Iron-cock

2016 Rotoworld Forum Experts Money League

20 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Love the pick!  Higher PPG than Robinson, Allen, Jeffrey last year.  Here's hoping Fitzmagic gets his head out of his a**.  Email 96mnc baby!

Actually, if I am not mistaken, in half PPR Allen and Marshall both averaged 16.25 points in their first 8 games (which is all that Allen played, and I cannot remember back that far so I am not sure if Allen played in his last game with any discomfort).

3 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

in half PPR Allen and Marshall both averaged 16.25 points in their first 8 games 

In half kidney leagues, Allen was 1st in fantasy points among WRs.

Edited by Iron-cock

22 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Provided that he didn't get his wife pregnant, gain 35 pounds of baby weight, smoke 40 pounds of weed, eat 45 pounds of pizza, drink 80 quarts of sizzurp, waste 90 thousand dollars at strip clubs, let his heir apparent to beastmode status go to his head, lose himself in the shadow of R. Wilson who MUST want to put the ultimate STAMP on this team now that beastmode is gone...

...in brief...wow what a dice roll!

I just realized ...

If you replace R. Wilson's name with A. Rodgers, that paragraph could easily be the foreward to Eddie Lacy's autobiography: "Buttermilk On Sundays: The Eddie Lacy Story".

2.1 ToO BaD - Jamaal charles
2.2 CL3VELANDBR0WNS - Allen Robinson
2.3 Packdog -  Devonta Freeman
2.4 Vikingapocalypse - Doug Martin
2.5 Impreza178 - LeSean McCoy
2.6 IronCock-Thomas Rawls
2.7 Bartos-Jordy Nelson
2.8 BlakeP42 - Mark Ingram
2.9 MrBlonde1984 - Alshon Jeffery
2.10 Predator05 - Mike Evans
2.11 Lord Varys - Eddie Lacy
2.12 PeteKrum -Amari Cooper
2.13 bhawks - Brandon Marshall
2.14 96mnc - OTC
3.1. 96MNC -

3.2. BHawks489 -

3.3. PeteKrum -

3.4. Lord Varys -

3.5. Predator 05 -

3.6. MrBlonde1984 -

3.7. BlakeP42 -

3.8. Bartos -

3.9. IronCock -

3.10.Impreza178 -

3.11.VikingApocalypse -

3.12.Packdog -

3.13.CL3VELANDBR0WNS -

3.14.ToO BaD-

Sorry for the delay, had some life stuff pop up after the gym that couldn't be delayed.

2.7 Bartos-Jordy Nelson
2.14 96mnc - Brandin Cooks
3.1. 96MNC - Carlos Hyde

3.2. BHawks489 - OTC

3.3. PeteKrum -

3.4. Lord Varys -

3.5. Predator 05 -

3.6. MrBlonde1984 -

3.7. BlakeP42 -

3.8. Bartos -

3.9. IronCock -

3.10.Impreza178 -

3.11.VikingApocalypse -

3.12.Packdog -

3.13.CL3VELANDBR0WNS -

3.14.ToO BaD-

Cooks - my pick of the 2nd tier WRs to move into the top 5 this year.  If he get 160 targets he's there.

Hyde - 3 down back in a system that throws the ball to the backs a ton.  

If Hyde had been taken prior to my pick I would have gone zero RB for the first time ever.

I agree with cooks great pick there. Being a philly fan, I saw how chip Kelly mismanaged talent so there is some risk with Hyde but should be a top 15 RB if healthy 

Cooks has as good a chance as any of this group of WR to move into the top 5.  He is very explosive.  I have a few worries: will they sign Boldin? will Brees continue to spread the ball around, or now treat him like a true #1? will the size of the pie continue to shrink (decrease in pass yards for Brees 3 years in a row).  But the offense is still dynamic and he's still the #1 guy in it.  Upside is gargantuan.

I was really hoping Hyde was going to make it back to me.  Assuming health (and at this point, I just assume health for everyone except Foster) he's going to get loads, loads, loads of volume.  And finally will get the passing game work.  Love this pick.  Hopefully Chip learns from his mistakes in Philly and brings the 49ers back to competitive.

I like the idea of a short write up on rationale for why you draft the players you do.  I'm going to carry this practice forward.

At my pick in Round 2 I was hoping for, in order, Jordy-Alshon-Cooks. I knew that there was a good chance Cooks wouldn't make it past 96mnc, so not surprised to see him go at the end of Round 2. Very nice pick.

This draft has gone the opposite of what I expected, but in a 14-team league picking from slot 6, I'm quite happy with my Green-Alshon start.

Hopefully we can get a couple more rounds in today.

Another quick analysis...

A lot may consider my pick of Green at 6 overall a reach. For me, my pick came down to Green, Hopkins, Robinson or Gronk. I've taken Gronk in the first round a few times, but in double flex leagues I don't feel like my teams look as strong when going Gronk in the first. I like Hopkins, but when comparing him to Green and ARob, I have to nitpick, and it's easy to wonder if he'll get the same targets as last year with Miller in the fold now. Also, Brock isn't as good as Dalton or Bortles.

So it essentially came down to ARob or Green. Green was the safer choice just because he's a consistently been good ever since he's entered the league. Robinson has immense upside, but, without Eifert, Sanu and Marvin Jones, I feel like Green's upside may be bigger. Add in that I'm already heavily invested in Robinson in other leagues, and that's why I chose Green at 6.

Looking forward to Round 3, I'm guaranteed 1 of 5 players in my next tier of players, so I'm pretty happy. Obviously I have a worst case scenario and best case scenadio for which player I want to take, but even the worst case scenario won't be bad. Pretty excited.

Now get pickin!

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced to slide AJ ahead of Hopkins.  I think you made the right call.

There's a lot of shake-up in Cincinnati this year.  I think last year was the peak for the team, with all the weapons they had, with Hue at OC.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: Good Dalton = Bad (fantasy) AJ.  Bad Dalton = Good AJ.  So this year there's uncertainty.  New OC.  New WRs.  The Bengals as a whole should take a step back, but this year might be the peak of AJ's career in terms of volume.  Dalton will lean on him like never before.  I think AJ is a dark horse for #1 overall WR.  I don't think Hopkins has that upside.  I think you made the right pick.

Edited by Lord_Varys

I was a little hesitant to take DJ in the first but given the run on RBs getting me Jordy in the second really validated me taking DJ.  There is some risk with Jordy being older and recovering but all reports seem to point toward a good season.  

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

For my third pick....

Jarvis landry

Figured he would go here 

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

A lot may consider my pick of Green at 6 overall a reach. For me, my pick came down to Green, Hopkins, Robinson or Gronk. I've taken Gronk in the first round a few times, but in double flex leagues I don't feel like my teams look as strong when going Gronk in the first. I like Hopkins, but when comparing him to Green and ARob, I have to nitpick, and it's easy to wonder if he'll get the same targets as last year with Miller in the fold now. Also, Brock isn't as good as Dalton or Bortles.

So it essentially came down to ARob or Green. Green was the safer choice just because he's a consistently been good ever since he's entered the league. Robinson has immense upside, but, without Eifert, Sanu and Marvin Jones, I feel like Green's upside may be bigger. Add in that I'm already heavily invested in Robinson in other leagues, and that's why I chose Green at 6.

Looking forward to Round 3, I'm guaranteed 1 of 5 players in my next tier of players, so I'm pretty happy. Obviously I have a worst case scenario and best case scenadio for which player I want to take, but even the worst case scenario won't be bad. Pretty excited.

Now get pickin!

nah, man i love the green pick here. i think many would agree. i also agree about gronk making the rest of the team look iffy if you take him. i often pass on him because of i feel like i am playing catchup the rest of the draft in leagues with extra slots. plus, being a 14 teamer magnifies it even more. people reaching above adp was expected by me.

i was also torn on arob and was very close to taking him but i feel the jags cannabalize each other to an extent this year so made the risky upside play with dez. not thrilled with any wrs once green is gone so kudoas on snaggin him early. prolly the best pick in the rd in my eyes and i'm a little jello

I don't mind green at 6. He was definitely an option for me when I originally held the 6 spot. He's got a great situation. It's a deep draft and with 14 teams 5th rounders become 4th rounders and so on. I like the belief most of us have shown to go with our gut

Edited by vikingapocalypse

2.7 Bartos-Jordy Nelson
3.1. 96MNC - Carlos Hyde

3.2. BHawks489 - Jarvis Landry

3.3. PeteKrum - OTC

3.4. Lord Varys -

3.5. Predator 05 -

3.6. MrBlonde1984 -

3.7. BlakeP42 -

3.8. Bartos -

3.9. IronCock -

3.10.Impreza178 -

3.11.VikingApocalypse -

3.12.Packdog -

3.13.CL3VELANDBR0WNS -

3.14.ToO BaD-

2.7 Bartos-Jordy Nelson
3.1. 96MNC - Carlos Hyde

3.3. PeteKrum - OTC

3.4. Lord Varys -

3.5. Predator 05 -

3.6. MrBlonde1984 -

3.7. BlakeP42 -

3.8. Bartos -

3.9. IronCock -

3.10.Impreza178 -

3.11.VikingApocalypse -

3.12.Packdog -

3.13.CL3VELANDBR0WNS -

3.14.ToO BaD-

Sammy Watkins, WR, Bills

Love his production over the last half of last year. The unquestioned guy in Buffalo.

1 minute ago, petekrum said:

Sammy Watkins, WR, Bills

Love his production over the last half of last year. The unquestioned guy in Buffalo.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

golden-tate-overturned-interception-lion

With the 4th pick in the 3rd round of the Rotoworld Forums Experts Money League, Lord_Varys selects Golden Tate, WR, Lions.

All I know is that every time Megatron isn't on the field, Golden Tate is putting up WR1 numbers.  He's a guy in the mold of Brandin Cooks, but has less competition for targets.  Jim Bob Cooter did a stellar job when he took over, and the Lions have a favorable schedule this year for Stafford to air it out.  I think Tate is top-5 in the NFC in targets this year, a lock for 100 receptions, and they will use him on more deep routes now that he's the alpha dog.

This one was very close for me between Tate and Demaryius Thomas, once Watkins was gone.  I trust Matt Stafford and the passing offense to deliver to its WR1 more than I trust Mark Sanchez and the run-first offense to deliver to DT.

2.7 Bartos-Jordy Nelson
3.1. 96MNC - Carlos Hyde

3.3. PeteKrum - Sammy Watkins

3.4. Lord Varys - Golden Tate

3.5. Predator 05 - OTC

3.6. MrBlonde1984 -

3.7. BlakeP42 -

3.8. Bartos -

3.9. IronCock -

3.10.Impreza178 -

3.11.VikingApocalypse -

3.12.Packdog -

3.13.CL3VELANDBR0WNS -

3.14.ToO BaD-

40 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Now get pickin!

A bit unexpected, because most people have Hop and Rob above him-  but it's so close that you can really justify any of the 3.   Especially when you're already heavily vested in ARob. 

Same reason I went McCoy, despite many having Ingram and Lacy above him.