davidgoretiz

Nick Senzel- 3B Reds

Scooter Gennett is dealing with some kind of shoulder issue (He hasnt been throwing well all month) and is getting an MRI. Depending on the severity, this could be Senzel's opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Selfishly I'm happy about this because I was going to see him Friday night, haha. Sorry ya'll! Looks like CIN is staying firm on Super 2 in what looks like a lost season for them.

Left tonight's game after one AB and Herrera promoted to Triple-A. Seems like a chance for a call-up but not sure.

Definitely could be the shoulder but Rosecreans is also not actually confirming that he's not being called up. He's just not willing to speculate. 

31 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

Definitely could be the shoulder but Rosecreans is also not actually confirming that he's not being called up. He's just not willing to speculate. 

He said he is reporting that he is not coming up, not speculating. I’m praying that there’s a chance though!

21 minutes ago, wh3931110 said:

He said he is reporting that he is not coming up, not speculating. I’m praying that there’s a chance though!

So you’ve got Amir Garrett being placed on the bereavement list creating an open spot on the roster, another opening on the 40 man roster, Scooter Gennett dealing with a shoulder injury, and Senzel being taken out after his first at bat tonight. Certainly could be he aggravated something in his one at bat but it looks a lot more like signs of a potential call-up to me.

37 minutes ago, wh3931110 said:

No, he's reporting that he's not coming up but he didn't say Reds front office has confirmed Senzel will not be coming up. He is relaying that he has no news to report and is unwilling to speculate. 

Edited by ryno1980

1 hour ago, ryno1980 said:

No, he's reporting that he's not coming up but he didn't say Reds front office has confirmed Senzel will not be coming up. He is relaying that he has no news to report and is unwilling to speculate. 

Incorrect - he reported there has been no further word on why he was pulled except that it wasn't for a call up. That much he was able to confirm. No call up.

"What I know right now: Nick Senzel IS NOT being called up."

"No further word on why Senzel left, but it is not because he’s being called up by Reds"

There is no ambiguity or unwillingness to speculate in either of those quotes.

Edited by Dark One
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark One said:

Incorrect - he reported there has been no further word on why he was pulled except that it wasn't for a call up. That much he was able to confirm. No call up.

"What I know right now: Nick Senzel IS NOT being called up."

"No further word on why Senzel left, but it is not because he’s being called up by Reds"

There is no ambiguity or unwillingness to speculate in either of those quotes.

He wrote on twitter.com. "I do not speculate."   

https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/992184969945600011

He has not been able to confirm anything about Senzel at this time is what I stated about ctrent and that is the case. What he knows right now is Senzel IS NOT being called up." That's the same thing we all know.

Edited by ryno1980

He is just reporting that he knows that he will not be called up but that he can't confirm if he will be called up or not called up and he is not confirming that he heard he will be called up but he could be called up just not according to him. 

Sound about right? 

9 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

He is just reporting that he knows that he will not be called up but that he can't confirm if he will be called up or not called up and he is not confirming that he heard he will be called up but he could be called up just not according to him. 

Sound about right? 

Who's on first....wait is who being called up...who is who????

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, ryno1980 said:

What he knows right now is Senzel IS NOT being called up.

This is all that matters. I have no idea what else you've been trying to say here. You previously stated "but he didn't say Reds front office has confirmed Senzel will not be coming up" which was incorrect. It was incorrect for precisely the reason you mentioned - he does not speculate, he reports. He wouldn't say Senzel is not being called up if he wasn't reporting it as fact.

At any rate, the reason for his absence is finally known:

• Thanks 1

This is obviously not a positive development.  Vertigo is one of the most difficult things to treat.  If it symptomatic of an underlying issue, like Meniere's Disease, it is very troubling.  Hopefully just a glitch, but for a young guy to already be experiencing these symptoms it is concerning. 

Agreed - I was discouraged when I read that and hopefully it's just a short lived minor issue.

2 hours ago, Dark One said:

This is all that matters. I have no idea what else you've been trying to say here. You previously stated "but he didn't say Reds front office has confirmed Senzel will not be coming up" which was incorrect. It was incorrect for precisely the reason you mentioned - he does not speculate, he reports. He wouldn't say Senzel is not being called up if he wasn't reporting it as fact.

At any rate, the reason for his absence is finally known:

Yes, I misspoke about confirming. He didn’t cite anything on the record from anyone obviously. 

What I thought I was simply saying was it seemed like ctrent was being told that it wasn’t happening last night. Seemed like it had potential to be an “I’ll report it when they confirm it situation.” No need for any drama.

Why do I get the feeling that I'm gonna hold this through the All Star break while he just chills in the minors all year. Knicked up and now the vertigo is back. It's getting harder and harder to hold on here, someone convince me to HODL. 

On 5/6/2018 at 11:03 AM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Why do I get the feeling that I'm gonna hold this through the All Star break while he just chills in the minors all year. Knicked up and now the vertigo is back. It's getting harder and harder to hold on here, someone convince me to HODL. 

Reds confident Senzel will be back in action soon Published: Thursday, May 10, 2018 @ 5:18 PM

Having him 'back soon' and having him without any symptoms long-term are obviously two different things.  Not trying to fear monger, but having issues with vertigo at this young age are not good news.  See Meniere's Disease.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Having him 'back soon' and having him without any symptoms long-term are obviously two different things.  Not trying to fear monger, but having issues with vertigo at this young age are not good news.  See Meniere's Disease.

Per mine above: https://www.milb.com/milb/news/top-cincinnati-reds-prospect-nick-senzel-goes-on-seven-day-dl-with-vertigo/c-276169530

My wife has spats of vertigo.  Sometimes they’re several months part sometimes it bothers her for a week.  It’s not really curable in her case.  Certain things can bring it on.  There’s different levels of severity though.  One can usually live life tho. Not sure there’s enough info out there to push the panic button on Senzel yet.

• Like 1

Hope this vertigo isn't chronic.

I actually had a similar condition in my late teens and early twenties.  It would occur about every six months when I woke up.  Went away after a few years,

Reds infield prospect Nick Senzel (vertigo) is expected to return to the lineup at Triple-A Louisville in about a week.

Senzel is on the Triple-A disabled list after experiencing a recurrence of vertigo symptoms in early May. It's something he also dealt with last season. The ultra-talented 22-year-old was hitting .271/.351/.459 with three home runs and three stolen bases through 22 games this season for the Louisville Bats. He should make his MLB debut at some point this summer.