Jake the snake

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

He will be awesome in the same way that Brolo is awesome. Great percentages, great blocks, can score from anywhere. He will never be an elite rebounder because of the distance he plays away from the rim on offense to pull the opposing center away from the basket to open things up. Future perennial second round value possibly starting this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I think we have to get away from the offensive side gauge his value. Forget about second option,that was never in the books anyway.. it's his blocks, and I'd be a bit more inclined to pay for him if he bumps his FG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tongs said:

Yes I think we have to get away from the offensive side gauge his value. Forget about second option,that was never in the books anyway.. it's his blocks, and I'd be a bit more inclined to pay for him if he bumps his FG

 

That's what I been saying bro! The blocks & efficiency make his floor really high anyway, that is why is not that much of a gamble and with the upside...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well looks like ill have no shares of turner now that hes ranked 38 on yahoo... sweet

Edited by colepenhagen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't get how they can be so aggressive with his rank.  Every cat but BLK, FG% and FT% (low-volume) is a mystery.  You really gonna take that chance in the 3rd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going for a punt BLK's team but I couldn't believe he was still available in the 10th round with his #38 ranking. Had to scoop him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2016 at 11:29 AM, BoogieNights said:

I just don't get how they can be so aggressive with his rank.  Every cat but BLK, FG% and FT% (low-volume) is a mystery.  You really gonna take that chance in the 3rd?

hell no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

yeah 3rd round in crazy, but 6th or later I'll give that a crack

 

he is listed 38th in yahoo h2h pre-season rank, hard to believe he would slip to 6th round in standard league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, playadelrey said:

 

he is listed 38th in yahoo h2h pre-season rank, hard to believe he would slip to 6th round in standard league

 

Generally I don't use Yahoo, he is #72 in ESPN. Much better target there. 38th is pretty crazy. I never reach for guys even those I really want anywhere near their ceiling so you have to let him slide and go for the value guys that are falling in the drafts. If you see a guy you weren't really interested in, but that has fallen into value then snap him up. Best strategy for getting the best team IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went early 40s in our league so guys are willing to pay up for him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

 

Generally I don't use Yahoo, he is #72 in ESPN. Much better target there. 38th is pretty crazy. I never reach for guys even those I really want anywhere near their ceiling so you have to let him slide and go for the value guys that are falling in the drafts. If you see a guy you weren't really interested in, but that has fallen into value then snap him up. Best strategy for getting the best team IMO

 

have to agree that Yahoo ranking is kind of crazy (Dipo 18th, Jokic 25th!!!), the problem is I'm playing in Yahoo league, and most of the people draft players based on its pre-season ranking, I'm sure in most of the Yahoo leagues you can't get him after 50th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...