Iron-cock

2016 Rotoworld Forum Experts Money League

Just now, ToO_BaD said:

Not to be a stickler, and if I am the only one then don't even fret.  Can we not discuss players who haven't been drafted yet?  I only recall it happening a page or two back when someone explained their options for the pick they made.  I am fully convinced that everyone here already has their thoughts in order and rankings ready, but there could be the off chance it sparks something.  But again, just my .02, and if it isn't a big thing to anyone else then I really don't mind.

THIS. Try not to name drop, if possible. You may inadvertently sway someone's pick. Notice how vague I was when talking about Landry. Use generic terms like "other weapons" or if you have to, "mystery player." 

I think Landry's "problem" (and I use this term loosely) is that he doesn't run the deep routes in isolation on the outside (they let Parker do that), and even if they did, Tanny-hill is no good at delivering those balls.  I think if you put Landry on a different team in a different role, he'd be that top guy.  The situation is a wet blanket over him.  You need this to be part of your repertoire if you want to be consistently in the WR1 discussion.

That said, a) I freaking love his talent and the team loves it too, so b.) they'll feed him volume.  This is enough to warrant a pick right here.  I think this is fair value.

Edited by Lord_Varys

Just now, mrblonde1984 said:

THIS. Try not to name drop, if possible. You may inadvertently sway someone's pick. Notice how vague I was when talking about Landry. Use generic terms like "other weapons" or if you have to, "mystery player." 

mystery player is obvious, come on :D

Image result for christine michael pic

It was definitely me talking about other options.

Is this a thing, to avoid discussing players during a draft?  I'm always doing this in my leagues.  I feel like it's part of the game, gamesmanship on one end.  But also a league of forum experts where we have all of these opinions logged in the public for so long, I didn't think it would matter.  

I'll be more reserved, though.

3 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Not to be a stickler, and if I am the only one then don't even fret.  Can we not discuss players who haven't been drafted yet?  I only recall it happening a page or two back when someone explained their options for the pick they made.  I am fully convinced that everyone here already has their thoughts in order and rankings ready, but there could be the off chance it sparks something.  But again, just my .02, and if it isn't a big thing to anyone else then I really don't mind.

when you mention opinions on players not drafted yet it is reffered to as name dropping. you really don't want to do it for yourself if being honest but it's frowned upon because you may influence someone's pick. i am not saying anyone here would do it but it also could have a nefarious intent if you want to sway people away from your true target. discuss who has been drafted already all ya want

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

It was definitely me talking about other options.

Is this a thing, to avoid discussing players during a draft?  I'm always doing this in my leagues.  I feel like it's part of the game, gamesmanship on one end.  But also a league of forum experts where we have all of these opinions logged in the public for so long, I didn't think it would matter.  

I'll be more reserved, though.

You can discuss players during the draft, but it's best to discuss the ones that have already been drafted. If you say, my choice was between T.Y. Hilton and "mystery player not yet drafted," the next man up may go, "oh yeah, I forgot about him. Yoink!"

If it is other options who have been drafted, then no biggie.  But someone might have had a different ranking system, or if they got sniped might be scrambling to figure out who they want and miss someone completely.  If that player then gets mentioned, it could remind them, and as Blonde stated inadvertently sway their decision.

I'm sorry I mentioned Cole Beasly 

;) 

i agree though the discussion is best kept to drafted players 

Yeah I am not saying anyone would have nefarious intent, or that it would even be a conscious thought when doing it, but it was just a rule we followed in the Roto Mock League.  And like I said, if the majority don't agree then I don't mind.

Just now, Bartos said:

I'm sorry I mentioned Cole Beasly 

;) 

i agree though the discussion is best kept to drafted players 

Haha, well that's different. Players that would never go this high in drafts are fair game, IMO. 

I bet Blake is trying to decide between Danny Amendola, Philip Dorsett and Spencer Ware. 

i do use deception in mocks. last night in that 8 teamer i did i mocked with the guy in front of me at 7. maybe he though i would really pass on david johnson. nope

11 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Couldn't agree more, only discuss drafted players, especially as we get further into the draft.

I couldn't disagree more -- psychological warfare is part of the game.

But I'll respect the wishes of the group.

cough*JoshGordon*cough

3.1. 96MNC - Carlos Hyde

3.2. BHawks489 - Jarvis Landry

3.3. PeteKrum - Sammy Watkins

3.4. Lord Varys - Golden Tate

3.5. Predator 05 - Randall Cobb

3.6. MrBlonde1984 - T.Y. Hilton

3.7. BlakeP42 - Demaryius Thomas

3.8. Bartos -

3.9. IronCock -

3.10.Impreza178 -

3.11.VikingApocalypse -

3.12.Packdog -

3.13.CL3VELANDBR0WNS -

3.14.ToO BaD-

14 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

You can discuss players during the draft, but it's best to discuss the ones that have already been drafted. If you say, my choice was between T.Y. Hilton and "mystery player not yet drafted," the next man up may go, "oh yeah, I forgot about him. Yoink!"

In a league of experts though, should we really be forgetting about guys?

Just now, Lord_Varys said:

Judging by some of y'all's picks already, I don't want to sway you in any way from making the pick you want to pick. :D

Nice pick, Blake. DT was the 5th player in my tier and the "mystery player" I had been referring to. I think Round 3 is a perfect spot to target Demaryius Thomas. Well done.

pick in, Bartos PM'd

Well, i hate the QB but love the player so we will see how it goes in Denver this year.  Heres to hoping DT can make some plays this year

Just now, Lord_Varys said:

it's just widely accepted etiquette, especially in a group of vets

Just now, BlakeP42 said:

pick in, Bartos PM'd

Well, i hate the QB but love the player so we will see how it goes in Denver this year.  Heres to hoping DT can make some plays this year

In the third round and as your WR2, DT is a fine pick. I think Round 3 is the proper round for DT this year. 

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

No, but I respect the opinions of some of the people in this league very highly.  If you were drafting right after me, and hoping to take Ezekiel Elliot but someone else in the league made a detailed analysis of why Ezekiel Elliot was going to be great and swayed my opinion, you might feel like it's unfair to you since they "coached" me into the right pick.

Also it could be used by an owner to try to deny another owner a player out of spite or competitive advantage.

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

No, but I respect the opinions of some of the people in this league very highly.  If you were drafting right after me, and hoping to take Ezekiel Elliot but someone else in the league made a detailed analysis of why Ezekiel Elliot was going to be great and swayed my opinion, you might feel like it's unfair to you since they "coached" me into the right pick.

Also it could be used by an owner to try to deny another owner a player out of spite or competitive advantage.

Well said, and I agree.