Jake the snake

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, c_dog said:

still feel this way bro?

After 1 game? With OT? Come on now

1 hour ago, whyamiajetfan said:

we drafted 6 weeks ago in my office league 100 bucks a head.. not a public league. don't get ya feelings hurt bro haha

Haha I drafted last week in $50 league and was able to get him at #77. Guess not everyone was in on the secret and I couldnt be happier

5 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Definitely. Turner is going to finish runner up in the MVP voting to Anthony Davis who will obviously average 50 ppg

1 hour ago, c_dog said:

not everybody gets to play in public league.  in competitive leagues with basketball junkies, they all know turner was due for a big year.  15pt/10reb/2blocks/1stl 1three is second round value, so even getting him 3rd round(26) you're still getting a postive return.  so unless you burn that early pick someone else will snatch him up.  

the only other way to draft him at 64 would be if you had an early early draft 1 month ago, but 64 is way too low.  no way he gets that low now.

Got him at 66 in a money league. Time to enjoy the ride

I am really impressed by his rebounding today. That was his biggest weak point last season.

I know he had a big game last night but whats do you guys see as a normal night from him??

30-35 mins, 10-15pts and 8-12 rebs a game.. plus blocks..

Just curious..

11 hours ago, c_dog said:

the only other way to draft him at 64 would be if you had an early early draft 1 month ago, but 64 is way too low.  no way he gets that low now.

Did and was able to snag this cat at 70, when he had the concussion protocol. So glad he missed that time. Strap yourselves in kids!!

Edited by Jake the snake

10 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

That's cool.  I'll check back with you in a few games and see if you change your mind.  Milsap and horford are being drafted second round for similar stats.  I think Turner can do 15pt 8reb 0.5three 0.9stl 2.1blocks on .500 fg% and .760ft%.  I would say these are even modest projections and he may end up doing much better.

33 minutes ago, c_dog said:

That's cool.  I'll check back with you in a few games and see if you change your mind.  Milsap and horford are being drafted second round for similar stats.  I think Turner can do 15pt 8reb 0.5three 0.9stl 2.1blocks on .500 fg% and .760ft%.  I would say these are even modest projections and he may end up doing much better.

A few games isn't going to change anything either. There are 82 games in a season man...a handful of games isn't going to change my opinion. When it's the ASB and Myles is playing better than Brook, then I'll concede. Until then, it's a waste of time to go back and forth about draft position. I've been playing fantasy too long to overreact to the first week of any sport.

EDIT: Keep in mind I never said Myles Turner would be a bad fantasy asset. All I said is I wouldn't take him in the top 30 picks.

Edited by lbjames6

13 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

I am really impressed by his rebounding today. That was his biggest weak point last season.

Yeah, he seemed clueless last year as far as positioning and timing.  I'm inclined to believe that rebounding is genetic so I'm only expecting 5 or 6 rebs/game.  if he's going to get 15 fgas up and take 5 fts though he's scoring 20 ppg and getting a couple blocks.

PS - learning to rebound has happened in the past (see Dirk Nowitzki) so we can't rule it out.

14 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Yeah, he seemed clueless last year as far as positioning and timing.  I'm inclined to believe that rebounding is genetic so I'm only expecting 5 or 6 rebs/game.  if he's going to get 15 fgas up and take 5 fts though he's scoring 20 ppg and getting a couple blocks.

PS - learning to rebound has happened in the past (see Dirk Nowitzki) so we can't rule it out.

Wait..."rebounding is genetic"..."learning to rebound has happened in the past" ...so does the rebounding ability of his father completely determine his ability or not? lol

12 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Wait..."rebounding is genetic"..."learning to rebound has happened in the past" ...so does the rebounding ability of his father completely determine his ability or not? lol

I think it's passed on the Mother's side, like baldness, or defense.

I'm jealous too. Was thinking he was a slight reach at 38 and took a risk hoping he'd still be there at 59. Took Favors instead why god. He went at 50. First regret of the year.

39 minutes ago, jspeed said:

I think it's passed on the Mother's side, like baldness, or defense.

I read this in Jerry Seinfeld's voice.

had a feeling i wouldn't regret spending $26 on him in an auction (more than brolo and ibaka went for). 

1 minute ago, richg24 said:

had a feeling i wouldn't regret spending $26 on him in an auction (more than brolo and ibaka went for). 

Exactly what I paid. 

On 10/25/2016 at 11:13 AM, Ax05 said:

3.3 blocks in the playoffs and faster offense this year and my draft night trade of giving up aaron gordon for him looks like a steal.

So happppppppy haha. Lets enjoy this ride to the playoffs together fellas!!!!!

would you guys say turner is = or better than blake, love, LMA?

or is there track record worth more than 2 games?

Edited by colepenhagen

Blake is in a contract year. He's 1,000% motivated to have his best year ever.  I could see Blake drop 24pts/11rbs/5assts/1stl/.7blk/.7threes/50FG%/73FT%/36mpg

Love will be Love. Poor FG%. 10rpg. 2 threes. he'll sit in the 16ppg range unless Kyrie goes down with an injury. 

LMA will replicate last year's #'s with lots of random rest games seeing as how the Spurs will dominate all year as well as lock up their playoff position early. 

I'd take Turner over Love/LMA.  But Blake is on a mission to cash-in.