davidgoretiz

Nick Senzel- 3B Reds

There's a good article on The Athletic about him.

Obviously can't share what's in it because of the forum rules, but it's there. At least he seems to be taking it well. 

It's so early especially in the MiLB season that he can get his average up rather quickly.  Remember we are talking about a 70 Hit tool score.

Realistically speaking however, I don't see the point in calling him up for 2 weeks or so especially on a losing team.  So I'll agree with @JFS179 provided a trade or injury occurs to Peraza, Gennett, or Suarez has a setback for some very unlikely reason.

I do think Suarez or Senzel can handle SS.  Peraza is just not a good bat and SS is not his original position anyway.  His D is pretty solid but not at the cost of a .550- .630 OPS (League avg. is usually around .700ish).

So this weekend after that weather break he went:

1/3, 1BB, 1K

1/3, 1 R, 2BB, 2 SB (stole twice second), 1 CS (on an attempt of third)

1/5, 1 3B, 1K

He's still not forcing the issue. I guess it's mildly interesting that Senzel played 3B in all three weekend games (Fri/Sat/Sun), but Suarez is coming back soon, so I don't think it really matters anymore. Seems like he's a longways off right now.

• Like 1

Suarez already on rehab assignment. 

Forget about Senzel for now... 

9 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

Suarez already on rehab assignment. 

Forget about Senzel for now... 

Unfortunately, you're right.  He's having a pretty bad season as a whole so far, but it was still pretty idiotic to not call him up in my opinion.  The opportunity has pretty much passed, so maybe sometime before the season is over...

With Suarez back soon do we think he’s gonna be exclusively 2nd again?

Edited by Chubbles

1 hour ago, Philoumenos said:

Haha, f--- me, I just cut him yesterday. 

Part of of me almost hopes this is just a move preparing for Suarez or something. Otherwise I suck. 

You have to think Suarez is still a ways away... just starting his rehab now and he was supposed to miss like 8 (?) weeks. Haven't heard anything about Senzel though.

9 minutes ago, smeeze said:

You have to think Suarez is still a ways away... just starting his rehab now and he was supposed to miss like 8 (?) weeks. Haven't heard anything about Senzel though.

Once you play in rehab games as a hitter, you're like a week away. Suarez is going to blow his original timetable away.

Given the Reds start and their coaching change, I think Senzel is going to be held back for a bit (Super-2).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Once you play in rehab games as a hitter, you're like a week away. Suarez is going to blow his original timetable away.

Given the Reds start and their coaching change, I think Senzel is going to be held back for a bit (Super-2).

That's what I was afraid of initially after the years-of-service date passed and they didn't seem to be in any hurry to call him up, especially with Suarez going down.  Looks like we'll be waiting until at least June now...

he isn't doing anything to make the Reds FO want to call him up

hitting .231 with a .654 OPS

• Like 1

Nice to see Acuna put on a show in Cinci while the reds rotate Blandino and Gennett at 2B for the hometown fans. To be fair, I am not sure how the Reds would have their 5 wins without Scooter in the middle of that order.... 

@jwagnerblade: #Reds top prospect Nick Senzel may have injured himself diving for a ground ball.

He is leaving @louisville's game against @MudHens after rolling on his wrist.

@jwagnerblade: Senzel dove for ball in @LouisvilleBats game ... seemed to roll awkwardly on his left (glove) wrist. Rolled in pain almost immediately.

@JeffSvoboda: #Reds top prospect Nick Senzel leaving the game in Toledo. Dove for a ball at second base and landed awkwardly. Appeared to be his shoulder. He walked off the field immediately after getting up.

So he was hitting like .235 and now he's hurt. Not sure I can stash this anymore If he is gonna miss any length of real time. Minor league players aren't eligible for the DL spots and we play really short benches. 

The Reds are a dumpster fire in the decision making category. 

Holding till further news. 

• Like 1