Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tcann66

Keeper Help WHIR

10 hours ago, UcanTry said:

So basically it's up in the air. Would rather have brown over questionable players. 

No.  So basically you were wrong when you said Martin has good games and bad games and no in-between--I showed that he had 4 bad games and 7 good games and 5 in-between games.

For a WR in a PPR league I have to up the standard a little--maybe over 17 points for a good game and under 12 for a bad game.  By that standard, Brown had 4 bad games and 9 good games and 3 in-between games, and he costs seven times more than Martin.

I don't see enough of a dif between 7-9 (good to bad/middling) and 9-7 to call one solid and the other questionable.

7 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

No.  So basically you were wrong when you said Martin has good games and bad games and no in-between--I showed that he had 4 bad games and 7 good games and 5 in-between games.

For a WR in a PPR league I have to up the standard a little--maybe over 17 points for a good game and under 12 for a bad game.  By that standard, Brown had 4 bad games and 9 good games and 3 in-between games, and he costs seven times more than Martin.

I don't see enough of a dif between 7-9 (good to bad/middling) and 9-7 to call one solid and the other questionable.

No actually I'm not. The whole thread is about who to keep and its brown

Your definition of good is not the end all say all. Additionally what happen the previous year? Additionally Martin was in a contract year last year. You can argue with me all day about how great u think Martin is. I'm not at training camps and not an reporter so I have to go off everything reported and past performances. Everything report and seen points to Martin being extremely overvalued this year. Which is a lot of people views not just mine.  I don't get your love affair with Martin especially when your saying he's a better value then the best player in football. You might not think I'm right but keeping a player deemed "risky" for the number 1 overall player is not a great idea.

What's easily whole to fill on a roster? A elite wr or a rb. In ppr there are a lot of rbs that you can look towards later in drafts for the rb. Filling the wr1 hole is a lot more difficult. Value is one thing but winning is another. 

Yahoo Auctions Drafts Results (with 10 live people): Brown $62, Martin 33

I'd go Martin (Best value)

Your thoughts?

5 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Your definition of good is not the end all say all. Additionally what happen the previous year? Additionally Martin was in a contract year last year. You can argue with me all day about how great u think Martin is. I'm not at training camps and not an reporter so I have to go off everything reported and past performances. Everything report and seen points to Martin being extremely overvalued this year. Which is a lot of people views not just mine.  I don't get your love affair with Martin especially when your saying he's a better value then the best player in football. You might not think I'm right but keeping a player deemed "risky" for the number 1 overall player is not a great idea.

Fortunately there are enough other people with the good sense to see the better value that he won't have to trust Axe Elf exclusively (although that IS the default position to take).

When you start out with a RB1 for $7, you can afford to buy more than one solid WR and create a better TEAM than if you start out with a single $50 WR.

2 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Fortunately there are enough other people with the good sense to see the better value that he won't have to trust Axe Elf exclusively (although that IS the default position to take).

When you start out with a RB1 for $7, you can afford to buy more than one solid WR and create a better TEAM than if you start out with a single $50 WR.

"

Other players likely being kept: OBJ, Julio/Hopkins, B Marsh, AP, Gronk, Watkins, Cam, Jordy, and Rawls"

Except most wr are being kept and the one or two left are going to go for big bucks. Would be easier to grab a rb the wr with that list. 

15 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

"

Other players likely being kept: OBJ, Julio/Hopkins, B Marsh, AP, Gronk, Watkins, Cam, Jordy, and Rawls"

Except most wr are being kept and the one or two left are going to go for big bucks. Would be easier to grab a rb the wr with that list. 

Most WRs are being kept?  It's a 10 team, ONE keeper league!  lol

He could easily draft Green, Robinson and Allen with another PPR RB like Charles or Lewis with the money he will save by locking up Martin for $7.

That's better than keeping Brown for $50, and then having Tyler Lockett and Emmanuel Sanders as your other WRs, after you spend $30 each on TWO credible RBs.

9 hours ago, UcanTry said:

I don't like the contract year argument. Not all players just want the money, some want to get into the hall of fame

I think based on the value assigned to the players that martin is a better deal too

It is Brown. 

Martin and Reed likely had outlier seasons due to martin notoriously having a few big games and Reed likely won't be as healthy as he was last year ever again.

20 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Most WRs are being kept?  It's a 10 team, ONE keeper league!  lol

He could easily draft Green, Robinson and Allen with another PPR RB like Charles or Lewis with the money he will save by locking up Martin for $7.

That's better than keeping Brown for $50, and then having Tyler Lockett and Emmanuel Sanders as your other WRs, after you spend $30 each on TWO credible RBs.

He said obj Hopkins Julio and then he has brown. Those are the teir 1 wr. I like green this year but in MY opinion he is not on that level yet. JUST my opinion. 

4 hours ago, UcanTry said:

He said obj Hopkins Julio and then he has brown. Those are the teir 1 wr. I like green this year but in MY opinion he is not on that level yet. JUST my opinion. 

Don't have such tunnel vision.  Of course Green isn't equivalent to Brown--but a corps of Green, Robinson and Allen (which he could afford by keeping Martin and throwing back Brown) is better than a corps of Brown, Maclin and Decker (which is about what he'd be limited to after blowing a quarter of the budget on Brown).

I'd keep Brown.   Then do your research and find the next Martin valued at a good number.     

The reverse will be much more difficult to do.   

17 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Don't have such tunnel vision.  Of course Green isn't equivalent to Brown--but a corps of Green, Robinson and Allen (which he could afford by keeping Martin and throwing back Brown) is better than a corps of Brown, Maclin and Decker (which is about what he'd be limited to after blowing a quarter of the budget on Brown).

Sure it is smart guy. Have you ever played in an auction redraft with keepers? That trio u mentioned is going to a lot to put together. Plus arob probably will regress and Allen needs to stay healthy as well. 

But you think you know everything say whatever u think is true.