces on a utility guy (Aaron Hill - and yes their bench sucked but Shaw was improving against lefties so I think they way overpaid for Hill) all remaining prospects should be funneled towards pitching leaving LF an orphan.

In other words nothing but his own ability to fast track rapidly or not is blocking Benintendi from reaching Boston sooner than later.

Of course the original post asked who was next and not limited to just outfielders and that turned out to be Trea Turner but I "degressed".

45 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I wouldn't rule out Andrew Benintendi over both coming up first outfieldwise.  Sox need another OF so normally they wouldn't rush him but things are not normal on the big club and after wasting some minor league pieces on a utility guy (Aaron Hill - and yes their bench sucked but Shaw was improving against lefties so I think they way overpaid for Hill) all remaining prospects should be funneled towards pitching leaving LF an orphan.

In other words nothing but his own ability to fast track rapidly or not is blocking Benintendi from reaching Boston sooner than later.

Of course the original post asked who was next and not limited to just outfielders and that turned out to be Trea Turner but I "degressed".

Wilkerson was having a great year too, and the Sox SP depth isn't amazing....I thought it was a pretty bad trade for Boston TBH. Steal for Milwaukee. Wilkerson will be decent I think, maybe an average MLB pitcher which has serious value.