aeron

Bo Bichette - 2B/SS TOR

Future batting champion. This kid rakes. The thought of him playing short at Rodgers Stadium makes me feel things.

• Like 2

Pretty cool that Dante Bichette, Vlad Guerrero and Craig Biggio all have kids on the same AA team.  

14 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Excellent field work.  Thanks Muchly

3 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I was at the game Saturday night. Funny enough, my friend took that 2nd video of the Bo double. 

His 2 strike approach is awesome. Love how advanced of a hitter her is at his age. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Pretty cool that Dante Bichette, Vlad Guerrero and Craig Biggio all have kids on the same AA team.  

And Yuli Gurriel's younger brother. Tons of bloodlines on that team. They're gonna dominante the Eastern League 

14 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

And Yuli Gurriel's younger brother. Tons of bloodlines on that team. They're gonna dominante the Eastern League 

Also forgetting Kacy Clemens.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheBoatmen said:

Also forgetting Kacy Clemens.  

The Jays also have Mark Grudzelanek's nephew, Brandon. And also Dwight Smith Jr.

Might have to adopt the Jays as one of my favorite teams to watch in the future. Bo/Vlad is too much fun

• Like 1

Hoping that we see Bo and Vlad in AAA at some point this year.  Would prep them both for a 2019 callup....

2 hours ago, GJDHouse said:

Hoping that we see Bo and Vlad in AAA at some point this year.  Would prep them both for a 2019 callup....

It will be a matter of when they get to AAA  in 2018,

The most time either have spent at one level is 70 and 71 games at Low A respectively.  That was their first taste of full season ball and it only took 40 and 48 games respectively in High A to realize they are simply above class.

Personally I think you could call them up to the bigs right now and they would be above replacement level. I think we'll see both get the call to AAA after the ASB. And we may get to see them get a cup of coffee in September 

• Like 1

If I am Toronto I wait until mid April of 2019 before making the call on either of them.  They are going to be special.  Getting that extra year when they are in their prime is well worth the 2 months and the PR nightmare of making them wait.  As an owner I hope they don't wait, but it just makes too much financial sense to wait that extra period of time.

2 hours ago, Chubbles said:

Unless they buy them both out like Kingery

Given that they both come from pretty well to do families, I can't see this. Especially with all their pedigree and hype 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefrogguy said:

He is sometimes listed as 2B/SS.  Which position is he more likely to play in the bigs?

I'd say more likely than not 2B, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if his defense at shortstop kept improving enough to be serviceable there.

55 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

His hitting isn't up to par yet but good to see the D is coming along at ss

On 4/8/2018 at 8:34 PM, bradwatson said:

Future batting champion. This kid rakes. The thought of him playing short at Rodgers Stadium makes me feel things.

Where is Rodgers Stadium?

8 hours ago, MoonyGray said:

Where is Rodgers Stadium?

Toronto. The edifice formerly known as the Skydome.