Jake the snake

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ax05 said:

12.5 ppg 7 rebounds 2.1 blocks? Likely?

He has the talent to do more than that. He can even get close to 1- 3PM. Only thing is lots of scorrers in that first 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'll avg less than 15 pts but it's close. Keep in mind they have Teague, PG, and Ellis. All 3 of them will command the ball, so Turner will likely be the 3/4th option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantasymecca said:

I think he'll avg less than 15 pts but it's close. Keep in mind they have Teague, PG, and Ellis. All 3 of them will command the ball, so Turner will likely be the 3/4th option. 

They will run a lot of pick and roll/pop with Myles so I think he'll have a lot of opportunities to score. 15ppg might be aggressive but he's talented enough to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'll be around 13/7 with 1 3PTM and 2 BPG with FG% above 50%

Edited by Mad Luke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ilikemockdrafts said:

Where do you guys see him being ranked end of the season 9 cat? Realistically. 

 

Any worries of Al Jeff taking mins? 

 

I see him ranked around #50 this year in 9-cat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilikemockdrafts said:

Where do you guys see him being ranked end of the season 9 cat? Realistically. 

 

Any worries of Al Jeff taking mins? 

if he maintains good percentages and gets about 14 ppg with 2.2-.2.5 blocks. top 40, maybe top 30. if you watch him you can see he's a monster

Edited by richg24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilikemockdrafts said:

Where do you guys see him being ranked end of the season 9 cat? Realistically. 

 

Any worries of Al Jeff taking mins? 

 

Top 40. I don't see Big Al taking any minutes from him, Pacers will play fast basketball and he would only slow them down. I think they brought Jefferson more for the long run, because they will need an experienced player in the playoffs when the game slows down. I see Jefferson playing in the high teens, low 20's throughout the season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw him go 23rd Overall tonight in a 16-teamer h2h. Should be fun to see if he lives up to those expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pirate said:

Low floor n bloody high ceiling. Low risk n high reward. 

 

You mean high floor right?

 

The blocks and %s mean he has quite a high floor going along with your low risk n high reward statement. 

3 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Saw him go 23rd Overall tonight in a 16-teamer h2h. Should be fun to see if he lives up to those expectations.

 

23rd overall is a bit crazy though IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

 

You mean high floor right?

 

The blocks and %s mean he has quite a high floor going along with your low risk n high reward statement. 

 

 

Yeh high floor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just traded for him (gave up D Russell) in a points league where TO's REALLY hurt you and i desperately needed a PF.

aaaaaanyway, really high on this kid. Not 100% this year will be the "breakout" year, but it's definitely coming

 

Massive talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Just traded for him (gave up D Russell) in a points league where TO's REALLY hurt you and i desperately needed a PF.

aaaaaanyway, really high on this kid. Not 100% this year will be the "breakout" year, but it's definitely coming

 

Massive talent

what a donkey that other guy is for making that trade. this will be the breakout year. it already was last year its just that he only played 22 min per game on average. when he played he beasted. 

 

watch the game where he lit warriors up for 31 or his birthday game when he got 24 16 and 4 blks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richg24 said:

what a donkey that other guy is for making that trade. this will be the breakout year. it already was last year its just that he only played 22 min per game on average. when he played he beasted. 

 

watch the game where he lit warriors up for 31 or his birthday game when he got 24 16 and 4 blks

 

haha i was happy with the trade for sure

as a Warriors fan myself, I remember that game well (I drafted Miles last year, dropped when he was injured then re-scooped for rest of year). Its a weird feeling watching one of your fantasy guys rip you're real life team to shreds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he pans out with all the hype, ceiling, potential, blah, blah, blah. Same song on Rudy Gobert last season whom I drafted and was disappointed on the return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2016 at 11:25 PM, richg24 said:

if he maintains good percentages and gets about 14 ppg with 2.2-.2.5 blocks. top 40, maybe top 30. if you watch him you can see he's a monster

 

Those numbers are top 30 maybe top 20 assuming about 7-8rbs, 0.5stls, 0.5 threes, 1ast, 1.2 TOs & 50%/78%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3.3 blocks in the playoffs and faster offense this year and my draft night trade of giving up aaron gordon for him looks like a steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, richg24 said:

what a donkey that other guy is for making that trade. this will be the breakout year. it already was last year its just that he only played 22 min per game on average. when he played he beasted. 

 

watch the game where he lit warriors up for 31 or his birthday game when he got 24 16 and 4 blks

 

I suppose if TO really hurt you then that deflates Russell's value.  But really?  How can you bash someone for that trade?  I think Russell has the better year when its said and done.  But I guess its whatever your team needs more.  Bigs are a little more rare.   Perhaps the hype has gone too far...or Turner beasts and ends up top 30.  I would take Russell all day even in 9cat.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, it's not as if he traded Myles Turner for Tony Parker or something. I love Myles but D'Angelo could just as easily break out on the same or higher level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...