Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Correa

2016 Fantasy Football Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc..

How do you make an ESPN keeper league work since you can't insert players into specific draft slots? For example if we have 5 keepers and I want to insert David Johnson in as a 10th rounder, how would that even work or would we be forced to hold an offline draft? With Yahoo you can insert players into specific rounds pretty easily and this has always been the number 1 reason why I haven't moved my keeper league to ESPN.

Edited by Carlos Correa

How do you make an ESPN keeper league work since you can't insert players into specific draft slots? For example if we have 5 keepers and I want to insert David Johnson in as a 10th rounder, how would that even work or would we be forced to hold an offline draft? With Yahoo you can insert players into specific rounds pretty easily and this has always been the number 1 reason why I haven't moved my keeper league to ESPN.

As far as I know, you can't do this in Espn. My keeper league with espn just has the 4 keepers take up the first four picks, but I have never seen any ability to choose which rounds they will be taken. Pretty sure you would need to do an offline draft

Pro Leagues are live since last Monday & Cash Leagues open next week.

Other updates:

- Weather data for all games (available per player and we'll have a table with all games on Research)

* no weather to show now so far from games but the feature is built and in the game

- League logos for private leagues

- IR spot now allows players with the following statuses:

* IR

* IR-R

* PUP - preseason

* PUP - reg season

* Out

Coming soon

- updated player ranks (should help IDPs particularly)

- new app mid-summer

Edited by Bunt Cakes

Does anyone know of a hosting site (preferably a free one) that offers a feature of giving an extra win to the teams in the top half of scoring and an extra loss to the teams in the bottom half of scoring? I know MFL does this, but if there is a cheaper or free site that does it, that would be ideal.  

49 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Try the league finder service forum

I'm pretty sure he's in the right spot. That forum is for finding leagues to join.

But no, don't think there are any free sites like that.

Have you looked at fleaflicker? They have a lot of scoring options that maybe can be of help for you. 

1 hour ago, ajlynema said:

Have you looked at fleaflicker? They have a lot of scoring options that maybe can be of help for you. 

Not yet, but I will now. 

12 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm pretty sure he's in the right spot. That forum is for finding leagues to join.

But no, don't think there are any free sites like that.

Was he not looking for a "league " or league host that offers a certain type of scoring? Plus wouldn't a forum where more people are looking for unique leagues and owners be of help in this situation? It wasn't spite, it was an honest peices of advice. I sure as hell don't know. He might find his hosting site through a league offering this scoring. Better chance then people looking to shoot the shxt

Edited by vikingapocalypse

14 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Was he not looking for a "league " or league host that offers a certain type of scoring? Plus wouldn't a forum where more people are looking for unique leagues and owners be of help in this situation? It wasn't spite, it was an honest peices of advice. I sure as hell don't know. He might find his hosting site through a league offering this scoring. Better chance then people looking to shoot the shxt

No. He's looking for a site that supports his league's scoring. No big deal. You're just telling him to go to the wrong place.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

No. He's looking for a site that supports his league's scoring. No big deal. You're just telling him to go to the wrong place.

Lol so your saying a forum that helps set up leagues, with people doing all kinds of different scoring, through a bunch of different hosts, wouldn't offer any help to this question? I didn't say he had to post the question. Nor did i say that he was in the wrong place. But merely to TRY browing the forum. Browsing it could sure help him find his answer.  

Cause he's getting so much help here. 

Not quite sure why you felt the need to quote or question viable advice either. If he can't find his answer, hed be doing himself a disservice not to check it out. Are you saying he definitely shouldn't go there? That's wrong?

It's OK tho, no big deal.

Edited by vikingapocalypse

Footballguys' Draft Dominator is out for iPhone.  Nice tool for doing mocks if your leagues have keepers, draft pick trades, etc.

While we're axing about platforms, I'd like to find a place where I could have two independent conferences--one full NFL player pool for each conference.

MFL Deluxe Leagues can do it, but they cost like $160.

I want free.

2 questions

1st - I am looking to do an auction league and wanted to do a total budget of $200 per team, meaning whatever is left over after the draft that amount is rolled forward for the FABB.  I wasn't sure if ESPN would allow the LM to adjust each teams FABB budget after the draft or if every team is given the same amount.  I wanted to go with one of the free sites (ie ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/NFL), do any of those sites allow the LM to make those type of adjustments or would going with a pay site be the best way for this?

2nd - Do any of the free sites do rotisserie style leagues?  I did a quick search and didn't really see that as an option on a few of them.

1 hour ago, Baxter said:

2 questions

1st - I am looking to do an auction league and wanted to do a total budget of $200 per team, meaning whatever is left over after the draft that amount is rolled forward for the FABB.  I wasn't sure if ESPN would allow the LM to adjust each teams FABB budget after the draft or if every team is given the same amount.  I wanted to go with one of the free sites (ie ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/NFL), do any of those sites allow the LM to make those type of adjustments or would going with a pay site be the best way for this?

2nd - Do any of the free sites do rotisserie style leagues?  I did a quick search and didn't really see that as an option on a few of them.

Fleaflicker does Roto leagues. And it's free. Very custimizable as well. Not sure about the FAAB part as I host my dynasty league on it and don't use FAAB (yet). 

On 6/29/2016 at 2:43 PM, Axe Elf said:

While we're axing about platforms, I'd like to find a place where I could have two independent conferences--one full NFL player pool for each conference.

MFL Deluxe Leagues can do it, but they cost like $160.

I want free.

My main league is like that and we use MFL.  I believe it's the only site that allows for the format we have.  We have 24 teams so that fee gets split up between everyone and is part of the entry fee.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My main league is like that and we use MFL.  I believe it's the only site that allows for the format we have. 

I was afraid of that.

9 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I was afraid of that.

I suppose it's possible there is another site out there but the last time it was brought up to our manager he said MFL was the only option.  I've gotten so use to it the it doesn't bother me at all and I actually really enjoy the site.  The cost really isn't that big of deal with that many teams.

Going to sound like a broken record but try fleaflicker. It's MFL lite and free. I don't know about the double player pool. Are there going to be crossover games during the season? If not, just make two separate leagues and do hand scoring for the title game. 

Just checked. They don't allow individual player pools like that. But at $240 and two 12 team leagues, you would only be on the hook for $10.

5 minutes ago, ajlynema said:

Going to sound like a broken record but try fleaflicker. It's MFL lite and free. I don't know about the double player pool. Are there going to be crossover games during the season? If not, just make two separate leagues and do hand scoring for the title game. 

Yeah, I looked into them when somebody (you?) mentioned them earlier, because I hadn't heard of them before--but alas, no, they can't do separate player pools for each conference.

And yes, there would be nothing BUT crossover games.  It would be for my "Avengers vs. Justice League" concept, where each member of the Avengers would play each member of the Justice League once during the season, but would never play another Avenger until the "Battle Royales" in the playoffs (and vice versa for the Justice League members).

I did join up to a 16 team IDP league from the League Finder forum, though, just because it was being hosted on Flea Flicker, and I want to check out how their software holds up to the big boys.  So far, I'm not overly impressed.  It looks a little amateurish overall, and there doesn't appear to be any way to see how the players did in the league's scoring system last season.  But it's a free league, so I'll play it out.

Edited by Axe Elf

Your idea with the Super Powers? I wouldn't want to spend much money on that league either. 

I didn't hear about them until starting my dynasty league. They aren't as good as MFL but still leaps and bounds better than any other free site.