det_tigers

Dennis Schröder 2016-2017 Season Outlook

J.Teague is out of town (traded to Indiana) and the return was #12 from Utah (3-way deal).

Looking like he will get the job.

If Horford also moves on, look out!

I cant see Horford staying with ATL.

I like Schroder value next season and he will be a mid round guy. Probably have to take him round 4-5.

Pretty much expect smiliar numbers Teague put up last season, but worse in fg% and turnovers. Probably something like:

1 3pg

1 spg

41%

80%

3.7 to

Edited by young_styler

Teague was hurt last year.  When healthy I think he's a better option than Schroder.  But Schroder probably more exciting and will break out and have some monster games

Schroder isn't that good.

I'm wondering if Atlanta is still looking for other options at point guard.

4 hours ago, tremixt said:

Schroder isn't that good.

I'm wondering if Atlanta is still looking for other options at point guard.

I wonder that as well. Just because they traded Teague doesn't mean they're out of the market for a starting PG.

He was a bit out of control on the court, but may be able to improve. He was good for a late round/speculative add.. That career <.420 FG% really pushes me away from him though

LOL @ bringing in another PG.   The job belongs to Schroder, this has been in the works for over a year.  Bringing in another starting calibre PG would be redundant and just recreate the same log jam all over again.

Schroder's perimeter shooting has always been and still is a work in progress, but the main issues were shot selection and turnovers.  Watching him play he would try to do too much with his limited minutes, probably due to being stuck behind Teague.  Now being handed the reigns as the franchise PG, I expect much better efficiency and pace to his game.

Reminds me if jrue holiday this season. He force the issue when under limited minutes. Finished strong when limits gone.

Edited by rob0403

4 hours ago, wildcat62 said:

Wish this would have happened at the deadline last year.

I kept him in my keeper league as I was hoping for this move to occur, its going to be a darn fun ride...

Edited by chud12

haha the only way that Schroder isn't the starting PG in ATL is if they somehow pull off a trade for Westbrook.. then he'd be the starting PG in OKC.

Kris Humphries said the Hawks expect Dennis Schroder to elevate his game to another level next season.
With Jeff Teague now in Indiana, Schroder will open the 2016-17 season as the unquestioned starting PG. "I think Coach [Mike Budenholzer] and all of us teammates expect him to bring his game to another level now that he’s getting the opportunity that he’s wanted," Humphries said. Schroder averaged 13.7 points, 3.8 boards, 5.5 assists, 0.8 steals and 1.5 triples on 38.8 percent shooting in six starts last season, but it will be interesting to see how he fares as the full-time starter in Atlanta.

Just in case anyone was wondering what Kris Humphries expects from Schroder.

Expecting some big numbers along with high turnovers and low FG% which will likely translate to mid round value in 9-CAT - solid pick if you don't mind the hit in those two cats 

I'm high on this guy. I would like to see him be controlled because he has the speed and quickness to breakdown players on the drive. If he can hit the open shots that he constantly gets, it's easy buckets.

On August 7, 2016 at 0:49 PM, Ruspin Ruxin said:
Kris Humphries said the Hawks expect Dennis Schroder to elevate his game to another level next season.
With Jeff Teague now in Indiana, Schroder will open the 2016-17 season as the unquestioned starting PG. "I think Coach [Mike Budenholzer] and all of us teammates expect him to bring his game to another level now that he’s getting the opportunity that he’s wanted," Humphries said. Schroder averaged 13.7 points, 3.8 boards, 5.5 assists, 0.8 steals and 1.5 triples on 38.8 percent shooting in six starts last season, but it will be interesting to see how he fares as the full-time starter in Atlanta.

Just in case anyone was wondering what Kris Humphries expects from Schroder.

I think this was the funniest post I've seen in a while. I somehow missed it a couple of weeks ago. Kris Humphries... lol. 

PG #2 that will be overdrafted. his poor efficiency makes Rd 4/5 his ceiling imo. I see him in the Lin and Elfrid tier. 

Edited by patentboy23

They are bold numbers, but they're not too far off. I'm thinking around 16 ppg, 1.3 tpg, 2.8 rpg, 6.5 apg, 1.4 spg with 42% FG and 79% FT. He could outdo both of our predictions.

Injured ankle already. Hope it doesn't linger. Hawks don't have any depth at all right now with Jack still out.

I have here question: who and why would you choose earlier: Schröder or D'Angelo Russell?

Dennis over D'angelo easy? I don't think that's such an easy choice. In fact I'd probably go with D'angelo.