joshoowah

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Personally, I'm torn on whether or not to keep this guy in one of my dynasty leagues, but I think it is worth talking about this guy's potential this year with the Suns. I don't think PJ will keep the starting gig that long, if at all really, but there are two rookie forwards on the squad that could eat into his minutes.

I think his numbers could be somewhere in the 14ppg, 4rb, 1.3ast, 1stl, 1 tpg, 48% FG, 71% FT range. Anything suggest otherwise?

I'll answer the question, but it doesn't really pertain to Warren's season outlook. I'd slide down in the draft a round if I keep him, but I'm not sure I'll get the chance of picking Simmons, Dunn, Ingram, or anyone of that caliber. I can keep as many players as I want, but I do not want to keep dead weight.

I see a guy who barely scraped top 200 last year in forty-some games, has more competition on the wings, and may have conditioning issues to start the season. Outside of a stupidly deep league, I wouldn't hold him or draft him unless you paid me.

Started and lead the team with 30 minutes. Got 3 blocks and a steal along with 15 points. Good sign, but he's definitely gotta keep it up. 

7 hours ago, s-kayos said:

Started and lead the team with 30 minutes. Got 3 blocks and a steal along with 15 points. Good sign, but he's definitely gotta keep it up. 

Tucker was hurt.. same old story, as long as Tucker is around tj is a no-go.

1 hour ago, doomz said:

Tucker was hurt.. same old story, as long as Tucker is around tj is a no-go.

It might not be the same old story because coach hasn't confirmed Tucker is getting his job back when he returns. It should depend on how well Warren does. Iirc he called it a "tough decision" whether Tucker is getting his starting gig back so at least there's a chance. But it is something to monitor at this point

Edited by s-kayos

12 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

It might not be the same old story because coach hasn't confirmed Tucker is getting his job back when he returns. It should depend on how well Warren does. Iirc he called it a "tough decision" whether Tucker is getting his starting gig back so at least there's a chance. But it is something to monitor at this point

i do hope TJ gets a chance to play extended minutes, he's very streaky but also really really talented.

Edited by doomz

Just read that tucker returned to limited practice drills already. Still a bit leery of how this all shakes out 

3 hours ago, PuzzBeterson said:

You're getting mini-Boozer stats from the SF position. 

I see him like getting Jabari Parker, but with a hazy minutes outlook.

3 hours ago, jsquints said:

I see him like getting Jabari Parker, but with a hazy minutes outlook.

Exactly! It's funny that Jabari is getting all kinds of love but these two guys are basically the same player when given the PT. If Warren gets the minutes I would take a late round flyer on him hoping for some improvement in stocks or 3's. 

4 hours ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

Don't sleep on warren, he will be this years will barton 

When you do not hit 3's, steal the ball and only score its kind of hard to be Wil. Warren is an empty stat guy which means he scores and does nothing else. So I have to disagree there is no way he is this years Barton. He could be this years Shabazz Muhammad.. 

Edited by chud12

I can't think he's going to have a better season than some people think. Put him

at the end of my bench 

Edited by Dizzy

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

When you do not hit 3's, steal the ball and only score its kind of hard to be Wil. Warren is an empty stat guy which means he scores and does nothing else. So I have to disagree there is no way he is this years Barton. He could be this years Shabazz Muhammad.. 

You act as if Barton was some special type of talent last year. You do realize Barton averaged less then 1 steal a game? And his three point shooting went to s--- after the break averaging a measly 27% beyond the arc? I'd bet my money that last year was more of a fluke than anything.  

Now I'm not even saying Warren is a good player but if he gets decent minutes and the same opportunity as Barton had last year he can very well put up 1 three/1 steal on good percentages. FWIW he put up 0.8 threes and 0.8 stls in 22 minutes last year

13/5/1/1 would put him in the Barton range. 

Edited by taenggg

3 hours ago, taenggg said:

You act as if Barton was some special type of talent last year. You do realize Barton averaged less then 1 steal a game? And his three point shooting went to s--- after the break averaging a measly 27% beyond the arc? I'd bet my money that last year was more of a fluke than anything.  

Now I'm not even saying Warren is a good player but if he gets decent minutes and the same opportunity as Barton had last year he can very well put up 1 three/1 steal on good percentages. FWIW he put up 0.8 threes and 0.8 stls in 22 minutes last year

13/5/1/1 would put him in the Barton range. 

Not to nitpick, but from what I've been seeing he is a good player, just was raw. Him and Booker are closer in talent than people think.  

Edited by Dizzy

17 hours ago, chud12 said:

actually he did start hittin threes in the second half of last season 

15 hours ago, Dizzy said:

I can't think he's going to have a better season than some people think. Put him

at the end of my bench 

Are you saying you can't think he'll have a better season than others think? Or that you can think that others think that he's not gonna have a better season than is thought?

just

was curiou

s

22 hours ago, Dizzy said:

at the end of my bench 

6 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Are you saying you can't think he'll have a better season than others think? Or that you can think that others think that he's not gonna have a better season than is thought?

just

was curiou

s

I meant to say I think he's going to have a better season than a lot of people think. The talent is there all he needs is the opportunity. 

He's going to have a better season but not that much better. I was high on him last year cause he could be that breakout player the Suns needed. However, Booker became that person. Warren is a natural scorer so he needs a lot of shots for value. The Suns are better off putting a 3 & D player that is better than Tucker in their starting lineup. Actually, I if I really wanted to win as Earl Watson I would eventually play tucker as a starter again for the Def.

i have a weird feeling he's gonna be really good. and better than RHJ. want to pick him up

Edited by lethotjames