davidgoretiz

Nick Senzel- 3B Reds

A lot of noise about a potential call-up this week (Friday) but that could be just noise. He did hit his first HR last night though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoadApple said:

A lot of noise about a potential call-up this week (Friday) but that could be just noise. He did hit his first HR last night though.

From who?

1 minute ago, RoadApple said:

image.png.9202b3e7298de59f8b0b4a9287fff7bd.png

Senzel isn't connected to Boras so I'm inclined to believe it. 

• Like 1

Would be nice to see. But we want him ready to play, with no chance of being sent back down within a week or two. Might be worth it for him to stay in AAA for another couple of weeks?

• Like 1

MiLB First Pitch app (news) reporting it as well. 

"

By Chris Bumbaca | April 30, 2019 7:47 PM ET

The Reds stashed Nick Senzel in the Minor Leagues to start the season with the expectation he wouldn't spend much time there. 

An injury pushed back the initial timeline, but the plan has come to fruition, with the top Reds prospect expected to make his Major League debut on Friday against the Giants in Cincinnati, MLB Pipeline's Jonathan Mayo reported."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where does this kid's value lie? BA? I know nothing about him, but looking at his minor league numbers, he doesn't seem that exciting from a fantasy perspective.

4 hours ago, Deke said:

Where does this kid's value lie? BA? I know nothing about him, but looking at his minor league numbers, he doesn't seem that exciting from a fantasy perspective.

I think he is balanced and that is where his value comes from. It is going to be boring (hopefully because that would mean he is healthy), but boring isn't always a bad thing. I think he has a solid approach and is solid across the board. I think projectability is a little skewed when you look at his age and assume he is 23 and reaching his prospect upside because injuries have robbed him of so much development and experience and continuity. He is versatile in the field. I think it is mostly about health with him. 

Not much hype for the 2nd overall pick in 2016, high average high obp, hitting in great park, 23 so he could make an impact right away as he will gets AB’s. Of course injuries have slowed him down over the past 2 years but if he’s healthy can he hit a line of 285/345  15/15 ROS? 

1 hour ago, Ry34No said:

Not much hype for the 2nd overall pick in 2016, high average high obp, hitting in great park, 23 so he could make an impact right away as he will gets AB’s. Of course injuries have slowed him down over the past 2 years but if he’s healthy can he hit a line of 285/345  15/15 ROS? 

Probably under on the steals, but the rest of that line seems reasonable

Reminder, asking specific add/drop questions is a function of the Bench Coach Help Forum, not the player threads. Thanks. 

15 hours ago, Ry34No said:

I wouldn't say there isn't much hype around Senzel. I think his injury history has made health a really big part of his value equation. I think it will be interesting to see where they hit him in the order and I think his steals will be dictated by that. I expect him to be balanced and decent/playable in his rookie year, but really all I want or care about is for him to be healthy. 

5 hours ago, lavaman said:

What's the latest news on his call up?

I am pretty sure it is tomorrow, but that is just widely reported/speculated and not directly from the Reds