joshoowah

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Didn't watch but was following tweets to see how TJ was doing. Among the starters, he apparently was the only one giving his all at defense, leading to the team-high in minutes. Good sign for TJ owners. I just hope he starts hitting his threes. He hasn't made any counting the preseason . 

6 minutes ago, justincredibl88 said:

his achilles heel is always fg%

Wha?? FG% is the only reason to roster this guy.

7 minutes ago, justincredibl88 said:

ah ok i just feel like i remember a lot of 7-17 and 4-12 shooting nights. but im probably wrong!

Yeah his whole deal is PTS with 50% shooting. Its the other CATS where he seems to fall short

7 hours ago, jsquints said:

Yeah his whole deal is PTS with 50% shooting. Its the other CATS where he seems to fall short

Yep he's a decently efficient scorer and that's what he does.  Don't expect many 3s however

On 10/27/2016 at 9:00 AM, jsquints said:

Wha?? FG% is the only reason to roster this guy.

Proving your point here. 21 points tonight on 83% freaking shooting, 10/12 FGs. Solid. 2 steals too.

Line of the night so far?  Wow.

30 points, 13 of 16 shooting, 7 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1 3PM

Edited by Blue Eagles

Dude is getting those minutes. Suns are so awful that there's not really anyone standing in his way of getting those minutes, at least in the first half of the season.

Swooped him off the waiver and on the train till the wheels fall off. I'm liking his stat lines better than last yrs nonexistent across the board stats

1 hour ago, Blue Eagles said:

Well Westbrook did Westbrook things.. but for who he is that line is awesome.

The minutes coupled with the performance is priceless. That's two solid games in a row from a guy who most likely went undrafted in most leagues. Still a lot of season left, but his prospects look promising to say the least.

14 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

Well Westbrook did Westbrook things.. but for who he is that line is awesome.

I did say "so far" lol. WB that time was shooting 15-40.  Awesome performance by Westbrook, but his line was heavily dragged down by his 5 TO and sub-40 shooting on 44 shots.  Still, it was an unbelievable performance by WB.

Going back to Warren, he's really doing it at both ends of the floor so far in two games.  Hopefully his improved defense translates to more steals for fantasy purposes, and he starts to consistently drop threes.  He's led the Suns in minutes played so far in both games.  He led the Suns in FGA in the first game, and FGM in the second.  He was second to Booker in FGA in the preseason, and it looks like he may have leapfrogged Knight and Bledsoe in the Suns' offense pecking order (hopefully).

1 hour ago, Blue Eagles said:

Line of the night? Uhhh Westbrook??!! lol Just the first 50 point triple double since 1975 ;) I do have TJ though. He's been awesome so far.

Just now, gymchamp said:

Line of the night? Uhhh Westbrook??!! lol Just the first 50 point triple double since 1975 ;) I do have TJ though. He's been awesome so far.

Check BBM boxscores.  There are 9 categories in fantasy :D  If you consider the massive drain on FG shooting of WB today, plus the 5 turnovers, plus the 75% free throw shooting on 20 attempts, then you have him contributing highly in 5 cats, while doing very poorly in 4 categories.  

11 minutes ago, driss lol said:

We're not talking about Westbrook in this thread, It's the T.J Warren thread.

lol Don't be obnoxious. Blue Eagles asked if TJ's line was the line of the night. I didn't think so and gave an example of one I thought was better.

This is a better response (even though I'd still rather have Westbrook's box score for most purposes)...

11 minutes ago, Blue Eagles said:

Check BBM boxscores.  There are 9 categories in fantasy :D  If you consider the massive drain on FG shooting of WB today, plus the 5 turnovers, plus the 75% free throw shooting on 20 attempts, then you have him contributing highly in 5 cats, while doing very poorly in 4 categories.  

I added and dropped TJ Warren a total of 6 times last year. Nobody else rushed to pick him up.

I get a feeling I'm only going to be adding him once this time around

Just picked him up few minutes ago in points league.

Do you think he can keep playing 30+ minutes per game in the rest of the season?

I also concerned due the fact he didn't play more then 47 games per season in his 2 years career in the NBA. (So should we worry from injury?)

His production depends on Pj Tucker who the Suns are going to being along very slowly to begin the year because he is coming off of off-season surgery. If Warren continues the strong play he has a chance to run away with the job..