Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Correa

2016 Fantasy Football Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc..

Yahoo won't let you make a waiver claim if there is a DTD/Questionable/Doubtful player in the IR slot, it gives an error message.

has anyone else noticed that on yahoo the players from last night's game aren't on waivers? below is what's listed on the website, and i thought how it normally worked, but i'm in a few different leagues and seeing the same thing across all of them. 

is this normal? or a setting that needs to be tweaked? or is something jacked up with yahoo?

• Free agents playing in a game - Waivers begin once their game begins and end at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

One Yahoo setting locks FA players once their games start, the other locks all FA's at the start of the first Sunday game. 

Thats the loophole allowing one to pick up back up RB's for the Thursday game, keep them on your bench, then drop for the next back up RB through the Sunday& Monday games.

5 hours ago, Pernil said:

One Yahoo setting locks FA players once their games start, the other locks all FA's at the start of the first Sunday game. 

Thats the loophole allowing one to pick up back up RB's for the Thursday game, keep them on your bench, then drop for the next back up RB through the Sunday& Monday games.

Yeah, I guess you're right.. 

I would've bet money that players on Thursday night teams went on waivers and then on Sunday at noon (cst) everyone else went on waivers. I never remember anyone being able to pick up a WW darling before Wednesday morning after a Thursday night points explosion. I guess my memory just completely failed me... Lesson learned. 

Thx, good info. 

Edited by osb_tensor

9 minutes ago, konstao said:

Add him its not a big deal if you're in a league that can drop bench players that already played. And you're not a gostkowski-tucker-vinatieri owner...

I added him yesterday and dropped my kicker 

If he doesn't suit up, doesn't pass the eye test, its pretty simple, i'll drop him and pick anyone to plug

there is leagues out there where you can drop a player after there team plays? That is asinine. Never heard of that when the team plays and he is on your bench he is locked and you are stuck with him

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

there is leagues out there where you can drop a player after there team plays? That is asinine. Never heard of that when the team plays and he is on your bench he is locked and you are stuck with him

Yahoo. Works out nice for player evaluation.

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Everybody in the league goes through the same waiver system and is on an even playing field.  NFL.com and Yahoo both operate like this.  I don't understand why people have such an issue with it.  Increased roster flexibility is a good thing, in my opinion.

Just now, Deadpool said:

Yahoo. Works out nice for player evaluation.

Yahoo allows that? I am in one yahoo league and you can't drop a guy after the team plays.

so lets say a stud RB gets injured in the first half you can pick up his backup even if the game is playing?

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Everybody in the league goes through the same waiver system and is on an even playing field.  NFL.com and Yahoo both operate like this.  I don't understand why people have such an issue with it.  Increased roster flexibility is a good thing, in my opinion.

It's not unfair, since everyone can do it. I think people in more casual leagues maybe have an issue, because it rewards people who are really active over casual players. Similar to leagues not having waivers and letting people profit who sit in front of their computers all day Sunday, although that is more extreme. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

Yahoo allows that? I am in one yahoo league and you can't drop a guy after the team plays.

so lets say a stud RB gets injured in the first half you can pick up his backup even if the game is playing?

Depending on your waiver rules, if someone is on your bench, you can drop him mid-game and pick up someone that hasn't played yet.

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No, man. I told in my post. BENCH players can be dropped.

I added don jackson, but he'll stay on my bench.

If he doesn't suit up, i'll drop him for any free agent available

You CANNOT add your "stud" rb backup if he is in your bench. When the game starts, all the players from the same team are locked. you can only add someone from a team that didnt play.

Edited by konstao

I believe you are wrong. I'm pretty sure yahoo doesn't lock bench players.

Edited by Skins33

you can drop players you did not start after they played but can't pickup anyone once the game starts.

Edited by martinjlm

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

that is cheating .... and is not the way fantasy should be played.

that is cheating .... and is not the way fantasy should be played.

So everybody playing fantasy on Yahoo and NFL.com are cheating.  Gotcha.

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

It is some bs to be able to drop a bench guy after they play. 

Just now, smeeze said:

this stuff will get removed shortly because we all sway from the original context .... I am playing in a yahoo & nfl.com league and we are not allow to bend the rules like how you are saying.

its all about the LM who likes to set crazy rules a free for all on the waiver wire

Just now, Skins33 said:

It is some bs to be able to drop a bench guy after they play. 

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

11 minutes ago, smeeze said:

to clarify this

just say you have a 10 team yahoo league (5 bench spots) alot of backup RB's are on the waiver .... a guy like Zeke Elliot gets injured in the first quarter and Alford Morris is sitting on the waiver can you in your league go pick up (add him to your team) Morris while the game is being played?

to clarify this

just say you have a 10 team yahoo league (5 bench spots) alot of backup RB's are on the waiver .... a guy like Zeke Elliot gets injured in the first quarter and Alford Morris is sitting on the waiver can you in your league go pick up (add him to your team) Morris while the game is being played?

No. If your league uses a waiver system guys are locked once they're playing. Here's how it works : Say the Cowboys play on Thurs night and you own Morris and he's on your bench. If he blows out his ACL you could drop him for someone else, who hasn't played yet(i.e. not someone currently playing in the Thurs night game). If Morris had been in your lineup then he's locked, you can't drop him until waivers clear the following week. 

to clarify this

No.. players still get locked at game time.  Any free agents would automatically go into the waiver process as soon as their game started.

But say you had Alfred Morris on your bench and he played Thursday night and you didn't start him.  You could drop him on Friday for another free agent that plays on Sunday or Monday.

Sorry for the confusion.

thank you ..... I still think that is crazy. I have never heard of those rules. Once the team has played the player is locked.

I remember reading something about continually waivers.....what i wrote can happen. Do you two know if that Is true? 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

thank you ..... I still think that is crazy. I have never heard of those rules. Once the team has played the player is locked.

I remember reading something about continually waivers.....what i wrote can happen. Do you two know if that Is true? 

I used to be in a league where no one went to waivers when the game started. Everyone was always a FA unless they were dropped and then they would go to two day waivers.

It sucked. Basically, everyone sat around their computers during the games and tried to grab people as they were blowing up or injuries were happening. 

I don't personally dislike Yahoo's system, because you're still technically dropping someone of value for someone else (assuming you value all the players you pick up), but I understand both sides.It definitely makes a case for having at least one "rotating" spot where you pick up handcuffs and cross your fingers.