Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tcann66

Keeper Help WHIR

This may be a dumb question but Im fighting the inner demons.

1 Keeper PPR League Auction Style Draft. 10 team $200 budget

Options:

A Brown for $51

Doug Martin for $7

Jordan Reed for $5

I know Brown for that value is still pretty good but I'm seeing Martin and Reed go for roughly $30 each. Could save some real spend on those guys but its tough to let Brown hit the open market.

Other players likely being kept: OBJ, Julio/Hopkins, B Marsh, AP, Gronk, Watkins, Cam, Jordy, and Rawls

100% WHIR 

1 minute ago, Tcann66 said:

Any reason why keeping Martin?

Because he's the best player for the lowest price.

21 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Hate to see Brown go, but Martin's a much better deal.

This for me too. $51 for Brown seems like a lot.

Ouch.  Hard to say goodbye to Brown, but tough to throw 25% of cap at him when you can get Martin for $7.  I'd go Dougie.  

Help me please?  

Ya I know what you guys mean with Brown but Ive been seeing his average auction price around $57-58 so I;m still getting a very minimal deal if thats possible lol. I guess maybe though is I'm getting Martin at about a $23 discount and if I really wanted Brown I could use some of that extra cash to land brown as well?

1 hour ago, Tcann66 said:

Ya I know what you guys mean with Brown but Ive been seeing his average auction price around $57-58 so I;m still getting a very minimal deal if thats possible lol. I guess maybe though is I'm getting Martin at about a $23 discount and if I really wanted Brown I could use some of that extra cash to land brown as well?

Yes, but don't.  Draft Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson and AJ Green, with another stud RB like Jamaal Charles, and you have your starters.  Doesn't take many dollars to get an adequate QB and TE

Thanks for mine! 

I would actually keep Brown. He is a killer in a PPR league, and I'm a little lower than most on Martin. 

Yea keep martin. Let someone else spend that on Antonio, and try to land someone in that second tier of wrs like Arob or A.j with that extra cash you got and still could pair him with another high end rb1 at that price.  The value is too good to pass up.

Brown may be #1, but he's not = to AJG + Martin, and those are the kind of numbers you're looking at now. The thread agrees, keep Martin, and your inner demons should be assuaged.

If you save the 20$ on martin you can have that $ to spend on another top WR. Plus you already have and RB1 on top of that.

Can you help ?

Brown average auction cost in 10 team ppr is 68. I would easily keep the best player in fantasy especially at a discount. Martin is on my no draft list. I get the value thing but what about winning. Martin is a bust imo and brown easily the best option in fantasy. 

Plus value are driven up in auction leagues were there are keepers. With those other players that people are keeping brown could easily go for 75+. Also in a 10 team league u will have other options to fill out an roster since it's not as deep as other leagues. 

Hands down own brown for me 

4 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Martin is on my no draft list... Martin is a bust imo...

Rationale, or just a gut feeling?

i'd keep brown. you get a slight discount and sims will drain a bit of the ppr value outta martin, who is fairly inconsistent despite finishing high in the rankings

20 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Rationale, or just a gut feeling?

Gut. Additional he either did nothing or had a good game no in between. 

6 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Gut. Additional he either did nothing or had a good game no in between. 

How do you define "in between"?

I guess for me a good game is over 15 (PPR) points, and a bad game is under 10 points, so "in between" would be 10-15 points.

Martin had 4 bad games, 7 good games, and 5 in between games by that standard.

1 hour ago, Axe Elf said:

How do you define "in between"?

I guess for me a good game is over 15 (PPR) points, and a bad game is under 10 points, so "in between" would be 10-15 points.

Martin had 4 bad games, 7 good games, and 5 in between games by that standard.

So basically it's up in the air. Would rather have brown over questionable players. 

The whole thread has come down to "value". I feel brown has value at that price considering his production and his average auction value is 68 in that format. 

But value would be getting a #1 rb at a 20$ discount. He can then use that 20$ discount to go out and spend the money on a top WR. Now if you think doug martin is crap then yeah, I would default to reed. Again if your saving 25$ then you can use that you pay up for a top WR. For example: If you have Reed for 5$ then spending 60$ on Julio doesnt hurt you because you saved the 25$ on Reed/martin. 

Martin for sure. 

7 $ is peanuts for him.

Use that saved cash on arob

Thank you all for your input to my question! Still have demons somewhat as some have expressed Martin at $7 is really appealing and if he is top 10 RB thats amazing value. However, he has had 2 good season and 2 dud seasons in his 4 year career. Simms also seems to steal enough touches from making him a true workhorse. Brown on the other hand IMO is the best player in the league and I will get a "slight" discount for him. 

2 hours ago, Tcann66 said:

Thank bhawks for your input to my question! Martin at $7 is really appealing and when he is top 10 RB thats amazing value.