joshoowah

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook

29 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I agree with this for the most part. Warren went on similar streaks like this last year until to cool off big time, we will see if he keeps it going..

I feel like Warren's streakiness had a lot to do with Hornacek. 

His minutes were a complete rollercoaster which will cause inconsistency.

He generally seemed to play up to the challenge when he saw 30+ minutes

3 minutes ago, jsquints said:

That is partly true but Warren still did not play well in those games last season. Again the one concern owners should have is Pj Tucker. I know its sounds ridiculous but the guy is a vet who actually plays defense on the Suns. Before the season season Warren was viewed as a place hold for the starting spot until Tucker was up to speed. I don't think its as easy as if Warren plays great it won't matter. This could easily become a timeshare until the Suns are maybe ready to unload Tucker at the deadline. I am guessing they are going to want to showcase him at some point, its just a thought. But 2 weeks from now if Warren is still doing this it might not be a bad idea to try to sell high..

4 minutes ago, jsquints said:

It is kind of the "chicken & the egg argument". While Warren has been scoring, Gay, Roberson, and (ignore this but just mentioning) Durant had good games. The Suns also sit at 0-3. So Warren may be giving up too much def here to deserve 30+ mins consistently.

However, the flip side we didn't know about until a game or two into the season is Earl Watson saying that he will play rookies. It can translate to Earl not giving a crp what the Sun's record is this year. So I think his mins will be more consistent just cause of this.

can definitely see him having a 2014-2015 middleton like breakout this year. middleton was top 50 that year avging 13.4/4.4/2.3/1.5stls/1.4 threes 46.7FG% 86FT%

Edited by taenggg

2 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

I'd try to sell high on this guy if you can because these numbers probably won't sustain.

No one in their right mind would bite. You'll most likely end up selling him low.

He kinda hurt his right hand before the end of the first half. 

Hope he comes back to life @2nd half. :ph34r:

Not his best game tonight.  But if that's his floor, I'll take it.  He's very involved on offense for them, his usage rate should keep him relevant all year.

Clippers are a really a tough match up and he still was able to put respectable numbers. He's going to get his minutes, could be a big year.

Edited by Foppatosakic

I'm curious too. I love his game, but I think we'll have a clearer picture once Booker's back, since it looks like PJ's been eased back in completely now.

1 hour ago, MrJuiceBar said:

I'm curious too. I love his game, but I think we'll have a clearer picture once Booker's back, since it looks like PJ's been eased back in completely now.

At least Tucker looked fairly terrible.

12 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Could  this have the makings  of the Butler-esque breakout a few years back? 

I mean it's definitely looking like a big breakout but I dunno if we're talking 1st/2nd round value like Butler became.

He's looked like their main weapon on offense in every game this season. TJ Warren is the real deal. Targeted him as a sleeper, but had no idea this was coming. If he keeps this up, he'll probably win the most improved player award.

49 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

I mean it's definitely looking like a big breakout but I dunno if we're talking 1st/2nd round value like Butler became.

Boy that was my favorite fantasy season!

All the expectations that Devin Booker had going into this season.... is being fulfilled by this guy right now. 
The 2016-2017 Waiver Wire pickup of the year so far!