Patrick Bateman

Rotoworld Software Upgrade Questions and Feedback

15 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Once I let it go, but I just had this happen for a second time:

I'll write a message and go to hit "Submit" but the "Submit" button will be stuck on "Saving" forever. Then I have to copy my post and refresh the page to post it. Stupid.

Sounds like a server-side kink. Let us know if it becomes a frequent issue.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:41 PM, SuperJoint said:

Just a suggestion but it is based upon a perception that forum traffic is significantly reduced since the upgrade. 

I understand what the mods are trying to do with a "universal game day thread" for that day's games. It keeps the forum clean and limits worthless responses to individual player threads.

However - tonight's game thread would be a nice example of why this no longer makes sense: Tonight's game thread has about 2.5 pages and the games are nearly over. It's impossible to have a sustained conversation about a particular player when there is no longer the amount of traffic to consistently comment about how particular players are performing. Add this to the newbs who post in the player thread anyway - which the mods do not lock, likely due to the continued drop in readership not making it an issue anymore - and you have a disjointed conversation about players in real time. 

It seems as though the "game day threads" discourage - rather than encourage - posts, particularly with the recent sharp drop in participation. Just an observation and I appreciate all you guys do.

Agreed 1000%. 

Still don't think the search is working right guys.I do a search for a player (just tried Blackmon for example) and chose 'topics' from the drop down bar before clicking search, And it brings up loads of topics, ones with his name in the thread not just the topic heading. I just want a quick way to find player threads, it was easy finding them before the update as it would just search for headings, now it's much harder (Blackmon's player thread isn't even on the 1st page of search results).

2 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Still don't think the search is working right guys.I do a search for a player (just tried Blackmon for example) and chose 'topics' from the drop down bar before clicking search, And it brings up loads of topics, ones with his name in the thread not just the topic heading. I just want a quick way to find player threads, it was easy finding them before the update as it would just search for headings, now it's much harder (Blackmon's player thread isn't even on the 1st page of search results).

Came here to post the same thing.  I know they said some of the search functionality would sort itself out in a few days. Are we still waiting on this piece of functionality or is this the way it's going to be ?

Edited by fletch44

3 hours ago, swfcdan said:

I just use google now.

EDIT: Try this in google:

site:forums.rotoworld.com "fantasy-football-talk" "Justin Blackmon"

Edited by Iron-cock

App, design, site, whatever you wanna call. This upgrade is pretty sweet. Its super friendly for us mobile users. Thanks for making this happen, RW! Best thing up to date on here.

I love the fact that when you get a "quote replay" you get a notice ontop of your taskbae. Especially for Galaxy users like myself. Super dope.  Thanks again.

On 6/20/2016 at 7:21 AM, swfcdan said:

The rebuild is nearly complete so the search function is working.  Unfortunately, the nature of the search function has been changed by the software designer.  No longer will it strictly search by word in title in a specific forum.  What it will do is search by specific word in a forum and titles should (I stress should) pop up near the top of the search.  Remember you do have designate to search "this forum" and titles should appear near the top.  This is not a change we are in favor of and we have bubbled up feedback to bring back the old search parameters, but this is what we got thus far.

On 6/20/2016 at 8:21 AM, swfcdan said:

On 6/20/2016 at 11:11 AM, fletch44 said:

Came here to post the same thing.  I know they said some of the search functionality would sort itself out in a few days. Are we still waiting on this piece of functionality or is this the way it's going to be ?

On 6/20/2016 at 11:36 AM, Iron-cock said:

I just use google now.

EDIT: Try this in google:

site:forums.rotoworld.com "fantasy-football-talk" "Justin Blackmon"

Like Patrick Bateman said, selecting "This Forum" from the dropdown menu consistently brings up the thread you're searching for. I tried with 15 different players, including Blackmon, and the desired thread was listed at the top each time. I recommend doing it this way rather than searching for topics, which spans across the Forum.

"This Forum" seems to work better but it doesn't necessarily bring your search criteria to the top. I searched "Braun" and the George Springer thread came to the stop (Braun thread was second). I searched Chapman and the Aroldis thread came up in 15th result.

10 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

"This Forum" seems to work better but it doesn't necessarily bring your search criteria to the top. I searched "Braun" and the George Springer thread came to the stop (Braun thread was second). I searched Chapman and the Aroldis thread came up in 15th result.

If your intended search doesn't come up immediately, you can click on "[Search] in content titles only."

1e370890a15f5fc255928a27d4cbf1cc.png

If you do that, the intended search should always show up on top. Whether this is a more efficient search function than the previous one is certainly up for debate, but an extra click after using the quick search isn't too bad. Just make sure you still select "This Forum" before the initial search so that you filter out all the AC/BC threads

What "The Harsh" said works pretty well for me.  

Edited by Iron-cock

On 6/21/2016 at 6:06 PM, The Harsh said:

Like Patrick Bateman said, selecting "This Forum" from the dropdown menu consistently brings up the thread you're searching for. I tried with 15 different players, including Blackmon, and the desired thread was listed at the top each time. I recommend doing it this way rather than searching for topics, which spans across the Forum.

Thanks Harsh choosing "this forum" seems to work for me, tried a few guys and they all come out on the top now who didn't before. A bit annoying to have to click this forum each time when you want to do a search (would be nice to be able to set a default option) but at least it seems to work now.

Can someone tell me how to remove signatures visibility? I remembered reading that its possible now but don't know how to do it.

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Can someone tell me how to remove signatures visibility? I remembered reading that its possible now but don't know how to do it.

Maybe this issue has been mentioned by somebody else - when I hit back in my browser it does not go back but instead stays on the current page.  My URL bar will show the URL changing to the previous page, but the browser remains on the current page and resets to the top.  It doesn't completely break the browsing experience on here but it is certainly annoying at times.

I can't clear text in the "quote" box, its frozen with a quote that I didn't intend to respond to...in fact it has the same quote box stacked four times in a row! 

So when I click on the "reply" tab at the bottom of a thread, it pre-loads with old "quotes" that are no longer relevant. 

Edited by Pernil
but its only in one thread, i can post here it looks...

When I'm in Fantasy Basebal Forum I get this when I hit the back button on my iphone 6s

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/4-fantasy-baseball-talk/ was not found on this server.

On 6/26/2016 at 5:54 PM, Pernil said:

I can't clear text in the "quote" box, its frozen with a quote that I didn't intend to respond to...in fact it has the same quote box stacked four times in a row! 

So when I click on the "reply" tab at the bottom of a thread, it pre-loads with old "quotes" that are no longer relevant. 

I have had similar issues with quote boxes. I'll go to post in a particular thread and they'll be text that I had either quoted previously or started to quote in a post in a previous session and stopped. Not exactly sure what is going on but it seems to remember what you quoted in a previous session and starts the post with that quote. Then removing these quotes isn't as intuitive as it should be so that takes a minute or two.  

On 6/26/2016 at 1:49 AM, Jamaro85 said:

Maybe this issue has been mentioned by somebody else - when I hit back in my browser it does not go back but instead stays on the current page.  My URL bar will show the URL changing to the previous page, but the browser remains on the current page and resets to the top.  It doesn't completely break the browsing experience on here but it is certainly annoying at times.

Are you still having this issue?

On 6/26/2016 at 5:54 PM, Pernil said:

On 6/28/2016 at 8:20 AM, fletch44 said:

I have had similar issues with quote boxes. I'll go to post in a particular thread and they'll be text that I had either quoted previously or started to quote in a post in a previous session and stopped. Not exactly sure what is going on but it seems to remember what you quoted in a previous session and starts the post with that quote. Then removing these quotes isn't as intuitive as it should be so that takes a minute or two.  

You guys most likely had the MultiQuote feature enabled. The easiest way to clear this in any threads where you may have turned it on is to clear your cache. However, we can look into finding a simpler way, i.e., a side-scrolling pop-up that lets you opt out of MultiQuote in real-time. Does that sound like a good solution?

On 6/27/2016 at 2:28 PM, coleporter said:

When I'm in Fantasy Basebal Forum I get this when I hit the back button on my iphone 6s

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/4-fantasy-baseball-talk/ was not found on this server.

I believe this was a server-side issue. It should be fixed now.

21 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

Are you still having this issue?

You guys most likely had the MultiQuote feature enabled. The easiest way to clear this in any threads where you may have turned it on is to clear your cache. However, we can look into finding a simpler way, i.e., a side-scrolling pop-up that lets you opt out of MultiQuote in real-time. Does that sound like a good solution?

I believe this was a server-side issue. It should be fixed now.

Still not fixed

3 minutes ago, coleporter said:

Still not fixed

Okay, we'll forward it to the IPS team. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

I found it.  Kind of miss having it on the post where it was easy to copy and paste.  This format seems to work:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/596010-rotoworld-software-upgrade-questions-and-feedback/?page=11#comment-6466252

You should still be able to do that. Click on the share button (top right of the post) and it should already be highlighted and ready to be copied.