Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

12 minutes ago, BradMaddox said:

Eloy may still be coming up - more to come tomorrow

This is not a helpful post. Link? Inside info? Gut feeling? Voices in your head?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, STLSU said:

What does this mean?

What this is in reference to is that Rick Hahn will be giving a pre-game conference on Monday (before the 1pm game) regarding all september call ups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BradMaddox said:

Eloy may still be coming up - more to come tomorrow

Whewf. I was getting worried there for a second.

11 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

What this is in reference to is that Rick Hahn will be giving a pre-game conference on Monday (before the 1pm game) regarding all september call ups.

So I guess it’s time to scour the waiver wires again to see if he was dropped....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

So I guess it’s time to scour the waiver wires again to see if he was dropped....

There's still a 50/50 chance here. Immediately after Bob N. made the statement that Eloy was NOT coming up, Rick retailiated by stating he will make a pre-game conference regarding the call ups prior to Monday's game.

To do something like this, leads me to believe there is still a real good shot here that Eloy gets called up...

My suggestion for redrafts is to pick him up wherever available right now and wait until 1pm Monday for the conference.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

There's still a 50/50 chance here. Immediately after Bob N. made the statement that Eloy was NOT coming up, Rick retailiated by stating he will make a pre-game conference regarding the call ups prior to Monday's game.

To do something like this, leads me to believe there is still a real good shot here that Eloy gets called up...

My suggestion for redrafts is to pick him up wherever available right now and wait until 1pm Monday for the conference.

Awesome stuff!  Ahhh....my last time reading the eloy thread hopefully should be today.

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

Oh thanks.  O didn't notice the other 20 times I saw that referenced in articles.

1 minute ago, Elviplatinum said:

So what is the final word of the call up?

As of 1 minute ago,rick hahn will be adressing the media shorty (not that im obsessed with this today.)

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Damn!!! Can we at least see the checklist?

Pretty sure the list item on that checklist is “Is it April 25th of 2019 yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eloy Jimenez  |  LF  |  CWS

Jimenez will not be called up this season, James Fegan of The Athletic Chicago reports.

Spin: 

The White Sox refuted reports Sunday that Jimenez wasn't going to be called up, but general manager Rick Hahn confirmed the reports Monday. The team claims that Jimenez's defense is the reason he'll remain in the minors, but it's quite obvious that service-time concerns are the primary reason. That likely means that Jimenez will be held down for the first few weeks of 2019, only for his defense to be suddenly deemed adequate.

Rotowire telling it like it is

These analytic financial dopes probably would have left Ted Williams in the minors too because of 'bad fielding'.

Edited by AllWrightNow

I've got Eloy on my keeper team and I'm totally looking forward to him getting called up in April 2019.  I think he's going to be worth the wait.

1 hour ago, AllWrightNow said:

Rotowire telling it like it is

These analytic financial dopes probably would have left Ted Williams in the minors too because of 'bad fielding'.

They probably would. Don't blame the FO for making these decisons. Blame the ruling. Unless something gets changed, this is going to continue to happen. We'll have this same discussion again next year when it comes to other prospects.

• Like 2

Instead of requiring these GMs to go through this bull**** pretty little liars game, it seems morally preferrable for ownership to have them say nothing to service time questions.

9 hours ago, STLSU said:

Instead of requiring these GMs to go through this bull**** pretty little liars game, it seems morally preferrable for ownership to have them say nothing to service time questions.

But....but...but Eloy wasn’t ready,his defense needed some work. He’s gonna go work on it at............oh,the minor league season ended?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

They probably would. Don't blame the FO for making these decisons. Blame the ruling. Unless something gets changed, this is going to continue to happen. We'll have this same discussion again next year when it comes to other prospects.

Meh, its because we as fans are used to it. Teams are breaking the CBA in a way that players can't prove they are because how it was written. You can say you don;t blame them now..but if we have a major stoppage because the MLBPA and the Owners due the growing divide. Will you still be happy as a fan if a baseball season is interrupted?

So yes, on a mirco level. I agree, on a Macro level. Its been widing a divide each time it happens. MLBPA just upped its game https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-mlbpa-has-a-new-chief-negotiator/

Both sides are ready for trench warfare more than olive branches right now.

• Like 1

This is a young man's game now.  Stealing a year of early production is what these decisions are tantamount to, and it robs the fans as well of having the best teams on the field.  

• Like 1