Jake the snake

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook

He will be awesome in the same way that Brolo is awesome. Great percentages, great blocks, can score from anywhere. He will never be an elite rebounder because of the distance he plays away from the rim on offense to pull the opposing center away from the basket to open things up. Future perennial second round value possibly starting this year.

Yes I think we have to get away from the offensive side gauge his value. Forget about second option,that was never in the books anyway.. it's his blocks, and I'd be a bit more inclined to pay for him if he bumps his FG

3 hours ago, tongs said:

Yes I think we have to get away from the offensive side gauge his value. Forget about second option,that was never in the books anyway.. it's his blocks, and I'd be a bit more inclined to pay for him if he bumps his FG

That's what I been saying bro! The blocks & efficiency make his floor really high anyway, that is why is not that much of a gamble and with the upside...

well looks like ill have no shares of turner now that hes ranked 38 on yahoo... sweet

Edited by colepenhagen

I just don't get how they can be so aggressive with his rank.  Every cat but BLK, FG% and FT% (low-volume) is a mystery.  You really gonna take that chance in the 3rd?

I was going for a punt BLK's team but I couldn't believe he was still available in the 10th round with his #38 ranking. Had to scoop him.

On 10/3/2016 at 11:29 AM, BoogieNights said:

I just don't get how they can be so aggressive with his rank.  Every cat but BLK, FG% and FT% (low-volume) is a mystery.  You really gonna take that chance in the 3rd?

hell no

4 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

yeah 3rd round in crazy, but 6th or later I'll give that a crack

he is listed 38th in yahoo h2h pre-season rank, hard to believe he would slip to 6th round in standard league

1 hour ago, playadelrey said:

he is listed 38th in yahoo h2h pre-season rank, hard to believe he would slip to 6th round in standard league

Generally I don't use Yahoo, he is #72 in ESPN. Much better target there. 38th is pretty crazy. I never reach for guys even those I really want anywhere near their ceiling so you have to let him slide and go for the value guys that are falling in the drafts. If you see a guy you weren't really interested in, but that has fallen into value then snap him up. Best strategy for getting the best team IMO

Went early 40s in our league so guys are willing to pay up for him 

14 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Generally I don't use Yahoo, he is #72 in ESPN. Much better target there. 38th is pretty crazy. I never reach for guys even those I really want anywhere near their ceiling so you have to let him slide and go for the value guys that are falling in the drafts. If you see a guy you weren't really interested in, but that has fallen into value then snap him up. Best strategy for getting the best team IMO

have to agree that Yahoo ranking is kind of crazy (Dipo 18th, Jokic 25th!!!), the problem is I'm playing in Yahoo league, and most of the people draft players based on its pre-season ranking, I'm sure in most of the Yahoo leagues you can't get him after 50th