NYR Fan 116894

Eli Rogers 2016 Season Outlook

29 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Markus Wheaton (shoulder) was held out of Thursday's practice.

Wheaton has guaranteed he'll suit up for Monday's opener, but his week is off on the wrong foot. The Steelers are likely just being cautions, but Wheaton's status obviously can't be taken for granted. He needs to get in at least a limited session on Friday. Wheaton will be on the WR3/4 borderline if he can go against the Redskins.

Eli time???

Rogers is the starting slot receiver regardless.  Wheaton's injury really affects Coates.

8 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Rogers is the starting slot receiver regardless.  Wheaton's injury really affects Coates.

^ This. 

When was the last time Ben had a true full time slot WR?

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

I guess this depth chart says DHB fills in for Wheaton if he's out, with Eli in the slot regardless.  Coates hasn't played a single snap with Ben or the first team sets this preseason.

The real person this hurts Ben.  Goes from throwing to AB, Martavis, Wheaton, Ladarius Green AND LeVeon Bell to AB, DHB, Eli Rogers, Jesse James and DeAngelo.  Ouch.

POS FIRST SECOND THIRD OTHER
WR1 Antonio Brown Sammie Coates Eli Rogers  
LT Alejandro Villanueva Ryan Harris Chris Hubbard  
LG Ramon Foster Cody Wallace Chris Hubbard B.J. Finney
C Maurkice Pouncey Cody Wallace B.J. Finney  
RG David DeCastro Cody Wallace Chris Hubbard B.J. Finney
RT Marcus Gilbert Ryan Harris Chris Hubbard  
TE Jesse James David Johnson Xavier Grimble  
RB DeAngelo Williams Fitzgerald Toussaint Daryl Richardson  
FB Roosevelt Nix      
QB Ben Roethlisberger Landry Jones Zach Mettenberger  
WR2 Markus Wheaton Darrius Heyward-Bey Eli Rogers

Edited by MBarbarian

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Has a good floor in PPR + return yardage settings

What kicks is he returning?

3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

What is his upside/ceiling?

Have no idea. 

But if Eli is a magician and will be patrolling the middle of the field, he can benefit from the short passing game. Could be a decent play in PPR leagues as a flex. Honestly, we need to see a week or two to see what his role is and how he looks. He definitely has potential.

10 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Have no idea. 

But if Eli is a magician and will be patrolling the middle of the field, he can benefit from the short passing game. Could be a decent play in PPR leagues as a flex. Honestly, we need to see a week or two to see what his role is and how he looks. He definitely has potential.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if that is his ceiling (flex play). Or if I should be thinking more along the lines of how this offense used to be able to support two high end WR2's (Wallace and Brown). Obviously Brown is now a super elite WR1.

Hines Ward played out of the slot, but he never overlapped with Brown being good (his last year 2011 he was a role player while Brown broke out).

So, I'm thinking his absolute ceiling may be low end WR2, high end WR3.

With someone you can flex occasionally being the likely outcome.

Big Ben is gonna throw for 4000 plus yards, so they need to go somewhere. Pencil in Brown for 1500-2000 of those.

Edited by Deadpool

Have to figure that either or both Eli and/or Jesse James does something tonight, but both are still big question marks. Just realized I have this guy in my lineup with no one to swap, don't let me down rotoworld preseason hype thread!

20 hours ago, Deadpool said:

What is his upside/ceiling?

I'm guessing this includes answers to your fantasy football related questions as well.

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I'm guessing this includes answers to your fantasy football related questions as well.

I think he will have a solid night but don't think he will explode. Hopefully we see just enough to get a feel for his role ROS.

Well, that's definitely not what we wanted to see. Dude came out of the gates looking really impressive but then screwed up a route and got a ball intercepted. Wouldn't be surprised if Big Ben shies away from him the rest of this game. 

Just now, timbrah_ho said:

Well, that's definitely not what we wanted to see. Dude came out of the gates looking really impressive but then screwed up a route and got a ball intercepted. Wouldn't be surprised if Big Ben shies away from him the rest of this game. 

And throw it to DHB/Wheaton/Coates? I mean it would be nice if he threw it to AB every time, but Ben doesn't have much choice if he wants to get completions and move the ball down field. 

Not bad but looks like ben just targeted AB the rest of the game after that miscue - still second in targets tho and scored a  TD.

4 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

Not bad but looks like ben just targeted AB the rest of the game after that miscue - still second in targets tho and scored a  TD.

He got targeted several times after the miscue and made up for it by showing his awareness and hands on that fluke TD. I was wrong about Ben going away from him, happy to say. AB got targeted a lot because he's AB

Edited by timbrah_ho

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Everyone will blow their WW load in this guy when Wheaton returns next week. Fools gold.

You realize they run completely different routes and have completely different roles in the offense. Right?

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

You realize they run completely different routes and have completely different roles in the offense. Right?

Haha it's like saying Brandon LaFell would ruin Edelman in NE a couple years ago.