Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhythms

Nikola Jokic 2016-17 Season Outlook

Am I the only person who thinks that his ADP is way too high? I've seen him go in the 30s, which is a huge risk for someone who hasn't played big minutes in the NBA yet. 

10 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Am I the only person who thinks that his ADP is way too high? I've seen him go in the 30s, which is a huge risk for someone who hasn't played big minutes in the NBA yet. 

Ask the guys who picked Gobert and Noel in the 2nd or 3rd rd last year.

3 hours ago, Stallion said:

Bruski picked him up in the 2nd round in his competitive 12k league so don't know lol

5 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Bruski picked him up in the 2nd round in his competitive 12k league so don't know lol

I was watching that live draft for a few minutes and immediately after his pick a "WOW" was put in the chat box

i think most owners would avoid drafting him at his current adp.  just too many sure fire players available where he's being ranked right now.

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

Oh god. I've felt confident in my decision to draft him in multiple leagues up until the moment I read this.

who's more valuable between Jokic and Nurkic in a points league that counts DD? (and instead of %'s it's -1 for FT missed, -0.5 for FG missed)

Drafted him 45th overall over Gobert, Vucevic and Favors who all went right after my pick.

I was back and forth about Vucevic and Jokic, but I couldn't resist the upside.  Hope I don't regret it.

Got him for $18 in a 9 cat roto auction league last night, hard not to get excited at that price.

2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Rather have Nurk

At their respective prices I can see your argument but overall it's jokic by far .

How about both if you can swing it. Would it be unwise to roster both Nurk and Jokic?

20 minutes ago, k.k. said:

How about both if you can swing it. Would it be unwise to roster both Nurk and Jokic?

I'm trying to do just that.

3 hours ago, k.k. said:

Its good insurance 

.. I like Nurkic at 90 better than Jokic at 30 tbh 

43 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

Its good insurance 

.. I like Nurkic at 90 better than Jokic at 30 tbh 

I just got both for $30 combined in an auction...decent value? 

2 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

I just got both for $30 combined in an auction...decent value? 

Not bad but auction drafts are hard to gauge .. I got Jokic for 10 in my league, which I know is an absolute steal .. But how much did u pay for each? 

On 10/24/2016 at 8:40 PM, k.k. said:

I did it....I obviously took Jokic much earlier, but Nurkic was still there in the reserve round, so I grabbed him.  At least one of them should have a great season and this way if we do have the order of value flip-flopped, it doesn't really matter.

I have been in 2 live drafts, both h2h.

8 cat 10 team veteran expert league, he went 4th round at #39. Following picks were Ariza, Conley, Derozan, M Gasol, Vucevic, D Jordan, Dragic...

9 cat 12 team pro league he went 3rd round at #33. The following picks were Isaiah Thomas, Conley, B Lopez, Bledsoe, Gobert, D Jordan, Favors, Derozan...

(and Jokic then got traded for Rubio straight up). 

Really hope Faried gets traded but Nugs have been trying to do that for a while I think.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, k.k. said:

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:01 PM, Trifecta said:

I'm trying to do just that.

SUCCESS! Just traded for Nurkic so I've got this frontcourt on lock down.

10 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

9 cat 12 team pro league he went 3rd round at #33. The following picks were Isaiah Thomas, Conley, B Lopez, Bledsoe, Gobert, D Jordan, Favors, Derozan...

(and Jokic then got traded for Rubio straight up). 

WUT????? :wacko: 

Dude passes on Isaiah Thomas, Conley, Bledsoe so he can take Jokic... and then trade him down to Rubio?  I'm guessing Rubio went several rounds later?

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

SUCCESS! Just traded for Nurkic so I've got this frontcourt on lock down.

Dude passes on Isaiah Thomas, Conley, Bledsoe so he can take Jokic... and then trade him down to Rubio?  I'm guessing Rubio went several rounds later?

Yeah, rubio was mine- I am the guy who traded him away for Jokic. I took Rubio in late 4th at #44. Jokic owner was desperate for a PG. 

34 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I'd feel pretty upset if I did that lol. 

3 minutes ago, izeroi said:

I'd feel pretty upset if I did that lol. 

I think he was on autopick, at least for a good part of the draft. Got stuck with a surplus of bigs and no PG's.

What are we assuming for his points per game ? Just trying to get an idea. First time owner. 15-16pts a game too much.

2 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

What are we assuming for his points per game ? Just trying to get an idea. First time owner. 15-16pts a game too much.

I'm expecting something in the range of 13-15 ppg, but he could exceed that if he really breaks out.