Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLE89

Trade Hopkins for Bell?

I'd do it.

I love LeVeon Bell this year and I think people are overrating the Peyton Manning factor on D-Train. Thomas was very good with Tebow and Kyle Orton. Certain guys like Brandon Marshall AJ Green and Alshon Jeffery for instance are impactful no matter where they play and I think Thomas is built in the same mold. At worst he's a high end WR2. Do the deal.

I don't really have a second player worth keeping so I would most likely be picking in the 2nd round with Hopkins as my only keeper this year. I'd be hoping someone good gets thrown back but we can trade players/draft picks so thats not a guarantee

Does he have a different keeper? If so, you would be getting one of his keepers for free, instead of giving him a great deal.

No, DT is probably his 2nd best player and I think he'll keep him. His pitch is basically that DT has been a top 5 receiver for the past few years (2015 excluded) and will return to WR1 status, plus he's throwing in Bell.

Hopkins was great last year but I think Bell is better and if DT comes back to form I think I come ahead on this deal but was just curious what you guys thought.

Hopkins is going to have more competition, and Lamar Miller entered the fray for touches so I can see him maybe dipping and DT ascending this year from a historically down year.

If he really believed DT would be a WR1, he wouldn't make the offer with you.