Jake the snake

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook

47 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

just traded away Conley for this stud. 

Wow. That's a steal bro....to gauge his value, I was offered a straight up trade of Oladipo for him (I don't I'm taking it).

Seems those who slept him are now realizing the insane potential/upside. Trade opened my eyes up a bit....he might be more valuable then I'd anticipated.

Mid-Late 2nd rd value ROS not unreasonable to expect right?

12 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Wow. That's a steal bro....to gauge his value, I was offered a straight up trade of Oladipo for him (I don't I'm taking it).

Seems those who slept him are now realizing the insane potential/upside. Trade opened my eyes up a bit....he might be more valuable then I'd anticipated.

Mid-Late 2nd rd value ROS not unreasonable to expect right?

Mild bias as an owner but I think he's gonna finish between 14-20 and that's being conservative. If you remember back to the Ibaka first rounder days it seems a lot more reasonable and then you add in the fact that Myles seems to be just as involved on offense, if not more, than Ibaka was at the time.  

I truly envy you guys. Coulda woulda shoulda gotten him, yet picked BroLo over him both chances I got. Damn you Atkinson. 

Enjoy the ride. 

11 hours ago, bonezi89 said:

If you remember back to the Ibaka first rounder days it seems a lot more reasonable and then you add in the fact that Myles seems to be just as involved on offense, if not more, than Ibaka was at the time.  

Myles is fluid on offense.  It's genetic for him.  Ibaka, for all his athleticism, never had that.

I wish I had more time to catch some Pacer games. Any idea why the dip in production/lower mins in the last 3 games?

He started out with such a bang...match  up dynamics/foul troubles/etc?

6 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

fouls man .. 4 fouls in the 3rd both games +1 blowout

gotcha. thanks. just wondering what was up, makes sense.

3 minutes ago, kane said:

well,he forget how to get reb?

Nah, he was like this last year too. The first couple games with double digit rebounding was the anomaly.

4 hours ago, kane said:

We gonna find a way to complain about this line?  Tough crowd.  He wasn't a strong rebounder last year and he still isn't a strong rebounder this year.  Expect his rebounds to be ~6.5 per game.

This guy is gonna be a walking 20/10/3/1 really soon , his offence is so nice .... + Has the best hairstyle NBA

13 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Nah, he was like this last year too. The first couple games with double digit rebounding was the anomaly.

Remember the rebounding is a genetic thing...Myles is missing the gene

On October 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM, jspeed said:

Yeah, he seemed clueless last year as far as positioning and timing.  I'm inclined to believe that rebounding is genetic so I'm only expecting 5 or 6 rebs/game.  if he's going to get 15 fgas up and take 5 fts though he's scoring 20 ppg and getting a couple blocks.

PS - learning to rebound has happened in the past (see Dirk Nowitzki) so we can't rule it out.

Edited by Jake the snake

4 hours ago, manolo_ said:

This guy is gonna be a walking 20/10/3/1 really soon , his offence is so nice .... + Has the best hairstyle NBA

Ummm....no

2602101-2463857318-bert-.jpgmyles_turner.png

17 hours ago, kane said:

blocks> rebounds

worth trading him to get mccollum? i have gobert, nurkic, jokic, tjones, and noah as my other bigs. 9 cat h2h, all around team, maybe punt FT. 

7 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

worth trading him to get mccollum? i have gobert, nurkic, jokic, tjones, and noah as my other bigs. 9 cat h2h, all around team, maybe punt FT. 

You will be elite in blocks with him, but average without. Your choice. But in a vacuum, McCollum is probably better. If Teague/Monta get it going, it might take away some looks from Turner. 

if i have a chance to sell high and get draymond, is it worth it? 9 cat, h2h, 12 team. the offer i have on the table is myles and drose for draymond and jamal crawford. as much hate as rose has been getting, hes been great for me so far. 

Wrong forum , but Dray >Myles and rose will prolly break down sometime mid season . So yeah if a decent guy lies on waivers to replace jamal go for it

Is hayward a good grab for this dude? It seems that blk is the anchor to his value. Esp since he's not an elite rebounder and his fg is good but not great unlike Ibaka who was doing 55% plus during those prime years.

Edited by deathrazor

5 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Is hayward a good grab for this dude? It seems that blk is the anchor to his value. Esp since he's not an elite rebounder and his fg is good but not great unlike Ibaka who was doing 55% plus during those prime years.

his blocks do anchor his value but he provides in other cats too. scoring is good, rebs are ok, steals are better than most big men, as he gets more comfortable he will sprinkle in more 3s as well. everyone needs to realize that this is the dudes 2nd year in the league. he can only improve as the season goes on. he has all the tools to be a full 9 cat player with huge blocks. 

2 quick foul on emiild,sml

Edited by kane

Just drafted this guy today... I'm getting worried.