Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Q13: Amari Cooper vs Brandin Cooks (PPR)

Which WR will have the most total points for 2016 in PPR scoring?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR will have the most total points for 2016 in PPR scoring?

This is Question #13 in what I intend to be a series of "close calls" between pairs of fantasy football players.  If you vote, your choice will be publicly viewable, so this will not only help people decide between two similar players in their drafts this preseason, but I also intend to revisit the results after the season--with cheers for the winners and jeers for the losers.

I do not intend for these to replace the "Season Outlook" threads!  I don't mind if you want to give reasons for your vote, but let's see if we can do this without arguing back and forth here--just say your piece, make your vote, and move on, k?

Thanks.

Here are a couple of young WRs still developing--both are essentially in their second seasons (since Cooks was injured for most of his rookie year).

I'm leaning toward Cooks, but I don't have a lot of convincing reasons why.

Right now I feel there are more mouths to feed in N.O. I really like Cooper, but I'm biased since I have him on my dynasty team. 

Surprised to see that I'm the first Cooper vote. Making me reconsider if I have Cooks too low.

I like Cooper. I never trust NO pass catchers ever other than Graham. 

Axe Elf do you have rankings somewhere? I read one of your other posts and it had what looked like a round number and pick number next to a player description.

I think this one is very close, but I give the edge to Cooks mainly due to the two QBs.  But I think by next year Cooper will take a huge step past Cooks (not that Cooks will get worse in any way).

Cooper.

Cooks floor is  higher in PPR, but I'm a big Cooper guy and think he's a top 3-5ish WR at some point, maybe this year, maybe not.

Cooper go with much younger than Cooks. And AC offers more upside. He'll tear it up in 2016 for OAK. 

9 hours ago, disasterisk said:

Axe Elf do you have rankings somewhere? I read one of your other posts and it had what looked like a round number and pick number next to a player description.

No, not really exact ones, although I can usually tell you who I would draft over whom, given a choice between two players--so I guess if you axed all the right questions, eventually you could come up with some.

You might have seen the excerpt from "Axe Elf Hates the Players You Love" I posted in the Le'Veon Bell thread where I called him a risk for destroying another joint--either with his legs or with his lips (although not in those words)--and it has "2.8" by his name because that is his overall draft position on FantasyPros (which averages ADP across all the major sites).  My article lists the players I am ixnaying by their overall FantasyPros ADP; I just left the ADP in when I quoted myself.

Very close call, but I'll lean Cooks right now due to being in the better offense and having a better QB. Could be very, very close though.

11 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Cooper go with much younger than Cooks. And AC offers more upside. He'll tear it up in 2016 for OAK. 

Lol they are both the same age 22.

I'm on Cooper here.  I think he's the better overall talent, who should see more targets, land more receptions, push evenly if not above in yards, but might be a touch behind in TDs.

I love both these guys this year. But since it is a ppr question im leaning slightly to Cooks. who knows would you really be all that surprised if cooks catch total was 115+

On 7/23/2016 at 3:12 AM, Axe Elf said:

No, not really exact ones, although I can usually tell you who I would draft over whom, given a choice between two players--so I guess if you axed all the right questions, eventually you could come up with some.

You might have seen the excerpt from "Axe Elf Hates the Players You Love" I posted in the Le'Veon Bell thread where I called him a risk for destroying another joint--either with his legs or with his lips (although not in those words)--and it has "2.8" by his name because that is his overall draft position on FantasyPros (which averages ADP across all the major sites).  My article lists the players I am ixnaying by their overall FantasyPros ADP; I just left the ADP in when I quoted myself.

sounds like you nailed this one

25 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Cooper is ten months younger, so it's gotta be Amari

This means nothing.

3 minutes ago, PBR me ASAP said:

This means nothing.

It means you don't know when someone is joking.

22 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

It means you don't know when someone is joking.

This is serious stuff!