Jake the snake

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, Ax05 said:

12.5 ppg 7 rebounds 2.1 blocks? Likely?

He has the talent to do more than that. He can even get close to 1- 3PM. Only thing is lots of scorrers in that first 5.

I think he'll avg less than 15 pts but it's close. Keep in mind they have Teague, PG, and Ellis. All 3 of them will command the ball, so Turner will likely be the 3/4th option. 

1 hour ago, fantasymecca said:

I think he'll avg less than 15 pts but it's close. Keep in mind they have Teague, PG, and Ellis. All 3 of them will command the ball, so Turner will likely be the 3/4th option. 

They will run a lot of pick and roll/pop with Myles so I think he'll have a lot of opportunities to score. 15ppg might be aggressive but he's talented enough to do it. 

I think he'll be around 13/7 with 1 3PTM and 2 BPG with FG% above 50%

Edited by Mad Luke

3 minutes ago, ilikemockdrafts said:

Where do you guys see him being ranked end of the season 9 cat? Realistically. 

Any worries of Al Jeff taking mins? 

I see him ranked around #50 this year in 9-cat.

1 hour ago, ilikemockdrafts said:

if he maintains good percentages and gets about 14 ppg with 2.2-.2.5 blocks. top 40, maybe top 30. if you watch him you can see he's a monster

Edited by richg24

1 hour ago, ilikemockdrafts said:

Top 40. I don't see Big Al taking any minutes from him, Pacers will play fast basketball and he would only slow them down. I think they brought Jefferson more for the long run, because they will need an experienced player in the playoffs when the game slows down. I see Jefferson playing in the high teens, low 20's throughout the season.

Saw him go 23rd Overall tonight in a 16-teamer h2h. Should be fun to see if he lives up to those expectations.

3 hours ago, Pirate said:

Low floor n bloody high ceiling. Low risk n high reward. 

You mean high floor right?

The blocks and %s mean he has quite a high floor going along with your low risk n high reward statement. 

3 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Saw him go 23rd Overall tonight in a 16-teamer h2h. Should be fun to see if he lives up to those expectations.

23rd overall is a bit crazy though IMO

8 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

You mean high floor right?

The blocks and %s mean he has quite a high floor going along with your low risk n high reward statement. 

Yeh high floor. 

Just traded for him (gave up D Russell) in a points league where TO's REALLY hurt you and i desperately needed a PF.

aaaaaanyway, really high on this kid. Not 100% this year will be the "breakout" year, but it's definitely coming

Massive talent

13 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Just traded for him (gave up D Russell) in a points league where TO's REALLY hurt you and i desperately needed a PF.

aaaaaanyway, really high on this kid. Not 100% this year will be the "breakout" year, but it's definitely coming

Massive talent

what a donkey that other guy is for making that trade. this will be the breakout year. it already was last year its just that he only played 22 min per game on average. when he played he beasted. 

watch the game where he lit warriors up for 31 or his birthday game when he got 24 16 and 4 blks

Just now, richg24 said:

what a donkey that other guy is for making that trade. this will be the breakout year. it already was last year its just that he only played 22 min per game on average. when he played he beasted. 

watch the game where he lit warriors up for 31 or his birthday game when he got 24 16 and 4 blks

haha i was happy with the trade for sure

as a Warriors fan myself, I remember that game well (I drafted Miles last year, dropped when he was injured then re-scooped for rest of year). Its a weird feeling watching one of your fantasy guys rip you're real life team to shreds

Hope he pans out with all the hype, ceiling, potential, blah, blah, blah. Same song on Rudy Gobert last season whom I drafted and was disappointed on the return. 

On 10/23/2016 at 11:25 PM, richg24 said:

if he maintains good percentages and gets about 14 ppg with 2.2-.2.5 blocks. top 40, maybe top 30. if you watch him you can see he's a monster

Those numbers are top 30 maybe top 20 assuming about 7-8rbs, 0.5stls, 0.5 threes, 1ast, 1.2 TOs & 50%/78%

3.3 blocks in the playoffs and faster offense this year and my draft night trade of giving up aaron gordon for him looks like a steal.

18 hours ago, richg24 said:

I suppose if TO really hurt you then that deflates Russell's value.  But really?  How can you bash someone for that trade?  I think Russell has the better year when its said and done.  But I guess its whatever your team needs more.  Bigs are a little more rare.   Perhaps the hype has gone too far...or Turner beasts and ends up top 30.  I would take Russell all day even in 9cat.   

Seriously, it's not as if he traded Myles Turner for Tony Parker or something. I love Myles but D'Angelo could just as easily break out on the same or higher level.