Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vikingapocalypse

WR1 and RB from same team

Wondering what thought are about having the number one wideout and running back for a team? I've always stayed away from this cause I don't like to be reliant on any one team.

In my dynasty rebuild I'm close to a deal for Dez Bryant, but zeke was my first round pick. My top wr right now is Baldwin. I'm trying other ways to get a wr but this one is the only bite, almost a buy low off a slow year. What's your thoughts on the strategy and/or having both players in question?

I'm almost thinking I should just do it and flip Dez later if I have too.

It has been shown that having a RB and WR from the same team will help improve the consistency of your team's scoring.  That is, if one has a bad day, the other is more likely to have a good day, and vice versa.

This stands in contrast to having a QB and WR from the same team, which tends to introduce greater variance into your team's scoring.  That is, when one has a good day, so does the other--and vice versa.  So you have a few BIG games, and you have a few games where they both suck.

Many people are attracted to the BOOM of the boom or bust QB/WR pair, but in most cases I'd actually rather have the consistency of the RB/WR pair, even if that consistency does limit the ceiling of the pair somewhat in any given week.

Now, if they're both Cowboys, you're just doomed...

There's nothing wrong with owning a WR & RB who play on the same team. You'll get more points during the week between them to help you're team get that W. 

Really axe? People like the boom better than the bust? Lol.

Yeah well it depends on what team. If it's pittsburgh, yeah. If it Philly?  Not so much unless they are a bench option.

This is similar to people asking if they should play the qb if their opponent has their wr or vice versa. Just play who you'd think will score more points.

Nothing wrong with owning a pair like D. Johnson and L. Fitzgerald.

Owning a rookie RB and a headache WR on a terribly inconsistent organization is another thing though.

It risks their bye week, but I'd have little concern with that.  Having 2 studs like that makes too much sense to ignore.  Especially when Baldwin is your top WR (OUCH!).  I'd run to get Bryant at that point.

On 30/06/2016 at 2:19 PM, Axe Elf said:

It has been shown that having a RB and WR from the same team will help improve the consistency of your team's scoring.  That is, if one has a bad day, the other is more likely to have a good day, and vice versa.

This stands in contrast to having a QB and WR from the same team, which tends to introduce greater variance into your team's scoring.  That is, when one has a good day, so does the other--and vice versa.  So you have a few BIG games, and you have a few games where they both suck.

Many people are attracted to the BOOM of the boom or bust QB/WR pair, but in most cases I'd actually rather have the consistency of the RB/WR pair, even if that consistency does limit the ceiling of the pair somewhat in any given week.

Now, if they're both Cowboys, you're just doomed...

Informative, I didn't know that. But it makes sense. Short answer; it doesn't matter too much. Don't go selling either one of them short to avoid it.