Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhythms

Nikola Jokic 2016-17 Season Outlook

Seriously I'm not concerned of Nurkic, he'll play 25 minutes while I expect Jokic to play 32 mins
so Jokic will play in center position in the remaining 23 minutes and they'll share the frontcourt for just 9 minutes

Nurkic is not a problem for Jokic's stats

i rather get nurkic at a discount then jokic at that hefty price. Im sure nurkic has a chip on his shoulder for being injured for so long. Plus his dad beat up like 12 guys and it came in a newspaper so u kno hes gotta crazy good genes!

Little Scared about His preseason....instead of Nurkic

still nice Target at round 5/6?

3 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

I'd keep the same expectations because preseason is all about experimentation. When the real grind comes, it's all about the wins and Lineups with Jokic as main C had good + - in Denver.

I know why you are worried about him playing pf though but i think he just has to learn the role.

16 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Even with a subpar preseason he is still unlikely to be around after the 4th. If he is absolutely grab him - the upside is real, but the nurktrain is worrying. 

I can't wait the next game of Jokic...just to watch if he can put at least one BIG boxscore before the Regular season...

until now, Nurkic eat Jokic....lol

can i expect him around 

15Pts/9Reb/

1Stl/0.5blk/0.5 3's/3Ast??

My main concern, Denver have Nurkic/Jokic/Manimal (still there) and Sometimes Gallo can plays few minutes at PF for only 2 slot (PF/C).....

i don't think that Jokic plays 30min each night...

no??

He is good fabtasy  player but going wat tooo early !! 

Nurick is better gambel...  jokic is 37 on yahoo ehich is pretty much high.  At best he can do top 25 

3 hours ago, Dapro said:

Why does this guy have a high yahoo ranking?

Because he does a bit of everything and doesn't turn the ball over tons.

3 hours ago, Dapro said:

Why does this guy have a high yahoo ranking?

Because he's good.  He's ranked a little too high but he's money in roto formats.  Not sure he's quite as valuable in H2H formats.

Just check his stats from last year, he only getting 21 mins, maybe with more mins his little stats can grow.

2 hours ago, teacx2 said:

Ended up drafting him 3rd in a 14 man league...

hmmm

futurama_fry.jpg

4 hours ago, Ganandorf said:

hmmm

futurama_fry.jpg

Just to clairfy, not literally 3rd. I mean't in the 3rd round, 40th pick

Look nice tonight with only 23 minutes...

14pts / 10 REB/ 2Ast / 1 Stl / 1 3's 

Really want to know if his coach will give him around 30min each night...???!!!!!!

I don't see why Jokic shouldn't get 30 min/night.  Faried is not the future in Denver and considering Jokic can play the PF and C he is versatile enough to play extended periods of time at both positions.  I also think that if Denver want to roll out a small ball unit with Gallo or Wilson Chandler at the 4 Jokic is the better C to play rather than Nurkic. 

Jokic seems to be having a bit of trouble though with fouls in the preseason so that may be his biggest barrier to consistent minutes. 

4 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I don't see why Jokic shouldn't get 30 min/night.  Faried is not the future in Denver and considering Jokic can play the PF and C he is versatile enough to play extended periods of time at both positions. I also think that if Denver want to roll out a small ball unit with Gallo or Wilson Chandler at the 4 Jokic is the better C to play rather than Nurkic. 

Jokic seems to be having a bit of trouble though with fouls in the preseason so that may be his biggest barrier to consistent minutes. 

I'd still err a bit more cautious on the mins, probably around 27min mark. Nurk should get at least 25mins too and he will only be at centre. From watching their preseason games a bit Nurk looks impressively mobile and in great condition so I think he could easily roll as the center in a small ball line up and still give a big advantage inside as most small ball centers won't be able to deal with his physical size and if he gets doubled he has proven a very good passer and good court smarts (as has Jokic). All in all I think both their mins will vary quite a bit as they will roll with the more effective guy on the night a lot I think, but I also believe we will see the twin itches A LOT. However, given the hefty price of Jokic I'd still rather target Nurk later in the drafts. Can't talk myself into a top 30 pick for a big that will be under 15pts, and probably under 1stl and 1 blk too

(Don't get me wrong I think he is a real nice player just the asking price is so steep due to the hype)

Though I didn't get to watch the game (stupid League pass and not televising all preseason games), I followed in ESPN scores. It looked like, up until the 4th quarter that Malone was rolling out his preferred lineup rotations for the season, with the exception of Harris of course (Oh and Arthur, ugh). From what I could tell, Chandler was replacing Nurkic midway through the opening quarter of each half, shifting Jokic to centre, and Jokic playing almost all of the first quarter. Faried replaced Jokic, played till about the 5 minute mark of the second, while Nurk replaced Chandler around the 7 minute mark and played the rest of the half. 

Minutes for Jokic were about 15 in the half and 13 for Nurk. Assuming that carries over each half that would put Jokic around 30 minutes/game and Nurk around 26 give or take 2 minutes either way for each. 

Hernangomez was in the rotation for a decent amount of minutes, about 18 I think, but I expect Arthur to take all of those when he returns. 

Point is both the Denver bigs are going to get good minutes, and both will produce some solid numbers

I thought Jokic was a tad too high on the rankings too. Nurkic is a usage sponge. But both should get about 26-32 minutes a game.

C Nurkic 25 , Jokic 23
PF Jokic 9 , Faried 25 , Gallo 14

SF Gallo 18 , Barton 12 , Chandler 18
SG Harris 32 , Barton 12 , Murray 4
PG Mudiay 30 , Murray 18

5 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

C Nurkic 25 , Jokic 23
PF Jokic 9 , Faried 25 , Gallo 14

SF Gallo 18 , Barton 12 , Chandler 18
SG Harris 32 , Barton 12 , Murray 4
PG Mudiay 30 , Murray 18

Arthur and Nelson will play though

I watched him drop to pick 59 in my draft this morning and couldn't pass him up. Just as insurance, I grabbed Nurkic at pick 123.

Kinda CSB worthy but yeah, that's how it went down.