Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLE89

Trade Hopkins for Bell?

I'm in a keeper league and a Bell owner offered me the following, should I take it?

Get - Bell, Demaryius and 5th Rounder

Give - Hopkins, 3rd rounder

That's a good deal for you take it and run!

With the limited info provided....I'd take the deal

Everybody just assumes Bell is going to be 100%. He'll be good if healthy, but why trade away the consistency and big-play ability in Hopkins for a butterfingers WR with Mark Sanchez as his QB and an RB who seems to suffer a serious injury every season? I'd decline.

If you can keep players forever, gimme the 23 year old stud WR all day.

Hopkins.

Like Bell better but not enough to go from 3rd to 5th round.

He's getting Demaryius Thomas as well.

I would make the deal in a heartbeat.

Id make the deal as well. I still think DT has a chance to crack top 5 WR. He has a great track record the last 4 years, its just that his TDs were down last year.

Id make the deal as well. I still think DT has a chance to crack top 5 WR. He has a great track record the last 4 years, its just that his TDs were down last year.

Sanchez doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they will go back up.

Sorry guys, it's a two keeper league and we keep players for as long as we want. Keepers take 1st and 2nd rounds but if we don't keep players we pick in those rounds.

Who is your other keeper if you dont trade?

Hopkins.

Like Bell better but not enough to go from 3rd to 5th round.

He's getting Demaryius Thomas as well.

I would make the deal in a heartbeat.

DT doesn't do much for me in a league where you can keep guys forever.

What does the rest of your roster look like? I think I'd rather go with Hopkins and a second round pick than drop 2 rounds and take them. This guy is fleecing younger that I look at it more. Assuming he has another keeper quality person, he's trading his second and third round players, of which he can only keep 1 for a second round guy and a third round pick.

I don't really have a second player worth keeping so I would most likely be picking in the 2nd round with Hopkins as my only keeper this year. I'd be hoping someone good gets thrown back but we can trade players/draft picks so thats not a guarantee

I don't really have a second player worth keeping so I would most likely be picking in the 2nd round with Hopkins as my only keeper this year. I'd be hoping someone good gets thrown back but we can trade players/draft picks so thats not a guarantee

Does he have a different keeper? If so, you would be getting one of his keepers for free, instead of giving him a great deal.

Everybody just assumes Bell is going to be 100%. He'll be good if healthy, but why trade away the consistency and big-play ability in Hopkins for a butterfingers WR with Mark Sanchez as his QB and an RB who seems to suffer a serious injury every season? I'd decline.

Paxton Lynch is gonna be Denver's starter. They're giving him the reps to be the man.

With Mark Sanchez (thumb surgery) not expected to participate in OTAs, Paxton Lynch will see expanded first-team reps.
"Just watching him, I think he'll catch up pretty quick," said coach Gary Kubiak after rookie minicamp. The 26th overall pick in the draft, Lynch stands 6-foot-7, 244 and has dual-threat mobility, which will mesh well in Kubiak's bootleg-centric offense. Sanchez is a short-term placeholder at best. If Lynch practices and plays well in the preseason, he should be given a serious look to start in Week 1 against the Panthers. May 23 - 6:10 PM

Paxton Lynch is gonna be Denver's starter. They're giving him the reps to be the man.

With Mark Sanchez (thumb surgery) not expected to participate in OTAs, Paxton Lynch will see expanded first-team reps.
"Just watching him, I think he'll catch up pretty quick," said coach Gary Kubiak after rookie minicamp. The 26th overall pick in the draft, Lynch stands 6-foot-7, 244 and has dual-threat mobility, which will mesh well in Kubiak's bootleg-centric offense. Sanchez is a short-term placeholder at best. If Lynch practices and plays well in the preseason, he should be given a serious look to start in Week 1 against the Panthers. May 23 - 6:10 PM

Lynch had a good first day...but it's still a very long shot that he's the starter before mid-season at the earliest. It's literally the first day of OTA's lol

Siemian looked really sharp too. What a cannon on that kid.

Does he have a different keeper? If so, you would be getting one of his keepers for free, instead of giving him a great deal.

No, DT is probably his 2nd best player and I think he'll keep him. His pitch is basically that DT has been a top 5 receiver for the past few years (2015 excluded) and will return to WR1 status, plus he's throwing in Bell.

Hopkins was great last year but I think Bell is better and if DT comes back to form I think I come ahead on this deal but was just curious what you guys thought.

Hopkins is going to have more competition, and Lamar Miller entered the fray for touches so I can see him maybe dipping and DT ascending this year from a historically down year.

No, DT is probably his 2nd best player and I think he'll keep him. His pitch is basically that DT has been a top 5 receiver for the past few years (2015 excluded) and will return to WR1 status, plus he's throwing in Bell.

Hopkins was great last year but I think Bell is better and if DT comes back to form I think I come ahead on this deal but was just curious what you guys thought.

Hopkins is going to have more competition, and Lamar Miller entered the fray for touches so I can see him maybe dipping and DT ascending this year from a historically down year.

DT turns 29 this year and has Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball.

I don't understand the 'DT just had a down year' rhetoric. His best fantasy years are likely behind him.

Sorry guys, it's a two keeper league and we keep players for as long as we want. Keepers take 1st and 2nd rounds but if we don't keep players we pick in those rounds.

Is the league PPR? What is QB scoring like?

The Maximum number of keepers is 24, how many people usually keep 2?

Would you have the first pick in the draft if you keep 0?